Backyard clovers in Bermuda

1,095 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by B-1 83
Gil Renard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the best way to treat? Thanks
el_scorcho
AG
Leave it be and enjoy a little bit of diversity that used to be desirable.
JSKolache
AG
Pull it up by hand. Ain't no way to reliably treat it, cuz it grows like grass with runners and branches. It may die back when weather heats up but if you want it gone you gotta get dirty.
dudeabides
AG
Take a look at Celsius WG. If the clover is in patches, I would start off by spot spraying with it.

If you decide to use it, just remember that Celsius is ground-active. So, keep it away from the drip-lines of trees, shrubbery, and plants you want to keep.

Cromagnum
AG
2,4-D will kill it but you will still have to pull it up.
Aggietaco
AG
I thought I recall that clover in bermuda is fine to leave as-is. The heat and low mowing will kill it soon enough and the dead clover will supply nitrogen to the soil for your bermuda. I have lots of weeds to worry about, but I never focus on clover.
Gil Renard
AG
Thanks everyone
Courtesy Flush
AG
Cromagnum said:

2,4-D will kill it but you will still have to pull it up.

Curious why it needs to be pulled if it's been killed? I spray 2-4-D to kill clover in my yard and my neighbors but I never considered pulling it after it dies.
B-1 83
AG
Post a picture. Odds are, you have Oxalis and not clover. Either way, spray with "Weed-B-Gone" and be done. If you buy the pre-mix, add some Dawn. Mixing yourself, add some Dawn.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.