Forgive me for indulging myself and posting this here. Garbo wasn't an Ag, but he was a great guy and had many Ags as friends.

He had kidney disease and was on dialysis for the last few years. He finally got a kidney implanted on 2 March. On 21 Mar, his wife dropped him off at dialysis and he kissed her goodbye, saying "wish me luck, hopefully this is my last time." Within 5 minutes of her dropping him off, EMS arrived at the facility in response to the 911 call from the receptionist. He had not felt well, sat down and passed out. They never found a pulse, nor were able to restore one. The last 3 weeks of his life were full of hope and optimism, and I'm so glad he had that gift, even though it was not to last.

He was a true patriot and a great friend. He was a helicopter and fixed-wing pilot. I knew him in his last assignment and emcee'd at his retirement ceremony on Lackland AFB. After retiring, he worked as a civilian in the same office, never acting for a second like he knew what everyone ought to be doing, just because he used to be in charge of the place. He traveled extensively on behalf of the country, to nice places like Germany and Hawaii and to not-so-nice/safe places like Djibouti, Kuwait, and Israel. (Not meaning to disparage Israel, I'm told it's nice, but there's always the threat if some sort if attack)

I'm simultaneously devastated to have lost my friend, and also thankful that I was privileged to have his friendship for as long as I did.

https://www.schertzfuneralhome.com/obituaries/carl-garbelotti