Bandon Dunes New Scheduling System Started Today

1,515 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by E
DDub74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone considering making the trip to Bandon Dunes just a heads up the new system started today for September 2025 reservations.

I clicked the "get on the call waitlist" button at exactly 8:30 AM PST if not about 10 seconds before and immediately was 51 on the waitlist but I didn't put in the # of players as the rest of the page was my autofill defaults, so it kicked me back about 30 seconds and once I got confirmed I was #756 on the call waitlist.

So, if you ever want to go to Bandon Dunes again, call 5 seconds before and be ready to autofill the page and remember to enter the # of players cell, then hit submit.

Being #756, I would think our chances are slim to none to get a reservation for Sept 2025.

At least I have been twice, as going again is doubtful with this new system unless you can click fast.
khaos288
AG
Sounds like a couple of companies will write a few scripts to get these submissions automated and then sell their tee times to people as part of some golf vacation service.

I'm cynical af about that kind of stuff though.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Geez what a pain in the ass, wanted to get back someday but will try for Rodeo Dunes when it opens….. unless their system is like this.
bagger05
AG
I know bots are a big problem in Southern California. I think they're Korean "brokers" that have scripts that snag all the tee times and you have to buy them off the secondary market.

Hopefully not the same thing going on here but sounds like it probably is.
The Milkman
AG
I know its probably part of the allure, but it amazes me that Bandon and Sand Valley operate on such an archaic reservation system. And the tee times aren't the issue its just the lodging, so if they get more built it'll ease a bunch of that headache.

But it is frustrating to see that for those in the PNW, people can go on a days notice whereas the rest of us really need 18 months
Quinn
AG
Is Sand Valley that difficult to book these days? My dad and I were able to call up and book June tee times and housing back in 2022. Guess it has exploded in popularity since then, though it was already pretty popular at the time.
StEdsCOOG
Yesterday UH football announced a road game at Oregon State on September 26 of next year. Went ahead and looked at Bandon website since I've never been. Scrolled to September of next year and the lodging showed all booked up. Wasn't expecting that. I think I might head north after the game and do Chamber's Bay/Gable Sands.
E
AG
You will not be upset at all playing Chambers Bay! One of my favoirt golf experiences yet.

Although it is a 4hr drive from Corvallis, and another 4 hrs to Gamble Sands...
StEdsCOOG
Quinn said:

Is Sand Valley that difficult to book these days? My dad and I were able to call up and book June tee times and housing back in 2022. Guess it has exploded in popularity since then, though it was already pretty popular at the time.

I went there last year and had a superb trip. Stayed in a fantastic room right off of the Sandbox. I think all of the hoopla about The Lido is really driving people there. Plus they've also added Sedge Valley. I'd have to check but I don't believe they have added additional rooming since Lido and Sedge opened last year.
Doc4rock
AG
Going to sand valley in June, not able to stay at resort but able to play. Playing Erin Hills on Friday, mammoth dune Saturday morning and sand valley Saturday afternoon and sand valley again Sunday morning. Made reservations about 3 months ago because Brandon was booked.
Quinn
AG
Doc4rock said:

Going to sand valley in June, not able to stay at resort but able to play. Playing Erin Hills on Friday, mammoth dune Saturday morning and sand valley Saturday afternoon and sand valley again Sunday morning. Made reservations about 3 months ago because Brandon was booked.

Man, you're in for an awesome trip! Erin Hills is actually my favorite out of those three, but they're all fantastic.
The Milkman
AG
Quinn said:

I'm playing there in 2 weeks. We booked it February 2023. Bookings opened on a Wednesday, and we called Friday morning once we had our ducks in a row and in order to get 3 nights of lodging it had to be between April 26 - May 14ish or October. So they sold out all of summer in 2 days.

Heard this years was even quicker.

DDub74
I agree that these online systems unfortunately have to many opportunities to have computer hackers set up auto systems and then sell these tee times on secondary market.

Even Memorial Park in Houston has an online system that due to the recent Tour event, I looked this morning at the two week max window and by 7:30 AM al tee times were gone. And I know several guys that somehow magically get all the good tee times everyday. They must use some sort of auto system.

I am going to email Bandon and explain this to them and I know it won't go far, but at least want to let them know as I don't see how I can ever click fast enough to get on the list again.

I already got a text last night that Sept 2025 is full. Took two days.
bagger05
AG
Same thing happens with the Solstice. This year I thought I was ready and had all my info preloaded in auto fill. Got my stuff entered in less then a minute and I still didn't get in.
The Grinder (99)
AG
I have been the planner for our group (8 guys) for about a decade now. We've done nice trips (Scotland, Ireland, Pinhurst, Kohler, and others).

Finally did Bandon last year. I didn't realize it took two years out (at that time) to book. Our hope was to go the year prior but it was then that I realized how their scheduling worked at the time.

Anyway was able to get us on every course at least once, but wasn't able to get our usual month (Sept). We went in July which turned out to be great weather but not ideal for everyone's overall family planning (interfering with family summer vacations).

Decided to go to Cabot this year and was able to book that more easily than Bandon. Was hoping to do Sand Valley in '25 but couldn't get it all done on the second day bookings opened up.

After those experiences I may be done booking with them. Maybe there will be a paid service that will do it for me, but has gotten ridiculous... I basically had to take the day off work to book those
E
AG
bagger05 said:

Same thing happens with the Solstice. This year I thought I was ready and had all my info preloaded in auto fill. Got my stuff entered in less then a minute and I still didn't get in.
Bandon Solstice? We are trying to go next year, if you can add an additional 4 some to your groupd for us that would be awesome...

We did the one as Sand Valley last year and it was great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.