NATO Steadfast Defender 24 Exercise.

880 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by clarythedrill
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting stuff on a huge NATO exercise from January to May 2024. Over 90,000 troops from all 31 NATO Allies and Invitee Sweden will participate.

The first part of the exercise focuses on securing the Atlantic up to the Arctic; the second part focuses on moving troops across Europe, from the High North to Central and Eastern Europe. I don't know if the concept of the exercise will go beyond deployment and movement of forces.

If NATO goes to war with Russia, US V Corps in Poland will stand up an Armor and Infantry Division. There are probably thousands of vehicles prepositioned in that country for that purpose.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I participated in Combined Resolve III in 2014 with 1CAV DIV

Simultaneously there was other US military units doing all sorts of movements and training missions across Europe meant to deter Russian aggression.
clarythedrill
Sounds like we need to dust off the old REFORGER play books if they are wanting to be able to stand up two divisions. Those dudes and dudettes have to come from somewhere and getting more equipment into Europe will take some doing.
Tanker123
clarythedrill said:

Sounds like we need to dust off the old REFORGER play books if they are wanting to be able to stand up two divisions. Those dudes and dudettes have to come from somewhere and getting more equipment into Europe will take some doing.

The US Army has been flooding ports around Europe and railing vehicles the last two years. Brigades are rotating to Poland which will test logistics.

Aggie Therapist
AG
Since 2014. After I left 1CAV, they were doing a 9 month rotation to Poland in 2017.

2CR does convoys all over Europe
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'll be flying in the May portion of this one. My squadron played in the 2022 version as well.
Aggie Therapist
AG
It wouldn't hurt to open the rear door and air drop some rip its for the ground troops every now and then
clarythedrill
Aggie Therapist said:

It wouldn't hurt to open the rear door and air drop some rip its for the ground troops every now and then
Tigers or Wild Tigers or GTFO!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.