Oakmont Country Club (Corinth)

803 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by TXAGGIES
JimbloFisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any members at Oakmont that can comment on the course and membership experience?

I moved back to DFW area a little over a year ago - Highland Village to be specific. About a 12 handicap but I want to start playing more frequently. I'm about 15 minutes from both Bridlewood and Oakmont, so those are the two options I'm considering. I grew up playing Lantana and like the course, but the cost is a bit more than I want to pay.

Bridlewood has a "membership", but it's public so I imagine it's fairly crowded. I've never played Oakmont so I'm not familiar with the course. The fees would be more but don't seem unreasonable. I'm going to play a preview round, but wanted to see if there are any members here that would recommend it?
_lefraud_
AG
I've played Bridlewood a handful of times and never felt it was too crowded. I really enjoy the track.
khaos288
AG
If you're looking for afternoon tee times at Bridlewood, it's VERY crowded.

The reason is because it's fairly inexpensive, yet kept very nice. If you don't mind paying a little more Oakmont is a nice track as well, and won't see 300 players a day.
inozips
AG
Have reciprocated into to Oakmont a few times, seems like the Unknown Golf boys were there, if you use that app. It's likeable course and not a hard walk. Invited used to be Club Corp runs the place. I do believe it is considered lower tier in the Invited's reciprocal world, Las Colinas would be top shelf. Always enjoyed my rounds there...
stuffandstufflikedat
AG
Oakmont CC member since 2000. Really enjoy the course; well maintained and very playable. MGA, Ladies Golf Association (OLGA), and Senior MGA (50+) active and welcoming. Also a great junior golf program for the kids. Pool, tennis, and workout facility. Good number of Ags. Happy to assist with OCC info. (Class of '76.)
TXAGGIES
I play with the "Unknown" golfers pretty often up there and have played in about 10-15 member guests there.

The course us nothing to write home about but the members are great. If I lived closer I would join there just to hang out with the guys more often.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.