Magnolia Creek League City TX

1,224 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by El Sucio
El Sucio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone a member or has recently played at Magnolia Creek?
I'm thinking of joining but would like to get current members thoughts on the club.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I am in a charity scramble there on Monday. I believe they are still looking for golfers. It is for a good cause.
MarylandAG
We have not played it recently but my daughter has played there several times through STPGA Junior Tour, the course has always been in immaculate shape, beautiful links style course, I think they have 27 holes out there, not completely sure. We played a scramble to benefit First Tee there last summer at a time when most other courses were in rough shape and that course was in pristine condition, they must water the heck out of it. If it matters to you, they have great practice facility, nice range, good putting green, very nice pitching chipping area. We live across town in Cypress but every time we have made the journey across town to play it, we were impressed.
Mr.Bond
AG
Used to be a member. Course is great.

No mens locker room
Practice facilities are good not great
Food is good
It's not much of a CC feel/vibe if that's what you're going for

It has WAY too many members
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

El Sucio
I'll be stuck at work, but please give an update with your thoughts of the course.
El Sucio
I was curious of the course condition last summer during the drought. Great info, thanks.
El Sucio
I was wondering if it's hard to get an early Saturday and Sunday tee time. The current initiation is $1500 for a one year commitment and monthly dues are $550 - $650 depending if you get the cart plan.
YourFavAggie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

No mens locker room
Food is good

Do you know if they have done a membership overhaul in the last few years? (get rid of Young executive, raise the price, etc.) Know they were starting that across their clubs during covid with plans to apply across their portfolio.

Raised the cost per membership, but reduced the total members to provide more availability.
Eyes of texas Crying
Retired Principal
AG
Mr.Bond said:

No mens locker room
Food is good

Agree. Played Mag when South Shore and Mag Creek split. Now back at South Shore, which is closer to my house.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
El Sucio said:

I'll be stuck at work, but please give an update with your thoughts of the course.

Course was in pretty good shape. Not excellent. Several spots in the fairway were kinda bare, they had some grass, but it was thin and on hardpan. The greens were in good shape. They rolled slower than they looked. They were also firm. Overall, good shape. Better than any of the muni's I play around here. Don't know what they charge, but if they wanted top dollar, I would look at Bay Oaks. I should also say, I don't like links courses. Much prefer parkland style. This is my third year playing this tourney and the course conditions have always been pretty similar.
El Sucio
Great info, I appreciate you posting your thoughts of the course. I looked into Bay Oaks but it was a 10K initiation which is out of my budget.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.