Anyone here currently stationed at Ft Cavazos?

1,801 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Tanker123
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I encountered someone who is allegedly stationed there and some of their stories were a bit on the, well, unbelievable side, and I'm guessing they are pretty well-known (or known of) at Ft Cavazos, so I'm curious to get some outside perspective.
OldArmyCT
AG
You might post a story so we know what to address. As far as comparing one post to another, they're all the same during work hours (which sometimes are 24 hours a day) but the work you do generally depends on your job.
Ryan the Temp
AG
It was all over the place so I don't really know where to start, but one of the fun claims was that she has a post-wide nickname of, "She who is not to be f'ed with" and if you were to believe her, she's apparently the biggest badass to ever grace the ranks of the US Army. Two of my favorite tidbits were how she told a 2-star to tell someone who outranked her to F off, and killed an attacking bear at point blank range with a .45 ACP.

I constantly resisted the urge to say, "I'll take things that didn't happen for $1000, Alex"
Aggie Therapist
AG
I was stationed at Fort Hood twice. And it was my last active duty post. I live in RR and still have senior enlisted/Officer connections there.

Where did you meet this person? What is their rank? How long have they been in? Are they a Veteran.

Regardless, I had a soldier we chaptered out because he was a terrible Soldier to say the least. He told his girlfriend that my unit lost the paperwork for for his Purple Heart…..dude was a private in the army for like 2 years with no deployments.

What I'm trying to say is people are so full of *****
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

killed an attacking bear at point blank range with a .45 ACP.

Bears are a big problem at Fort Hood. They've been on a rampage, ever since that female E-2 broke into their house and ate their porridge.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

What I'm trying to say is people are so full of *****

Was at a meeting once where a guy recounted his exploits in Iraq that got him nominated for a MoH.

Seemed fantastic to me, but there was a retired Army BG and a retired Navy CPO there who invited the guy and were lapping it up.

Of course, his story should have begun "Once upon a time..."
chick79
AG
My son is a Major currently at Ft Cavazos. I'll show him this thread.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Where did you meet this person? What is their rank? How long have they been in? Are they a Veteran.
Not going to share that info here.
Quote:

What is their rank?
Don't know, but probably SFC or SSG based on what I could tell.
Quote:

How long have they been in?
Since 2012, still active duty.
Ryan the Temp
AG
chick79 said:

My son is a Major currently at Ft Cavazos. I'll show him this thread.
If your son is knowledgeable of certain policies that went into effect in the last few years that allowed certain individuals to remain in the Armed Forces, it might be relevant.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Not going to share that info here.
Quote:

What is their rank?
Don't know, but probably SFC or SSG based on what I could tell.
Quote:

How long have they been in?
Since 2012, still active duty.

Patient shows Grandiose thinking and narcissistic personality disorder.

She will be a real treat as a Veteran.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

She didn't shut up for more than 60 seconds for about 8 hours solid. I simply do not comprehend how any person could talk that much.
CT'97
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

She didn't shut up for more than 60 seconds for about 8 hours solid. I simply do not comprehend how any person could talk that much.
That is someone that's missing something in their life and trying to fill it. They just can't relax and are always trying to make up for something by constantly talking and usually making themselves sound more important than they really are. (my uneducated opinion)
JABQ04
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

Do you have kids?
Dirk Diggler
AG
I am here now and can likely help confirm some information.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Dirk Diggler said:

I am here now and can likely help confirm some information.
nm.
Aggie Therapist
AG
lol you went from not wanting to disclose any info here to calling out their sexual identity and job?

Interesting
Ryan the Temp
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

lol you went from not wanting to disclose any info here to calling out their sexual identity and job?

Interesting
I didn't want to disclose where I met them. ETA: comment deleted.
I Am A Critic
The only thing worse than stolen valor are the dorks that think they have to do something about it.
Username checks out.
BiggiesLX
Don Shipley from YouTube would disagree. People dont lie about serving in a basement counting bullets so they claim to have been special forces and receive benefits or notoriety from the misinformed. Even vets are guilty of this and its pretty sad.
Tanker123
She is full of crap. There is no such thing as a SSG or SFC of Ft Cavazos or the Army. lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.