Best way to set up a money game for 5 day golf trip

762 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Aggie369
DRE06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leaving for a 5 day golf trip to Scotland on Friday. We have 8 guys total playing 5 rounds of golf.

Any recommendations on how to set up a game.
khaos288
AG
You want ideas for the games, or for tracking games you already have picked out?

There's a few apps out there that can track every game over the whole trip, and will give ideas on different things you can play as well. I can't remember what was proposed here last time, but there were a handful of guys who had ones they liked.
DRE06
AG
Looking for ideas on games. Probably want a 4 vs 4 with team money at end, but daily money as well.
TXAGGIES
If you have 8 guys, set up a draft before you leave, then do Ryder cup format. Every guys throws in $XXX and winners take all
TX_Aggie37
AG
My buddies and I are taking a quick weekend trip this weekend. 8 golfers. 18 on Friday and 27 on Saturday. Split into two teams of 4 doing a Ryder Cup style tournament. 3rd round is the last 9 holes on Saturday.

Round 1: Points
2v2 game where each player plays his own ball. 5 points for eagle, 3 for birdie, 2 for par, 1 for bogey. Team of 2 with highest combined score on the round wins their match up. 1 point for matchup win, half point each for matchup tie. Similar to stroke play but won't just obliterate you for a blowup hole.

Round 2: Individual Match Play
Speaks for itself. 1 point for match win, half point each for match tie.

Round 3: 2v2 Scramble
Speaks for itself. 1 point for win, half point each for tie.

There are 10 total par 3s we will play. We are each throwing in $10 per hole and will do Closest to the Pin on each. So that's 10 chances to win some beer money or a bigger payout if you win multiple holes.

No major skin in the game for the tournament. Bragging rights and losing team buys winning team dinner Saturday night.

I built a scorebook in Excel, but we may use the Squabbit app if it'll work right. I have no experience with it. There are endless possibilities with 5 full rounds. Hope this helps as a potential starting point.
pbrancazio
AG
We had 8 guys for 6 rounds in Scotland last June. We did a daily skins game plus a gross/net game. We also had a 2 man best ball, with teams changing every round. Used golf genius. $50/round per player for the pot.
Aggie369
AG
What courses?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.