window replacement

1,027 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Waltrip88
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our house is 35 years old, brick single story. The windows are original single pane, aluminum construction. 14 total. Central Texas.

We are getting bids for replacing them. The first was today. Figured to get the Cadillac out of the way first with Anderson. Yeah as expected it's the price of a Cadillac.

Is there any reason not to go with vinyl?
91AggieLawyer
AG
We replaced all our windows with this brand and are happy with them:

NT Windows
Sponge
AG
I had a bad experience with Andersen. With my next project went with Pella. Much cheaper, better (Andersen lied about u factor), and more competent.
BiggiesLX
How are window frames replaced on masonry homes? Is there access for removal from the inside or do they have to cut from the outside?
gabehcoud
Window World. Nobody else came close in price.
rilloaggie
AG
Very happy with window world at my house. I'm sure the higher price point windows are better, but going from single pane aluminum to vinyl was a major upgrade even with "cheap" windows.
chick79
AG
We did NT Windows and doors about six years ago. Very pleased with the quality and price.
Chase
AG
chick79 said:

We did NT Windows and doors about six years ago. Very pleased with the quality and price.

What kind of price point are we talking with NT Windows?
chick79
AG
This would be 2017 prices. 24 windows and four doors. All in was right at $20,000.
Chase
AG
chick79 said:

This would be 2017 prices. 24 windows and four doors. All in was right at $20,000.

Gotcha. So now its probably $89,995.
Waltrip88
AG
I used AWP windows for my remodel. (281) 487-6333
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.