*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***
159,505 Views | 1579 Replies
GigEmADED
1:09p, 4/21/24
So does this solidify the top 8 national seed or do we have to win the series vs Florida
Sharpshooter
1:22p, 4/21/24
In reply to GigEmADED
GigEmADED said:

So does this solidify the top 8 national seed or do we have to win the series vs Florida
Sorry, I am not qualified enought to answer that. However, just win them all.

On another note: BUBBLES, LADIES.
Belton Ag
2:21p, 4/21/24
Ole Miss is playing games with the pitch clock. No wonder this team is dead last in the SEC.
Belton Ag
2:21p, 4/21/24
In reply to GigEmADED
GigEmADED said:

I believe we need to win the series against Florida to secure a spot as a national seed.
aggieheart
2:24p, 4/21/24
In reply to Belton Ag
Belton Ag said:

GigEmADED said:

I believe we need to win the series against Florida to secure a spot as a national seed.
Probably have to win our remaining three midweek as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Belton Ag
2:29p, 4/21/24
In reply to aggieheart
That's for sure. Including the need to close out this game today.
Sharpshooter
2:43p, 4/21/24
Kennedy is smoking it today.
VegasAg86
2:43p, 4/21/24
Yep, I don't think we're in a position to solidify a national seed. We're in a competition to get a national seed.
Sharpshooter
3:05p, 4/21/24
washedupballer
3:09p, 4/21/24
Kennedy is nails. 104 pitch shutout giving up only 2 hits
Belton Ag
3:15p, 4/21/24
The nice thing about the win today is that it puts us in sole possession of 2nd place and mathematically still in the hunt for 1st. It also guarantees that no matter what happens next weekend (we don't play next weekend) we will be going into Gainesville AT WORST tied for 2nd place.
jmcfar_98
3:47p, 4/21/24
Standings

Belton Ag
4:04p, 4/21/24
In reply to jmcfar_98
We're 15-6, that hasn't been updated yet.
Wabs
4:15p, 4/21/24
Committee will figure out a way to match us up with the sips in the supers. Watch.
Belton Ag
4:25p, 4/21/24
In reply to Wabs
Wabs said:

Committee will figure out a way to match us up with the sips in the supers. Watch.

This is exactly what I am anticipating. First and foremost I believe the committee will want to match us up in either a regional or super regional, but it's going to be tough for them to do so because we keep winning.

Sip will either be seeded 1 or 2, so in order for us to match up, the committee will need to bump us down to a 15 or 16 seed. That's going to be a gut punch for us if we finish 2nd in the SEC and have an RPI around 10 or so, which could be where we end up. It wouldn't be right at all for us to end up in the Top 10 and then have to go on the road to face the #1 overall seed.

But it's not like the committee hasn't done that kind of thing before, I think it was last year that sip was in the top 8 of the RPI and got bumped all the way down to a 13 seed.

VegasAg86
4:26p, 4/21/24
In reply to Wabs
Wabs said:

tu will be the 1 or 2 seed. We're playing for a national seed. We'd have to do much worse than expected the last 6 games to fall to the 15 or 16 seed. A path to meeting in the first round at OKC is very possible, bordering on likely.
jmcfar_98
5:20p, 4/21/24
In reply to Belton Ag
Belton Ag said:

We're 15-6, that hasn't been updated yet.

Updated

LB12Diamond
5:47p, 4/21/24
We will not be matched up with the sips in any type of regional or super regional. We will either be a national seed or 10-12 at worst regional seed.
greg.w.h
6:01p, 4/21/24
The team continues to improve. The sensation we are killing it continues to strengthen. One hopes the Houston, Sam, Commerce mid-week "in-season tournament" and Florida games all are well contested and are wins!!! But Florida is always competitive.
jmcfar_98
6:02p, 4/21/24
Sure would like a redo of LSU.
GigEmADED
6:06p, 4/21/24
In reply to LB12Diamond
LB12Diamond said:

We will not be matched up with the sips in any type of regional or super regional. We will either be a national seed or 10-12 at worst regional seed.
if we don't have sips or boomer than we are CWS bound IMO
LB12Diamond
6:19p, 4/21/24
In reply to GigEmADED
Sips and Sooners might be the top two national seeds. We are not dropping to the 15-16 seed range that will be paired with them in the Supers.

More likely we are the national seed that would plays the sips in the first game of the CWS.
VegasAg86
6:20p, 4/21/24
In reply to jmcfar_98
jmcfar_98 said:

Sure would like a redo of LSU.

Crazy what both programs have done since that series.
GigEmADED
6:24p, 4/21/24
In reply to LB12Diamond
Yes I realize that we aren't going to be playing them in a super that's what I said.

I could see us being the 7 or 8 and having to face one of those two which would suck , but I know this team is capable of anything so
VegasAg86
6:45p, 4/21/24
In reply to GigEmADED
GigEmADED said:

Yes I realize that we aren't going to be playing them in a super that's what I said.

I could see us being the 7 or 8 and having to face one of those two which would suck , but I know this team is capable of anything so

No doubt we're trending in the 7-10 range, which will match us with one them in the first round at OKC.
MSTC Man
6:48p, 4/21/24
I like my chances in the first game of the WCWS with Emiley Kennedy in the circle.
cevans_40
8:49p, 4/21/24
In reply to GigEmADED
GigEmADED said:

Playing in OKC doesn't suck no matter who you play. That would be huge for our program.
Aggie92AA
9:06p, 4/21/24
Defense should be better than last year and it will be interesting to see
DogCompany74
10:13a, 4/22/24
In reply to jmcfar_98
LSU was the only series where the team reverted to the mindset of the past. They were deer in the headlights and apparently played to not lose versus playing to win. Great job of coaching to get their heads right.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
RadCouncil 21
10:32a, 4/22/24
Thursday's game against Commerce has been cancelled.

https://12thman.com/news/2024/4/22/softball-thursdays-game-against-texas-am-commerce-canceled
Belton Ag
10:37a, 4/22/24
In reply to RadCouncil 21
RadCouncil 21 said:

https://12thman.com/news/2024/4/22/softball-thursdays-game-against-texas-am-commerce-canceled
Good move, all that game was going to do is hurt our RPI.

It's a stupid system that potentially punishes a team for simply playing a game.
jmcfar_98
10:40a, 4/22/24
Probably would get more competition playing against ourselves than Commerce to be truthful.
VegasAg86
10:42a, 4/22/24
In reply to RadCouncil 21
RadCouncil 21 said:

Edit - Belton already said it.

Wrong emoji.
Belton Ag
11:15a, 4/22/24
To highlight how dumb RPI is, we dropped from 8 to 9 in the rankings AFTER sweeping an sec conference series. All because Ole Miss was 49th going into the weekend.

I'm glad the committee isn't strictly following RPI anymore, but it's still a really important component of the seedings.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/ncaa-womens-softball-rpi
fitzwatema
11:18a, 4/22/24
In other news, Softball America poll has rated as the number 4 team in the country!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 32 of 46
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings