Air Purifiers

621 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, looking for y'alls recommendation on Air Purifier?
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
cena05
AG
I have a Mila and a regular Coway. The Mila is probably overkill as it has wifi, an app, etc. but works great.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Have had a Levoit Core 300, has worked fine for years
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Whole home or stand alone?

If you want HEPA, make sure you get a unit that uses MERV 17/H13 or higher filtration. Most of the purifiers on the market, even those advertising as HEPA, are not HEPA.

We have 4 stand alone units in the house. Two Oransi EJ120s and two Medify 114s.

Oransi used to make some solid units (Erik and Erik Junior), built in the US. They were used by Texas A&M, NASA and others during COVID. Since COVID, they have offshored to China to keep up with increased demand. But I would still take a look at them.

Medify 114 moves a ton of air volume (CADR). They have smaller units depending on the space you are going for.

The trouble with stand alone units is that it will only cycle the air in the room/space. Unlike a whole home unit, it is not going to cycle air throughout the home.

ETA- IQAir is not one we own, but has top marks.

The trouble with all of these machines is the filters. The manufacturers price gouge on replacement filters, which depending on the model you buy and how often you run the machine, could be multiple times a year. You can buy from a knockoff brand for the most part, but then how do you trust that you are getting the filtration level that you are paying for?
maroon10
AG
Just bought one for our master bedroom. Like it so far.

Levoit Core 300S Smart Air Purifier 1
txcincinnatus
AG
Rabbit Air
10andBOUNCE
AG
My wife settled on Air Doctors after copious research
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.