Morris Hodges

4,813 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by UnderoosAg
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe he deserves his own thread after once again proving what an incompetent blue he is.

May be the worst in the SEC.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
This whole crew is full of the worst of the worst!

He was his usual incompetent and biased self last night
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

This whole crew is full of the worst of the worst!

He was his usual incompetent and biased self last night
And all this time I thought it could be my fault due to my somewhat feisty Irish SE Texas disposition and the booze, but last night I realized just how horrible he is. TV does not lie. He was bad.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CapCityAg89
AG
My impression was that he gets in his head that "this guy is pitching well' and then everything is a strike.

We are not good breaking ball hitters. I get it But nobody could hit some of the crap he was calling a strike.
ensign_beedrill
AG

Ole Miss at Texas A&M
May 21, 2016
Tanya 93
Even the usher last night, who has been really cool, told me he is terrible
trouble
AG
Today you should yell at him that Eddie says howdy
Tanya 93
trouble said:

Done
you know I have no problems doing that. The usher lets me sit where ever I want, so I can get close enough there is no way he cannot hear my voice
Ag 11
AG
Last night's strike zone
trouble
AG
Tanya 93 said:

trouble said:

Done
you know I have no problems doing that. The usher lets me sit where ever I want, so I can get close enough there is no way he cannot hear my voice

He'll be at 3rd base
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

He loves me!

He and that Maceus(?sp)guy are the worst.
Tanya 93
trouble said:

Tanya 93 said:

trouble said:

Done

He'll be at 3rd base
Will head down there during the first or second. They literally only care about masks. You can sit wherever or visit wherever you want. If i get a response, I will let derm know
dermdoc
AG
My favorite Hodges story was one time we were playing LSU whose pitcher used an illegal stutter step on every pitch. Picked Krey Bratsen off first with a stutter step towards home and then a throw to first.

I kept yelling he was balking so Hodges comes over to chat with me. He basically said I knew nothing and that was not a balk but his "natural move".

I asked him if he could get away with that in MLB and he got pissed.

Kept yelling and he grabbed his ass and stared me down.

Good times.
dermdoc
AG
Also had a screen shot where Morris called Gideon out at second and the photo showed Ronnie clearly on second and the ball about five feet from the fielder's glove. Showed it to my buddy Rick, the umpire supervisor, who used to sit behind home plate and we would talk.

Evidently he told me the umos got ticked and I have not seen Rick at his normal place for a couple of seasons.

Hope he did not get fired.

He told me they talked about me in the pregame ump meetings which to me is so petty. I never cuss and these guys should not be that thin skinned.

Oh well.

BTHO Mizzou!
Tanya 93
dermdoc said:

My favorite Hodges story was one time we were playing LSU whose pitcher used an illegal stutter step on every pitch. Picked Krey Bratsen off first with a stutter step towards home and then a throw to first.

I kept yelling he was balking so Hodges comes over to chat with me. He basically said I knew nothing and that was not a balk but his "natural move".

I asked him if he could get away with that in MLB and he got pissed.

Kept yelling and he grabbed his ass and stared me down.

Good times.
That can be useful

"Hey honey, I heard from Eddie at Olsen that you don't know what a balk is. Is that true? My cats probably know from me yelling at the screens."
dermdoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

trouble said:

Tanya 93 said:

trouble said:

Done

He'll be at 3rd base
Will head down there during the first or second. They literally only care about masks. You can sit wherever or visit wherever you want. If i get a response, I will let derm know
Aggie12B
AG
if i posted my true feelings about Hodges, I would get a trip to banned-camp
aeon-ag
dermdoc said:

I believe he deserves his own thread after once again proving what an incompetent blue he is.

When A&M was in the SWC the refs were the worst, also the Big 12, now the SEC, Let's face it, blame the ref is the name of the blame game!!!!
Tanya 93
aeon-ag said:

dermdoc said:

When A&M was in the SWC the refs were the worst, also the Big 12, now the SEC, Let's face it, blame the ref is the name of the blame game!!!!
There have been many awesome umpires.

Problem is, that often seems like it is few and far between

I wish I could remember his name, I think he was an umpire during regionals one year and was a staple at Olsen. He was this AA ump that had the best strike three moves.

Umps should be known for how good they are and how great the moves are.
Not the fact they suck more than the 2000 baseball season for the Ags.
dermdoc
AG
aeon-ag said:

dermdoc said:

Wrong
src94
AG
He did the Hemulca hop
src94
washedupballer
AG
Good bump?
dermdoc
AG
Hodges called a consistent game yesterday.
trouble
AG
He even tolerated a bunch of bull**** from state without getting hot and bothered.
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

He even tolerated a bunch of bull**** from state without getting hot and bothered.
Yep and he was even smiling some.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Not if you believe Ben McDonald. He's making stuff up again, and he wasn't even there!

trouble
AG
Oh FFS
Sean98
AG
I mean, but he did actually do that
trouble
AG
But he didn't. Any contact looked incidental. He was walking towards the umpire exit/dressing room. Had Hines just walked to the dugout, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

I cannot believe there is a situation with Morris Hodges and I'm on his side. What kind of bizarro world did I wake up in?
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

But he didn't. Any contact looked incidental. He was walking towards the umpire exit/dressing room. Had Hines just walked to the dugout, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

I cannot believe there is a situation with Morris Hodges and I'm on his side. What kind of bizarro world did I wake up in?
Agree. Hines was being a turd all weekend.
trouble
AG
Several of them were real chirpy
Luke The Drifter
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Not if you believe Ben McDonald. He's making stuff up again, and he wasn't even there!

My gosh, does Ben McDonald lie about EVERYTHING??? I still can't believe the TexAgs staff did a front page feature on him a few years ago. That dude just constantly makes up crap and passes it off as written-in-stone truth.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
trouble
AG
Also, there is no damn way he doesn't know who Morris is or how to find out.
Sean98
AG
Hines WAS being a terd but blue definitely bumped him. There's a little euro step to the right so he can bump him.
drthoop
AG
People are making something out of nothing. There was incidental contact. Hines should have just gone to the dugout instead of chirping like he and several others did all day. I sit just to the left of the plate and have a very good view.
And If I'm taking up for Morris, you have to know it was nothing. I thought he called a really good game.

And Ben can go do whatever Ben does. He's grandstanding again.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.