Problem with my desktop looking at TexAgs

1,243 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Science Denier
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure this is an easy fix. This is what my screen looks like when loading TexAgs. I've tried
1. Turning off and on
2. Deleting browsing history

That's about all my old ass knows ar this point.
LOL OLD
gman4455
Staff
AG
When clearing your browser history, did you also have the "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" boxes checked?
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

When clearing your browser history, did you also have the "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" boxes checked?

Yes

LOL OLD
gman4455
Staff
AG
What browser is this?
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

What browser is this?
microsoft edge

Been working for several years. Until now.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

What browser is this?

By the way, I downloaded Chrome and it's doing the same thing.

Maybe time to trash my laptop?
LOL OLD
gman4455
Staff
AG
Science Denier said:

gman4455 said:

What browser is this?
microsoft edge

Are you sure this is Edge? This dialog looks like it's from Internet Explorer, which is a browser we longer support.
chasekub
AG
I'm having a similar issue on my work computer. It's been fine in the past, but late last week I started having this problem. I tried Edge as well and it was the same thing. I cleared my history/cookies/cache on both browsers.
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

Science Denier said:

gman4455 said:

What browser is this?
microsoft edge

Are you sure this is Edge? This dialog looks like it's from Internet Explorer, which is a browser we longer support.

It says it's Edge. I also used Chrome with the same result.
LOL OLD
gman4455
Staff
AG
Does your work network block certain content? We recently changed a domain that some content is hosted on, at about the same time you said the issue started happening. This is the same issue that Science Denier has.
chasekub
AG
Yeah that seems to be the problem. I connected to a different network temporarily and the issue went away. I'm guessing there's no realistic fix for this then as long as I'm on my work network?
gman4455
Staff
AG
Can y'all both try again? I've updated some back-end configuration, might help
chasekub
AG
Unfortunately it's still messed up for me. I tried clearing history/cookies/cache again as well, but that didn't seem to help either.
jamesf
AG
I am having the same issue. I just got a brand new work computer, and Texags looks exactly like this. It worked fine on my old work computer. The IT guy said something about loading new security items onto the new laptop, so maybe it is something to do with that? It is the same thing on Chrome and Edge browsers.
Rudyjax
AG
Same issue here too on my work computer.
HtownAg92
AG
Me too. Mine crapped the bed yesterday afternoon. Surely everyone's workplaces didn't coincidentally make network changes at the same time.
m4bach
AG
Also having the same issue on work comp. Was fine when I left the office around 330 yesterday
Rudyjax
AG
This is a problem. I can be on a webcam call and read texags in my computer but I cannot read texags on my phone while on a call.

Please fix asap.
JimmyHouston
AG
Doesn't work on Chrome again today
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

I tried again today and it is now working like it always has. Maybe your fix didn't work for everyone but it worked for me.
LOL OLD
CheeseSndwch
Same problem on my work desktop, started yesterday afternoon.
JimmyHouston
AG
Working regularly now!
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

Well, it just reverted back to the screen in my OP. Had been working most of today.
LOL OLD
gman4455
Staff
AG
Sorry guys, we're still trying to get to the bottom of this. We've had to change some of the configuration for our content providers, which seems to be causing the issue.

Science Denier, I just made some temporary changes knowing it would probably break again for you, in the hopes of narrowing down the issue. Wanted to see if the issue resolves for the others in this thread
gman4455
Staff
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Surely everyone's workplaces didn't coincidentally make network changes at the same time.
I agree with this, but it is also interesting that this issue seems to only affect work networks, as far as I've seen.

It is definitely something we changed, but the root issue is likely more complex
HtownAg92
AG
gman4455 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Surely everyone's workplaces didn't coincidentally make network changes at the same time.
I agree with this, but it is also interesting that this issue seems to only affect work networks, as far as I've seen.

It is definitely something we changed, but the root issue is likely more complex
Mine came back about an hour ago.
CheeseSndwch
Mine's back.
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

Sorry guys, we're still trying to get to the bottom of this. We've had to change some of the configuration for our content providers, which seems to be causing the issue.

Science Denier, I just made some temporary changes knowing it would probably break again for you, in the hopes of narrowing down the issue. Wanted to see if the issue resolves for the others in this thread

Yea. No worries.
LOL OLD
Rudyjax
AG
Mine's back!

Thank you!!!
chasekub
AG
It's back up for me! Thanks for fixing this!
gman4455
Staff
AG
Should be working again for you now
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

Ok. Thanks. Didn't work earlier but I will check again when I get back to my desk.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
gman4455 said:

OK. It's working now.

Thanks!!
LOL OLD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.