11 runs
4,410 Views | 43 Replies
The Marksman
10:16p, 4/27/24
That's the total combined number of runs we have lost 6 games by. We are in every single game we play, and no lead is safe when you are playing us.
trouble
10:19p, 4/27/24
In reply to The Marksman
That's why it hurts so much when we lose.
VegasAg86
10:24p, 4/27/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Losing regular season games doesn't hurt when you win the series. We're in great position and trending very well. Losses in June hurt.
The Marksman
10:26p, 4/27/24
In reply to VegasAg86
VegasAg86 said:

trouble said:

Losing regular season games doesn't hurt when you win the series. We're in great position and trending very well. Losses in June hurt.
I think she means emotionally speaking, not in terms of the rankings and a national seed and all that.
VegasAg86
10:27p, 4/27/24
In reply to The Marksman
The Marksman said:

VegasAg86 said:

trouble said:

I think she means emotionally speaking, not in terms of the rankings and a national seed and all that.

So do I. I'm still smiling about today.
trouble
10:28p, 4/27/24
In reply to VegasAg86
Losses in June break my heart.
threeanout
10:28p, 4/27/24
I hate losing. I am remined of what Vince Lombardi once said, "Show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser".

But right now, it doesn't bother me. Losing the nightcap tonight doesn't bother me. Keep playing good fundamental baseball. Keep improving each and every game. I think this team has done that.

The 1989 team that was on the field today was maybe one of the best college teams ever....yet they didn't make it to Omaha. Being the best team at the end of the regular season means nothing.

Mr.Ackar07
10:30p, 4/27/24
What I think is more frustrating is that the Aggies are 0-6 in games in which they trail by at least a run after 9 innings.
trouble
10:30p, 4/27/24
In reply to VegasAg86
I'm still over the moon about the early game but I've got 2 littles that I'm still teaching about taking a loss well and such.

It's harder when the games are so dang close.
twk
10:31p, 4/27/24
It's hard to sustain peak performance for long. We played our best against Vandy, and have been just a notch below that since. Still a very good level of play, but the team that wins at Omaha is usuallly the one that manages to play their best ball at just the right time. It's rare that pure talent wins out.
VegasAg86
10:36p, 4/27/24
In reply to twk
twk said:

It's hard to sustain peak performance for long. We played our best against Vandy, and have been just a notch below that since. Still a very good level of play, but the team that wins at Omaha is usuallly the one that manages to play their best ball at just the right time. It's rare that pure talent wins out.

Agreed. I don't want to be that hot right now. I want to be that hot in June.
VegasAg86
10:38p, 4/27/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Losses in June break my heart.

I've had trouble sleeping after some of our June losses.
trouble
10:39p, 4/27/24
In reply to VegasAg86
There was much sadness over here in June '22. Pretty sure they both slept in our bed that night.

Then they rallied and were super happy to welcome the team home.
Wabs
10:44p, 4/27/24
I feel like I did in 2016 at this point in the season. Just praying I don't get kicked squarely in the nut sack again. That really hurt man.
VegasAg86
10:46p, 4/27/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

There was much sadness over here in June '22. Pretty sure they both slept in our bed that night.

'22 wasn't bad for me. '15 and '16 were soul crushers.
trouble
10:49p, 4/27/24
In reply to VegasAg86
'16 definitely broke my heart

'22 was the first season both the littles were interested in baseball. Much harder on them.
EVA3
11:05p, 4/27/24
1989 was soul crushing beyond any of the others.
trouble
11:07p, 4/27/24
In reply to EVA3
I'm too young for that one. Barely
Sea Pony 07
11:19p, 4/27/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

I'll admit I cried over the end of 2022.
Sea Pony 07
11:20p, 4/27/24
In reply to EVA3
EVA3 said:

1989 was soul crushing beyond any of the others.

I was 4.
trouble
11:51p, 4/27/24
In reply to Sea Pony 07
Hush

I was 14
porchdawg
12:54a, 4/28/24
In reply to trouble
I was a senior.. it WAS soul crushing. Hearing, seeing or even thinking about Ben MacDonald still gives me PTSD
dixichkn
5:16a, 4/28/24
89 might have been the biggest kick in the huevos of any A&M sport. Ever. That team was unstoppable

That was the birth of my BAS right there
Luke The Drifter
6:42a, 4/28/24
In reply to Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07 said:

What I think is more frustrating is that the Aggies are 0-6 in games in which they trail by at least a run after 9 innings.

I was told there would be no math.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Randy Rhodes
7:40a, 4/28/24
In reply to VegasAg86
VegasAg86 said:

trouble said:

I agree, I'm happy winning this series
dcg4403
8:20a, 4/28/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Baseball fans? I assume a good percentage of you are fairly new to Aggie baseball. I have been a very committed fan since the 90s.

