Opposition to Creek Bend Apartments at 281 North and Borgfeld Dr

2,231 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Ag Natural
SemperFiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Petition of Opposition to Creek Bend Apartments at 281 North and Borgfeld Dr

Hello Ags! Class of '99. That's me, Mason Brand, in the News 4 video.

Please consider signing the petition I started to oppose the Creek Bend apartments slated to be built at 281 North and Borgfeld Dr.

This is going to cause an insane traffic nightmare at 281 North and Borgfeld Drive, as well as further exacerbate the already over capacity Pieper Ranch Middle School and Pieper High School with enrollment numbers.

ADMINS: if this needs to be moved to the politics forum, please politely reply stating so, and I'll repost it there. Applies to San Antonio obviously.
SemperFiAg
SemperFiAg
Hopefully works this time. I'll admit I don't post to TexAgs very often. News 4 news story
LCE
AG
Looks like Affordable Housing is on the way. Don't think the complex has to kick any taxes towards the school system also.
SemperFiAg
SemperFiAg
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1159434751723779 I've created a Facebook page.
MookieBlaylock
AG
good luck- and tell Courage he is a POS if you see him
LCE
AG
Just be honest and say you do t want Section 8 housing in your area.
Four Seasons Landscaping
That's where the government just spent hundreds of millions of dollars on infrastructure improvement for 281, right?

And now you want them to stop development?

What do you feel is the difference between your stance and the uber-libs in Portland, San Fransico, and other urban areas that have made the cost of living prohibitively expensive by blocking high-density housing?
rwtxag83
AG
LCE said:

Looks like Affordable Housing is on the way. Don't think the complex has to kick any taxes towards the school system also.
Seriously? How is that possible? Parents send their kids to a school and don't have to pay taxes to support it?
Greater love hath no man than this....
AG
As long as is meets the zoning standards of the land its on its going to happen. Whining that its going to cause traffic or overcrowd schools is not only useless but dumb. If you don't like it move further out of the city where there is not market for this type of housing.
loveaTm
AG
No one wants section 8 housing in their neighborhood - not because of some aversion to people in need but because historically it brings the value of their property down. Additionally it is wasteful spending of tax dollars since that is some fricking expensive real estate
for subsidized housing. We could provide those in need better, e.g., more square feet per dollar in other zip codes but the point since Obama has been to be sure equity is achieved. Not by helping people who are in need make their own neighborhoods better, but by making better neighborhoods worse with "affordable housing" in more affluent zip codes. It doesn't make the people who live there more affluent, that I know of. But maybe there's data to the contrary. Equity rarely seems to make things good for all, instead it achieves making it crappy for most.
AG
Ok, didn't realize it was low income housing, I see why people don't want it now, but as others have commented on this thread, don't paint it as a traffic and schools issue when in reality you just don't want low income housing near you.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Low income housing is definitely a school issue.
IceAg22
AG
Moved out to Kinder Ranch 2.5 years ago as we start a young family. As we approach elementary with our first, I will likely be sending her to private school. Maybe a charter school if we find one that makes sense. My wife is an attorney specializing in school law. No matter how good you think the conservative school districts are, the federal government is coming for your kids with their Title 9 BS. Go look up the regulations they passed down last week. The federal low income housing in the area is just the cherry on top.
AgsMyDude
AG
We're in Timberwood and have been here about a decade. Things have been changing very rapidly.

Where can I find the items they passed recently you are describing?
NastyNate
I live nearby and send my kids to private school. If my wife and I hadn't always planned to send them to private school, I certainly would now. It's too bad too…Kinder Ranch is perfect if you want to send your kids to school K-12 and have all 3 schools be within a half mile or so.
CheladaAg
AG
My kids go to each of the schools in the community and all are already crowded. The student to teacher ratios at the high school is already on the very high end and the school has been opened for TWO years. They are still absorbing the new low income housing apartments that went up recently off the adjacent street (Overlook pkwy). Speaking of which, the established neighborhoods on that street are already experiencing higher crime and vandalism prior to those going up. Coincidence?
Ag Natural
AG
So why not form a petition to increase funding to the schools? A lack of housing is the reason our home prices and taxes are spiraling out of control.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.