Fence Costs???

1,733 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by austinrb10
austinrb10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at replacing 100' linear chain link fence for a typical 6ft cedar fence with a 2x6 rot board. Galvanized posts. I'm sticker shocked and wondering if this is the norm or if I need to look elsewhere. $9800

Chainlink and No climb
fence approx.100'LF

Install- approx.100'LF of
1x6x6 western red cedar
privacy, 2x6 wrought
board mow strip, 2x4x8
Pressure Treated Rails, 2
3/8 Galvanized
Post/brackets, 80lb
Concrete, Galvanized
Nails and lag scre
BlackLab
AG
$98 a linear foot for a cedar fence seems way off but it sounds like it includes labor for removing old fence ?
austinrb10
AG
It does include removing the old chain link and haul away. But, like you said, the $98 is nuts to me, including the take down
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Was recently quoted $35/lf for a nice 6' cedar fence with a cap, trim, and kick board. But thats for like 3,500 lf for a master planned community.

I'm thinking you can get it in the $50/lf ballpark. That's a big price my friend.
f2foxes2001
AG
Call Jandy Group. They are fair and do great work.
Leggo My Elko
AG
I would think $50 to $65 a LF sounds reasonable, but it's been awhile since I've done anything fencing related. $98 sounds crazy. You must be dealing with a company and not "the guy". You need a quote from "the guy".
austinrb10
AG
I ended up getting 253" at 6ft horizontal with top rail and rot board, and screws Vs nails for $39 per linear foot. All cedar minus the rot board. This included concrete, jack hammering, and tear down of d chain link.

The guy that quoted me the 98 acted as if what I ended up with was impossible and that I was lying about my final price.
Halconblack
AG
Contractors got out of control during Covid boom. Lots of subs stepped out on their own and lots of people became "GCs." It has been a difficult few years to find "value." Your first bidder seems like one of the guys that was used to getting 25-35% for selling the project.
v/r
frankm01
austinrb10 said:

I ended up getting 253" at 6ft horizontal with top rail and rot board, and screws Vs nails for $39 per linear foot. All cedar minus the rot board. This included concrete, jack hammering, and tear down of d chain link.

The guy that quoted me the 98 acted as if what I ended up with was impossible and that I was lying about my final price.
Can you recommend these guys? Anyone else have good recs on fence builders in SA?

Thanks.
austinrb10
AG
I think I sent you a PM, but just in case:

David Cairnes (830) 273-4025

His crew consists of 2 old white guys pushing 60 that used to be cabinet makers and a 22 yo kid that works this job full time and then another at night until 12am. They are slow but very OCD. David is a veteran and wants the fence perfect.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.