Some words of advice to consider and same advice others have noted.

In the SEC, if you win the series, this is a COMPLETE WIN! It is EXACTLY what Schloss wants as an outcome.

Is Schloss asking or demanding for sweeps in SEC series? Absolutely NOT.

Sweeping a series is ONLY icing in the cake. That is it. It has ZERO bearing on the success of this team moving forward.

I come into these series wanting them to win the 1st two games. Close out the series quickly. And watch Game 3 as a stress free game with only upside. I never get upset if they lose 1 out of 3 as that's just idiotic and naive fanaticism.

Quit complaining about a lost game out of a 3 game series.

Guess what? You do that all season, what is the result? A NATIONAL TITLE.

Save your emotional energy and quit asking for unreasonable outcomes. This might be the most talented SEC season across all teams in history, period. And A&M is dominating. Smiles and only smiles. Great job Aggie baseball!! Amazing in reality.
The Marksman
8:27a, 4/28/24
In reply to dcg4403
dcg4403 said:

trouble said:

Baseball fans? I assume a good percentage of you are fairly new to Aggie baseball. I have been a very committed fan since the 90s.

In the SEC, if you win the series, this is a COMPLETE WIN! It is EXACTLY what Schloss wants as an outcome.

Sweeping a series is ONLY icing in the cake. That is it. It has ZERO bearing on the success of this team moving forward.

I come into these series wanting them to win the 1st two games. Close out the series quickly. And watch Game 3 as a stress free game with only upside. I never get upset if they lose 1 out of 3 as that's just idiotic and naive fanaticism.

Save your emotional energy and quit asking for unreasonable outcomes. This might be the most talented SEC season across all teams in history, period. And A&M is dominating. Smiles and only smiles. Great job Aggie baseball!! Amazing in reality.
I don't think you know anything about Trouble, do you?
LB12Diamond
8:27a, 4/28/24
Are there really a ton of fans upset?

If there are, I guess I have just gotten good at ignoring posts like those.
StinkyPinky
8:28a, 4/28/24
In reply to dcg4403
dcg4403 said:

trouble said:

Save your emotional energy and quit asking for unreasonable outcomes. This might be the most talented SEC season in history, period. And A&M is dominating. Smiles and only smiles. Great job Aggie baseball!! Amazing in reality.
Word of friendly advice. Before taking the time to write something like this also take the time to read and understand the context. You are miles (and miles) off the mark. No one was complaining.
dermdoc
8:31a, 4/28/24
I thought Georgia's lineup was really good. Lacked a little in the pitching department but still had two guys pitch over a hundred pitches.

Very similar to Bama.

No shame in losing a game out of the series to those 2 teams.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
9:03a, 4/28/24
Missing out on a sweep might be relevant to winning the SEC regular season championship, but while that would be a nice trophy to have, the one that matters is the one they hand out at Omaha. We are not going to play at peak performance for eight weeks straight, so I'm ok with 2 out of 3 against a scary Georgia team (offensively) where we were one big hit from a sweep, but a ways away from peak performance.
McInnis
9:28a, 4/28/24
No one here's complaining about the team but it is frustrating to have three conference series with a chance to sweep but then lose by one run in the third game. Especially yesterday with Georgia's closer and his suspicious behavior and performance.
trouble
9:58a, 4/28/24
In reply to The Marksman
Not even a little.
trouble
10:03a, 4/28/24
In reply to dcg4403
I don't know. Is 45 years long enough to be a baseball fan and have emotions? Because the first baseball game I remember clearly was when I was 4 years old.

One run losses esp when you are close enough to feel the win coming are hard. Being the eternal optimist among your peers is difficult when someone inevitably posts something about "I thought you said we were going to come back" or "how's that feeling now".

I never think my team is going to lose. Ever. That's my mindset from first pitch to the last out.

I understand the importance of winning the series. You completely misread what was going on in this thread.
VegasAg86
10:37a, 4/28/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

I don't know. Is 45 years long enough to be a baseball fan and have emotions? Because the first baseball game I remember clearly was when I was 4 years old.

One run losses esp when you are close enough to feel the win coming are hard. Being the eternal optimist among your peers is difficult when someone inevitably posts something about "I thought you said we were going to come back" or "how's that feeling now".

I never think my team is going to lose. Ever. That's my mindset from first pitch to the last out.

I understand the importance of winning the series. You completely misread what was going on in this thread.

I'm with you. It ain't over till it's over. I'll never understand the negative mindset.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings