*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***
159,174 Views | 1574 Replies
BadMoonRisin
3:43p, 5/4/24
Bs call
Serious Lee
3:44p, 5/4/24
is it just me, or does it take the home plate ump way too long to make the call on some of these pitches?
BadMoonRisin
3:47p, 5/4/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Yes. Waaay too long.
Room40
Missed opportunity. Keep fighting
fdt88rv
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

is it just me, or does it take the home plate ump way too long to make the call on some of these pitches?

Very common in softball.
FDT88RV Marine to the Corps
Hehateme1
Been a fun game to watch so far
Boozer92
3:59p, 5/4/24
Great to fight back and force extras. Need to find a way to salvage a win tomorrow
JMac03
4:03p, 5/4/24
Bah humbug. But I agree great comeback. Let's do this tomorrow!
Dark_Knight
4:08p, 5/4/24
My fault guys. As soon as the TV was changed channels, we were doing great. Because of me they got that grand slam.
sharpdressedman
4:10p, 5/4/24
Late pitching change was the difference. Great fight but another of many last at bat losses.
Belton Ag
4:15p, 5/4/24
Well we don't know exactly what the ramifications are but a national seed is probably off the table now. The bigger worry is losing again tomorrow. Getting swept twice in a season isn't exactly a good thing for a team to have on a hosting resume. It could easily mean a trip to Austin for a super regional. Bad day for Aggie softball.

Maybe they can turn it around and win the SEC tournament.
12thMan9
4:25p, 5/4/24
In reply to Belton Ag
Belton Ag said:

Well we don't know exactly what the ramifications are but a national seed is probably off the table now. The bigger worry is losing again tomorrow. Getting swept twice in a season isn't exactly a good thing for a team to have on a hosting resume. It could easily mean a trip to Austin for a super regional. Bad day for Aggie softball.

How bad of BAS do you have to think we drop to a 16 seed?

At some point, you BAS'ers have got to stop letting tu live rent free in your heads.
Ronnie '88
Boozer92
5:47p, 5/4/24
In reply to 12thMan9
There a lot still in play but we have dropped to 15 in rpi now. The difference between 15 and 7 right now is very thin. Tomorrow matters for sure as does the first game of sec tournament. I doubt we fall to 16 but 15 is certainly a possibility. Win the next 2 and I expect the 8-10 range. Lose the next 2 and 12-15 seem most likely.
Belton Ag
5:47p, 5/4/24
In reply to 12thMan9
12thMan9 said:

Belton Ag said:

At some point, you BAS'ers have got to stop letting tu live rent free in your heads.

Please, I've been a season ticket holder for years and actually follow the team and sport. I'm trying to have a discussion. I don't think I've ever seen you post in this thread. If you have a different view then fine, please post it here and refute it. Don't resort to being an *******.
VegasAg86
5:57p, 5/4/24
In reply to Belton Ag
Belton Ag said:

12thMan9 said:

Belton Ag said:

Please, I've been a season ticket holder for years and actually follow the team and sport. I'm trying to have a discussion. I don't think I've ever seen you post in this thread. If you have a different view then fine, please post it here and refute it. Don't resort to being an *******.

lol, that was definitely not a good take on you as a poster. I think you're one of the best softball posters here.
Boozer92
6:05p, 5/4/24
Without a win tomorrow it is possible our resume doesn't have a win against any other host team. I haven't gone through all the other schools yet but in terms of seeding that can hurt

Alabama losing the series to Auburn likely knocking bama out of a chance to host.

OK St took the series at OU

As of today I would say Florida gets the 8 seed and the only SEC team besides Tennessee to get a top 8. LSU, Ga, A&M, Ark and Mizzou all likely to host in 9-16 range. Florida St, Louisiana and Washington likely to round out that group

Eta: i just went through all the team sheets of teams I think have a chance to host and A&M would the only team without a win against another host team.
Boozer92
11:50a, 5/5/24
Lets get this done today!

GigMe03
11:56a, 5/5/24
A win today ties us for 2nd for the conference tournament. Who will be the actual #2 seed for the bracket placement?

Based off things at the moment (including MSST taking game 3 from GA since they're up right now)… it seems better for us to have a 3 seed than 2 seed. 2 gives us the winner of LSU/Auburn and 3 gives us the winner of GA and SC. Not sure about you, but I'd rather play GA/SC over LSU. I'm hopefully an appearance at the SEC championship could be very helpful for the committee but who knows
AGGIEGMA9
12:06p, 5/5/24
Can't find it the game time today and viewing. Help!
6 Aggies
LB12Diamond
12:07p, 5/5/24
In reply to AGGIEGMA9
Now
Dinger
12:07p, 5/5/24
In reply to AGGIEGMA9
It's on ESPN2.
AGGIEGMA9
12:10p, 5/5/24
Thanks. Go girls!!!!
6 Aggies
Boozer92
12:11p, 5/5/24
In reply to GigMe03
GigMe03 said:

A win today ties us for 2nd for the conference tournament. Who will be the actual #2 seed for the bracket placement?

Based off things at the moment (including MSST taking game 3 from GA since they're up right now)… it seems better for us to have a 3 seed than 2 seed. 2 gives us the winner of LSU/Auburn and 3 gives us the winner of GA and SC. Not sure about you, but I'd rather play GA/SC over LSU. I'm hopefully an appearance at the SEC championship could be very helpful for the committee but who knows

We will be the 3 seed
AGGIEGMA9
12:13p, 5/5/24
Hope this ump is better than Friday. He didn't see Emily's corner strikes.
6 Aggies
Boozer92
12:16p, 5/5/24
And 7 straight balls after you post that
JMac03
12:17p, 5/5/24
Let's do this!!!
Wooahhhh
12:19p, 5/5/24
I wish we'd foul off some 2 strike count pitches to live for another pitch. 5 or 6 times this series and the pitches weren't on the corners, they appeared to be meat.

Still, both games have been great fastpitch, we're not getting timely hits when the opportunity arises
sharpdressedman
12:24p, 5/5/24
EK is a walking matching this weekend. Free bases and errors won't get it done.
Rec
Boozer92
Going to need to put up some crooked numbers today to keep up with this Florida offense
GigMe03
1:22p, 5/5/24
So many strike 3 lookings. Really need to protect more when you've got 2 strikes on you.
GigMe03
1:57p, 5/5/24
ABSOLUTE BS!!!
Boozer92
1:58p, 5/5/24
That is the worst infield fly call I have seen. No indication on the replay that anyone knew infield fly had been called
BeatHellOutOfTU
2:07p, 5/5/24
mullokmotx
2:16p, 5/5/24
Neither field umpire called infield fly. No way for the runner to know if they don't call it.
mullokag
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 37 of 45
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off