Chevron LOGA @ Carlton Woods in The Woodlands

2,690 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by EliteElectric
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is planning on going to the tournament?
EliteElectric
CAR96 said:

Who is planning on going to the tournament?

We'll be there Sunday
MarylandAG
Will be there Sunday.
CAR96
AG
LPGA
Lonestarandi
AG
Another one for Sunday
AggieEyes
AG
Will be a great tourney - we'll be there Friday.
AgLA06
AG
We're taking the girls Thursday. And my oldest and I are going out Sunday with her playing partner and dad.

Took my oldest who was just getting into golf on Saturday last year and she had a blast. Easy to walk following groups and actually have interaction with the players. Got plenty of autographs and family / friends are often walking with groups (especially the amateurs).

Surprisingly (unless I missed something) there's only one apparel / pro shop at the entrance. So if you want something branded for the event to have players sign, get it on the way in. Don't forget sunscreen and a sharpie.

A lot less people than I expected for an LPGA major event and much more enjoyable than dealing with a crowded PGA event.

Thankfully, it looks like the Ironman isn't the same weekend this year. That was a beating last year to leave the golf tournament and it take 2 hours to get home because most the roads were closed down.
The Milkman
AG
I'm going to go to the Womens US Open at Lancaster next month. Excited to see a major.
EliteElectric
EliteElectric
From last year-

CAR96
AG
I did go last year on Saturday and the Ironman made it rough.

I do see they changed the park and ride this year so be sure and look at the website.

The smaller crowd was enjoyable and was able to follow Korda for a few holes.
AgLA06
AG
Had a great day. Good weather, even if a little hot. The par 3 17th is a great hole because there are picnic tables and shade to watch the action.

Cam Champ's foundation was by the entrance and it appears part of their mission is to take simulators to schools to expose kids to golf. His dad, Mr. Champ was there as well and was a great conversation.

El Gallo Blanco
AgLA06 said:

Had a great day. Good weather, even if a little hot. The par 3 17th is a great hole because there are picnic tables and shade to watch the action.

Cam Champ's foundation was by the entrance and it appears part of their mission is to take simulators to schools to expose kids to golf. His dad, Mr. Champ was there as well and was a great conversation.

That's awesome...my little girl is only three but trying to get her interested in golf and the players...figure that's a good first step in my quest to have a good playing buddy in the future. Just wondering if it would be foolish to bring an energetic little kid to such an event just for an hour or two to introduce her to that world? Only one way to find out!
Aggie95
AG
Nelly Korda at -4 with the tougher afternoon draw. I'm rooting for her to keep the winning streak going.
Ch11Ag96
AG
We live on the course and walked around with our 5yr old - it was not crowded at all and a lot of fun. Not much to do for younger kids but was a fun day - agree, the picnic tables and concessions on 17 are great - the proceeds from the concessions at 17 go to support girls softball. Cool event! - take your little one for sure!
Aggie95
AG
nice humble brag!

Also, not sure they will be able to get this tournament in. Several hours of thunderstorms later today and most of the day tomorrow....followed by more rain Sunday.
EliteElectric
Nelly is a machine right now, if she stays healthy she's getting into early 2000's Tiger type of dominance.
AgLA06
AG
Ch11Ag96 said:

We live on the course and walked around with our 5yr old - it was not crowded at all and a lot of fun. Not much to do for younger kids but was a fun day - agree, the picnic tables and concessions on 17 are great - the proceeds from the concessions at 17 go to support girls softball. Cool event! - take your little one for sure!
My 5 year old had a blast with all the kid stuff around the entrance. Designing her own shoes, the girl stem zone, the putting green, the golf simulator, getting goody bags with all the fancy sun screen / lip gloss booths. The Stem zone with the infrared camera, reflex simon says game, etc. There was a chipping booth like ski ball at the practice facility as well.

There's definitely not as much stuff for kids as a PGA tournament, but there's quite a bit if you can go on a slow Thursday and the kids aren't competing for space.

Once we did all of that we set up at a picnic table in the shade behind 17 green so my oldest could watch the action on 17 while the 5 year old colored and played with the stuff we brought her to do at the table.
MarylandAG
Given the expected rain through the night, do you all think the course will be playable tomorrow?
Ch11Ag96
AG
Course is in great shape. Finished Rd 3 this morning. The leaders tee off around 11:30am - it is really nice out but there is a cool stiff wind which makes it pretty chilly in the shade.
Bunk Moreland
Enjoying watching Nelly and the ladies carve up a course I've played at and struggled on many times.
class of 03
2nd hole and 5th hole, uuugggg
2wealfth Man
AG
pace of play is glacial right now
Deluxe
AG
2wealfth Man said:

pace of play is glacial right now

Gonna be a 6+ hour round for the leaders
98Ag99Grad
AG
Final group has been waiting on every hole.
2wealfth Man
AG
how are groups getting so bunched up; good lord, Nelly just kneeling on the fairway
Bunk Moreland
What group slowed this up so much? This has been brutal.
2wealfth Man
AG
if they want people to watch they have to fix this
HeyAbbott
AG
Congratulations to Nelly on her 5th straight win.
AgLA06
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Ciganda is the LPGA version of Sergio. The slow down was noticeable about her group on 18.
CAR96
AG
5th win.

Walked all 18 with her group; lot more people this year than last.
2wealfth Man
AG
AgLA06 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Ciganda is the LPGA version of Sergio. The slow down was noticeable about her group on 18.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/golf.com/news/carlota-ciganda-slow-play-match-play/
EliteElectric
EliteElectric
This is such a great event, and it's a super easy drive from CSTX.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.