Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Outdoor Kitchen Grill & Griddle recommendations

2,221 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by sherminator
zoneag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm currently in the process of having my outdoor kitchen renovated/upgraded and am looking for some recommendations from you fine folks. I have space to have up to a 32" grill and a 32" griddle installed. Both will need to run on propane, as running a gas line is not feasible. My contractor recommends a brand called Bull BBQ, and their stuff looks good, but I've never shopped for this sort of appliance so figured I'd ask here. Thanks in advance.
agdoc2001
AG
The Evo is a very nice griddle. 32" won't fit the normal sized one, but you could get the 25G
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JSKolache
AG
I have the small 3 burner nat gas built in Bull. It has 2 speeds: 1) sloooowww and 2) well done/burnt. It has held up well outside at 16 yrs old and I need to replace the guts to work better. I cook just about everything but chicken in a large cast skillet on top of the grates now to keep it from burning.
zoneag
agdoc2001 said:

The Evo is a very nice griddle. 32" won't fit the normal sized one, but you could get the 25G
Thanks, that does look very nice.
ChoppinDs40
AG
look at BBQGuys.com.

They sell ALL sorts of brands, sizes, etc. You can buy a Porsche there or a Camry.

I bought a Lion brand and it has done well. It came with lots of accessories (rotisserie) and a griddle insert. Not sure what your budget is but you can spend $10,000 on these or $1,500.

One I have.

Lion L75000 32-Inch Stainless Steel Built-In Propane Gas Grill : BBQGuys
zoneag
Thanks, no set budget but I had hoped to stay under $8000 for the two cooking appliances. That grill looks great.
Leggo My Elko
AG
I am part of a company that builds outdoor kitchens. We've installed all the different brands into kitchens and honestly they are all kinda interchangable within their respective price points.
That said, currently I'm very impressed with "TrueFlame" in terms of quality and price point. They have a 32" grill and 30" griddle.

Has the look and feel of the top end brands and are only a little bit more expensive than the lower end brands. The grill grates are really impressive.
BourbonAg
AG
I have had a Bull gas grill for several years and it has worked fine. I converted it to natural gas about two years ago and haven't had any issues with that either.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Blaze
aTm2004
AG
Grilla Primate. It is a gas grill and a flat top depending on how you have it set up.

https://www.grillagrills.com/product/ps-primate-gas-grill-and-griddle
The Pilot
AG
I have a blaze griddle and power burner. I use my BGE and Joe Jr for grilling. Cleaning the griddle is a bit more of a pain in the ass than I wish but ultimately cost pushed us towards the blaze vs EVO. Next house we'll have the EVO.
aftershock
Take a look at LeGriddle for a griddle. They're sweet.
sanitariex
AG
The Pilot said:

I have a blaze griddle and power burner. I use my BGE and Joe Jr for grilling. Cleaning the griddle is a bit more of a pain in the ass than I wish but ultimately cost pushed us towards the blaze vs EVO. Next house we'll have the EVO.

I did the same as you, would have loved the EVO but price affected my choice as well
texag06ish
AG
The Le Griddle and XL BGE is hard to beat.
Leggo My Elko
AG

Here's a review of a dealer out of Colorado. He's reviews are kind of the gold standard in the industry and the manufactures and distributors are all very aware of what he says. I'd look at what he has to say on whatever you end up buying.
AggieSam02
AG
Honestly Bull is at the bottom of the list.

Blaze, Le Griddle (griddle only), Delta Heat, Firemagic, Twin Eagles, Evo (griddle only), are all brands that are WAY better.

If you're in Houston we have all on display at our retail store. Happy to get you quotes on anything. We are Aggie owned and operated. Current showroom is in Spring but we are opening our second in Katy/Fulshear this summer.

Happy to help regardless.

Creekstone Outdoors
Matt_s
AG
AggieSam02 said:

Honestly Bull is at the bottom of the list.

Blaze, Le Griddle (griddle only), Delta Heat, Firemagic, Twin Eagles, Evo (griddle only), are all brands that are WAY better.

If you're in Houston we have all on display at our retail store. Happy to get you quotes on anything. We are Aggie owned and operated. Current showroom is in Spring but we are opening our second in Katy/Fulshear this summer.

Happy to help regardless.

Creekstone Outdoors

Hey Sam I'm a local rep for Acme Brick, if you get on a project here locally that needs brick, stone etc. I'd love to work with you guys. I know a lot of those kids of jobs need color matches, and I'd be happy to help out. I live out in the Katy area, if there's anything yall need for that new showroom let me know. Contact info in my profile.
zoneag
Thanks Sam, after going down a few rabbit holes I'm seeing that Bull is probably not the way I'll go. That Evo is sexy as hell, but I don't think I'll be able to get my better half to come around on that price.

Unfortunately I'm in exile north of the Red river so would be unable to visit your showroom. Appreciate the info!
AggieSam02
AG
Depending on timing Evo is about to release an outdoor electric option that is slightly less expensive.

I would really look at Le Griddle. Happy to quote for you if you want. I can drop ship them directly to you. Some of their sizes are still back ordered since they just moved mfg to Spring TX from France. They are now 100% American made.

Either way I'm happy to help if you have any questions.
AggieSam02
AG
Sounds good!

Send your contact info to construction @ Creekstone outdoors dot com

Thank you!
kyle field 94
AG
What are your thoughts on the evo vs legriddle vs blackstone built in griddle?

Has anyone seen the black stone built in griddle?
sherminator
kyle field 94 said:

What are your thoughts on the evo vs legriddle vs blackstone built in griddle?

Has anyone seen the black stone built in griddle?

I think you have them listed in order of preference for most.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.