Masters hypothetical

1,477 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Unemployed
DargelSkout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can choose one of two options:

1. Play a round at Augusta National.

Or

2. Get 1 ticket (for one day) every year to the Masters tournament for the rest of your life.

Which do you choose?
TXAGGIES
Play, not even a hard decision
Marauder Blue 6
AG
2. Playing would be an awesome experience but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun for the average golfer like myself. I'd rather know that I'll be guaranteed to go back year after year.
DargelSkout
AG
That's what I was thinking. It would be cool to say you played there. But to have the opportunity to go see the course every year, sounds like a better option.
TXAGGIES
Marauder Blue 6 said:

2. Playing would be an awesome experience but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun for the average golfer like myself. I'd rather know that I'll be guaranteed to go back year after year.
You can still go every year if you are willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for a ticket (at most ~1,000). I'd give myself a 5% change of ever playing AN, would be 0% but I have one connection who has played before/ He knows a guy, and I have been working him every time I see him.
jagvocate
AG
My game isn't yet deserving of ANGC. #2 for me
NColoradoAG
TXAGGIES said:

Play, not even a hard decision

This. You could always buy a ticket.
Aggie369
AG
Play, no question
aginlakeway
AG
#2.

(I've already played)
lazuras_dc
AG
2 no question
Crazy Ag 97
AG
TXAGGIES said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

You can still go every year if you are willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for a ticket (at most ~1,000). I'd give myself a 5% change of ever playing AN, would be 0% but I have one connection who has played before/ He knows a guy, and I have been working him every time I see him.

Kind of same situation. The guy renting the house next door to mine, his grandfather is a member at Augusta. I've been working that angle for a while, especially since I know he gets to play it at least once or twice every year.
Muy
AG
If I get at least 2 tickets, give me number 2. Wouldn't be all that excited to go solo every year.
b_rad
AG
Always play!
FriscoAg
AG
#1 and I would play the slowest round of my life unless they allowed a replay.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jagvocate said:

My game isn't yet deserving of ANGC. #2 for me

Neither is mine but no way I'm passing that opportunity up.
Matsui
AG
birdman
Would you rather jam with the Rolling Stones for an evening or see a concert every year?
Old Sarge
AG
Traveling cost, for one, then Masters ticket (likely secondary market)+ travel cost for a second person, every year would get to be punishing and would wear over time.

Buy your own way once to see it, to get a feel for the magnitude, then cash in on #1 and PLAY it.
Green is the new RED.
Unemployed
AG
As it is, there's zero chance that I would get to play Augusta. I can always attend the Masters either via the lottery or secondary market.

So I'll choose the option to play Augusta one time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.