Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best drop in pellet grill for outdoor kitchen?

1,784 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by The Silverback
09Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im designing an outdoor kitchen and would like to put in a nice built in pellet smoker, but it doesn't like there are many options for built in smokers. In searching through old threads it seems like the Recteq 1070 was the most popular option, but it was recently discontinued. The new built in RT is quite a bit more expensive (which is fine if it's worth it) but I can't find any reviews on it. Are there any good options for this besides Recteq?
txaggie05
AG
Can always go the shelf route. Put a griddle where the "grill" would go and then built this off of that.

NColoradoAG
When I have the opportunity to build an outdoor kitchen I'm planning to go with a Pitts and Spitts. Feel like they look way better than Yoders.

https://pittsandspitts.com/outdoor-kitchens/
IceAg22
AG
rlb28
AG
Don't know anything about it...
The Home Depot

Absolute
AG
Advise staying far away from the Recteq 1070. I bought one a couple years ago with the stand and plan to eventually use it in a counter. In 6 months or less it started acting up - no power. Eventually figured out that it was burning through the power cord inside the cabinet. They were very good about CS. They sent me the replacement part twice. Until I figured out it was a design flaw and took images of how hot the area with the wire was getting with my IR camera.

I then asked Recteq to replace the unit with a different model. They eventually agreed to take it back and give me a full credit toward another model. Replaced with the 1250. It has been flawless.
09Ag
AG
Ya I've been reading about the 1070 and it sounds like it was discontinued due to many different design flaws. The built in successor to the 1070 is brand new and 3x more expensive so I think I'm going to stay away from RT.
ktownag08
AG
Yoder
reddog90
AG
Lone Star Grillz makes a pellet grill based on their 20" offset and offers a built in version.
09Ag
AG
Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find it on their website.
f burg ag
AG
All thing BBQ (www.atbbq.com) has drop in Yoders for an outdoor kitchen. I just ordered a 480s for my kitchen remodel.
reddog90
AG
You just select the built in option on one of the pellet smoker pages.
fieldtrailer
AG
Sunstone hybrid grill. Uses charcoal and/or wood. You start it with natural gas or propane for convenience. Pellet grills just don't have the best smoke flavor. They just are not known for it. The other thing is it's stainless. Costs more but no worries about rust/corrosion. You probably will have to clean the exterior.

30" or 42". Some (not many) YouTube vids.

The Silverback
AG
I own the Coyote built in and its awesome.....Digital panel and can get hot enoough to sear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.