Pool pressure cleaner help

1,779 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by DeLaHonta
Rylo02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My pressure cleaner has multiple issues and I can't seem to find replacement parts for it anywhere. Time for a new one, I guess.

Any recommendations? (I've heard good things about Polaris.)

Also, do all pressure cleaners use the same wall connection? Mine now is a push-in and 1/4 turn clockwise.

Appreciate y'all!
Texker
AG
F the pressure side cleaner. Get a Dolphin.
TexAg1987
What cleaner do you have now?
Rylo02
AG
It's an older model Pentair Legend.
aggrad02
AG
Texker said:

F the pressure side cleaner. Get a Dolphin.

I have a dolphin and its great.
Maverick06
AG
+1 for a dolphin. I'll never go back to a traditional Polaris-type cleaner.
TexAg1987
Rylo02 said:

It's an older model Pentair Legend.
Pentair Legend - Head 3 Wheel Version Parts - INYOPools.com

Pentair Legend - Head for 4 Wheel Version Parts - INYOPools.com

Pentair Legend II Parts - INYOPools.com

Pentair Legend Platinum (Pre-2011) Parts - INYOPools.com
Rylo02
AG
Nice work 87. I will send your commission via Zelle.

Dolphin owners, what model do y'all recommend?
Ptery83
I have the active 20
Texker
AG
Ptery83 said:

I have the active 20

Ditto.
fire09
AG
Agree with the other posters, the polaris positive pressure cleaners are expensive to run and generally inferior to most of the dolphin/maytronics cleaners.
TX AG 88
AG
I have a Polaris that does a fine job for me. It stays in the pool 24/7 and works a few hours a day on a timer. I just can't imagine having to manually attend to a pool cleaner and store it after each use, or that the delta in performance could possibly be so great as to justify it.

You guys really think a robot is worth the extra effort? What's the greatest benefit/best trade-off, as y'all see it? (Not sniping, seriously asking for discussion)

TIA
ComeAndTakeIt
Our Dolphin model is a Triton PS. I leave it in the pool most days unless it's in the way for swimming.

It seems to clean better and has been more durable than previous cleaners.
fire09
AG
If cost to operate matters to you, my dolphin cleaner operates using less than 1/2 the power that the polaris vacuum / pump use. The triton/dolphin/maytronics can live underwater for a few years before they crap out.
Texker
AG
TX AG 88 said:

I have a Polaris that does a fine job for me. It stays in the pool 24/7 and works a few hours a day on a timer. I just can't imagine having to manually attend to a pool cleaner and store it after each use, or that the delta in performance could possibly be so great as to justify it.

You guys really think a robot is worth the extra effort? What's the greatest benefit/best trade-off, as y'all see it? (Not sniping, seriously asking for discussion)

TIA
I leave our Dolphin in the pool because I run it every day, typically twice a day.

The house came with a Polaris bag cleaner so I have a experience with both. I was shocked at how much more debris the Dolphin picked up.
double aught
AG
TX AG 88 said:

TIA
My thoughts exactly. Polaris is almost completely hands off. Tough to give that up.
TX AG 88
AG
Thanks for the replies. I can see using a robot if you only take it out to swim. Most of the time my pool gets used, it's the grandkids, and they don't like sharing the pool with the Polaris, either, so it gets set out on the side anyway.

If my Polaris goes out, or needs significant repair, I'll consider a robot as its replacement.
TX AG 88
AG
This "if" scenario has come to pass. My polaris has really sucked lately. Needs an overhaul, tail scrubber and a new backup valve at a minimum. THEN, the pump went bad the other night! Instead of a new pressure side cleaner, I'm going with a robot. What's the best value in the $800-1000 range?
fire09
AG
Dolphin triton
RoyVal
AG
I went from a Polaris 360 sweeper to the dolphin S200 a couple of months ago. Best decision I could have made. Very happy and impressed with my dolphin.
TX AG 88
AG
Wound up getting a Dolphin Cayman. Happy with it so far, but the filter screens don't want to stay seated in the filter "box" and the whole assembly is very tight fitting to replace it in the robot. Hopefully that doesn't become an issue. Otherwise, it works great!
DeLaHonta
AG
Do your Dolphins do steps well? Mine is a newer model and it is not great with steps. Fantastic everywhere else's though.

I still keep my Polaris in for daily cleaning and then drop in the Dolphin once a week for a deeper clean.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.