Backyard clovers in Bermuda
1,434 Views | 10 Replies
Gil Renard
8:41a, 4/14/24
What's the best way to treat? Thanks
el_scorcho
10:16p, 4/14/24
Leave it be and enjoy a little bit of diversity that used to be desirable.
JSKolache
10:40p, 4/14/24
Pull it up by hand. Ain't no way to reliably treat it, cuz it grows like grass with runners and branches. It may die back when weather heats up but if you want it gone you gotta get dirty.
dudeabides
7:30a, 4/15/24
Take a look at Celsius WG. If the clover is in patches, I would start off by spot spraying with it.

If you decide to use it, just remember that Celsius is ground-active. So, keep it away from the drip-lines of trees, shrubbery, and plants you want to keep.

Cromagnum
7:44a, 4/15/24
2,4-D will kill it but you will still have to pull it up.
Aggietaco
2:49p, 4/17/24
I thought I recall that clover in bermuda is fine to leave as-is. The heat and low mowing will kill it soon enough and the dead clover will supply nitrogen to the soil for your bermuda. I have lots of weeds to worry about, but I never focus on clover.
Gil Renard
3:33p, 4/20/24
Thanks everyone
Courtesy Flush
10:41a, 4/21/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Cromagnum said:

Curious why it needs to be pulled if it's been killed? I spray 2-4-D to kill clover in my yard and my neighbors but I never considered pulling it after it dies.
B-1 83
11:57a, 4/21/24
Post a picture. Odds are, you have Oxalis and not clover. Either way, spray with "Weed-B-Gone" and be done. If you buy the pre-mix, add some Dawn. Mixing yourself, add some Dawn.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Gil Renard
8:32a, 5/6/24
Weed b gone worked awesome. Not perfect but didn't kill grass and Bermuda taking over already
Cromagnum
8:51a, 5/6/24
In reply to Courtesy Flush
Courtesy Flush said:

Cromagnum said:

Curious why it needs to be pulled if it's been killed? I spray 2-4-D to kill clover in my yard and my neighbors but I never considered pulling it after it dies.

If it's like the clover I have, it still leaves burrs behind.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings