Restaurant Recommendations

2,107 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by rwtxag83
tlh3842
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in San Antonio for a few days and looking for restaurant recommendations. Staying near the airport if that makes a difference, but willing to drive a bit as well.

Open to breakfast/brunch, regular lunch or dinner, and nice dinner spots as well. Done some Google maps searching, but wondering if there's anything else we don't want to miss.
TX_Hunter
AG
Near the airport: Sol Luna would be my choice
poolct00
AG
So Luna is great

Zitos for lunch. The "serious" sandwich is incredible
AG
Near airport:

Breakfast or Lunch: Max and Louie's (Jewish Diner), their breakfast is amazing:

https://instagr.am/p/CyovLMWMERy

Lunch/Dinner: El Bucanero if you want to experience some real SA:

https://instagr.am/p/CN5-E-vM-4y

BurnetAggie99
Reece Bros
Reload8098
AG
Eddie Vs has a great bar and food.
TX AG 88
AG
not sure where you're from. Pappas restaurants are all good, and there's a Pappadeaux's near the airport, if you don't have that handy at home. Also would recommend La Fogata on Vance Jackson or El Mirasol at Blanco and 1604, neither is a long trek.

I agree El Buccanero is unique and nearly iconic by now, I just never really had it grab me.
SA_Ag93
AG
BBQ Station is solid for lunch - Loop 410/Harry Wurzbach
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
My favorite nice dinner spots are The Magpie and Clementine as a close second, make sure to get reservations for either.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MookieBlaylock
AG
poolct00 said:

So Luna is great

Zitos for lunch. The "serious" sandwich is incredible

zitos- they store their bread next to the toilets- one of the nastiest restraunts i have ever been in
jgh85Ag
AG
TX AG 88 said:

not sure where you're from. Pappas restaurants are all good, and there's a Pappadeaux's near the airport, if you don't have that handy at home. Also would recommend La Fogata on Vance Jackson or El Mirasol at Blanco and 1604, neither is a long trek.

I agree El Buccanero is unique and nearly iconic by now, I just never really had it grab me.

Stick to their ceviche. It is very good. Their tex mex is 3rd rate.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Goodnight Irene
AG
Magnolia pancake haus for breakfast
Cappys in Alamo heights
Piattis in the quarry
Picnickens at blanco and 410
If you want Tex Mex just pull in to the parking lot of any hole in the wall that has a lot of work trucks
inozips
AG
Many good suggestions here. Another is Benjis Munch on Bitters
bam02
AG
Guajillo's for more authentic Mexican. Blanco/410.
AgCat93
AG
Goodnight Irene said:

If you want Tex Mex just pull in to the parking lot of any hole in the wall that has a lot of work trucks

Fidelo's on Nacogdoches just south of the Parkway. The place is packed from open to close.
rwtxag83
AG
Mama's Restaurant on Nacogdoches a block North of 410.

La Panaderia on Broadway. Great breakfast or lunch, and quite possibly the best pastries you ever had.

Formosa Garden Chinese on 41o between Nacogdoches and Broadway. Old school favorite. If I lived closer, I'd go hear more often.
Greater love hath no man than this....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.