College Station area golf courses

1,840 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by DargelSkout
Iliamna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coming to College Station in a couple of weeks. Recommendations for public golf courses would be appreciated. Will be playing with son and daughter in law.
Bad Poster
Iliamna said:

Coming to College Station in a couple of weeks. Recommendations for public golf courses would be appreciated. Will be playing with son and daughter in law.

Well you got a couple options.

Briarcrest or the a&m golf course.

If youre looking at briarcrest, You better book a tee time for briarcrest now. They fill up their tee sheet fast. Wish there werr more options, but there isnt unless you want to go to huntsville, navasota, caldwell or hearne
Iliamna
AG
Thanks
WhoopN06
What are the courses in Calvert, Hearne, Caldwell, heck even Franklin like? Never played any of them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
AggieIce
AG
Why not the campus course?
Shake-N-Bake_AG89
Caldwell has really been taking care of their course. It's a good 9 hole course.
Bunk Moreland
Don't even consider going to Navasota anymore. It's horrendous and over-priced. I heard Legendary Oaks in Hempstead is a complete **** hole now too.

I agree with the Caldwell course. Fun little 9-holer. It's not fancy so don't get confused.

Icecream_Ag
S
Played the front 9 in Navasota last week. Overall course was actually in pretty decent shape (read as great for that course), but they do have a whole crap load of temp greens.

Price is way too much for that course ($28 for 9 on a Thursday) but it had grass on the greens, tees, and fairways
victory
AG
Pecan Lakes has had the temp greens for well over a year now, probably closer to two. Wont go back there, place is an absolute chit hole. Back 9 at Hempstead isn't terrible but front nine is NOT good. Last summer they let a group of NINE go off! yes, NINE!
Outside of CS the best public course options are Ravens Nest in Huntsville and Grand Lakes in Montgomery. Grand Lakes doesn't have a driving range, a practice green or a really even a pro shop but its a decent course and in good shape.
dcrewint
I wouldn't go to Caldwell. If you're gonna drive might as well do High Meadow Ranch. Campus course is your best option. If it's windy you'll probably struggle, but otherwise you really only worry about pace of putts and the grown up rough in places. There's quite a few tee shots where you can spray it. Briarcrest, you can't spray it at all.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Bring back Bluebonnet!!
MarylandAG
Out of sheer curiousity, does Hill Top Lakes still have a course? If so, is it private? I think it is close to Normangee, if memory serves.
Shake-N-Bake_AG89
It's private
dcrewint
It's private but pretty easy to get on. I haven't been in 2 years or so, but was still the same as always. Super cheap cart fee cost($13.50?) A little tight here and there, not super manicured, but greens are generally a surprise(in a good way).
victory
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Bring back Bluebonnet!!
Was such a great course back in the day!
DargelSkout
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Bring back Bluebonnet!!

I can't tell you how many rounds I played out there when I should have been at home studying.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.