*****Aggies @ Florida - Sunday*****
95,233 Views | 1564 Replies
TexasRebel
2:54p, 3/17/24
In reply to gambochaman
gambochaman said:

Aggies2009 said:

JDay said:

Really need trackman. This is bull***** Have been against it forever, but with umpires deciding games at this point it needs to happen. If A&M SID does not find a way to publish that data I would be disappointed. Aggies got ****ed all weekend.
We have Trackman.

The NCAA *****ed when the Trackman data was published and had it taken down. It showed their umpires in a VERY bad light.

Umpires suck in general

Its time for robo balls and strikes

Has been for a long time

I wanted to propose a system for my dissertation back in '08.

No body was for it then.
Killzone3abc
In reply to Beat40
It was jsut an awful zone. Evident by the fact that we didn't get those outside calls.
fieldtrailer
I watched both games Fri and sat and the late innings today. I never felt we were in control. Their pitching is great. We were never confident at the plate. Hopefully humbling and they get back to work.
trouble
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

So, I don't watch much college baseball, but is the outside strike called more frequently? A lot of the outside strike calls this weekend looked more like balls to me.

Maybe it was just the angle of the camera.

Real ****ty crew this weekend
Sean98
Well, all 3 were there for the taking. I'm disappointed but not angry. 1-2 on the road, big step up in competition against a very good (and desperate) team. Think we could have easily swept them at home where pop-ups aren't HRs.

Maybe 2 losses will be just enough to keep all the TA bleeders away from /8 for a few more weekends
Frank Grimes
In reply to TheBonifaceOption
TheBonifaceOption said:

"That hasnt been a strike all game"

You know its bad when the homer announcers know the job was on.

"All weekend."
phatty26
In reply to fightintxaggie10
fightintxaggie10 said:

These players act like we're they're Super Bowl

Hey they get it this is the SEC and one huge series win. I'd hope we'd react the same they hit the ball and we were lucky we got one win. They are very good.
BLSmith04
We left like a dozen guys on base today. Aren't gonna win too many games doing that, especially against a lineup as dynamic as Florida's.
tjack16
Luckily two very winnable series at home next. And Auburn is sweepable

Hopefully we get to that 6-3 sec mark after the Auburn series
WC87
Let's back at it midweek.
KT 90
2:55p, 3/17/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Welp. We took 1 on the road. That's good enough.

See y'all Wednesday.

Agree. Playing a good team on the road. got one win to avoid the sweep. Need to take care of business next weekend with a series win to keep up in the SEC standings.
AgRyan04
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Dropping 2 of 3 to a top 10 team (last years runner up in the cws)on the road by 2 pts in each game dropped is a whimper?

I told my sons little league team this all the time - you score runs in baseball, not points
CampingAg
In reply to Tailgate88
Tailgate88 said:

sincereag said:

Runner missed touching 1st base it looked like

Saw that too. We got screwed three different ways here.

If he did that's our fault for not appealing.
Beau Holder
May State at least please hold on to this second win against coonass.
Beat40
In reply to AgEng06
AgEng06 said:

Beat40 said:

So, I don't watch much college baseball, but is the outside strike called more frequently? A lot of the outside strike calls this weekend looked more like balls to me.

It was the ****ty ump.

No, I'm talking about all weekend or both teams. Is the college zone called a little wider, normally? I'm just trying to see what my expectations need to be or if I was deceived by the camera angle.
powerbelly
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Beat40 said:

Trust her. She knows umpires
Wabs
In reply to BLSmith04
BLSmith04 said:

Florida owns us this weekend

Ok dude. Ok.
Alex580
2:56p, 3/17/24
I know the umps were pretty bad this weekend but man our guys need to get the bat off their shoulder a lot of the time
histag10
In reply to AgRyan04
AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Dropping 2 of 3 to a top 10 team (last years runner up in the cws)on the road by 2 pts in each game dropped is a whimper?

I told my sons little league team this all the time - you score runs in baseball, not points

Way to be a dick, asshat. You get my point, right? Or are you arguing the validity of it?
powerbelly
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

AgEng06 said:

Beat40 said:

It was the ****ty ump.

No, I'm talking about all weekend or both teams. Is the college zone called a little wider, normally? I'm just trying to see what my expectations need to be or if I was deceived by the camera angle.

Yes, college traditionally will have a larger zone. It isnt a problem if the ump is consistent
jkag89
In reply to RyanPearson
RyanPearson said:

Guess Florida just owns us.
In Gainesville, pretty much since we've joined the SEC. We did get our first win there since changing leagues. I'll take that as a positive. Oh wait, this is TexAgs, never mind.
Frank Grimes
In reply to Alex580
Alex580 said:

Pitching finally shows up this series and then the bats dont

Except that there was an 0-2 pitch that should not have been thrown in the 8th.
Killzone3abc
In reply to Alex580
Seriously. We won the game where we were more aggressive at the plate.
HoustonAg2106
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Points?
powerbelly
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Way to be a dick, asshat. You get my point, right? Or are you arguing the validity of it?

Being pedantic is the only argument he has
trouble
2:57p, 3/17/24
In reply to powerbelly
powerbelly said:

trouble said:

Beat40 said:

Go look at Friday's thread. I *****ed as soon as I saw who it was.
Tailgate88
In reply to Frok
Frok said:

That strike 3 call changed the inning

And ultimately the game.
Strike One
Well, Florida beat us both at the plate and on the mound. Real aggressive hitters who make you pay very often in a series and power pitchers who mostly overwhelmed our guys, especially those who tend to look like they are looking for something besides heat. Let's get it together and start a new winning streak this week.
TxAg76
Too many announcers (and fans) get twisted up on where the ball got caught, relative to catcher setup and mitt….versus whether it actually caught plate or not.
jkag89
In reply to powerbelly
powerbelly said:

trouble said:

Beat40 said:

Where most folks keep book on players, trouble keep book on Blues. If she says they are ****ty, they are ****ty.
histag10
2:58p, 3/17/24
In reply to powerbelly
powerbelly said:

histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Being pedantic is the only argument he has

Apparently. But I'd be perfectly happy to let these internet tough guys come juggle the **** I am today and try to post without so much as a small ****ing error.
htxag09
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

AgEng06 said:

Beat40 said:

It was the ****ty ump.

So if you ask this thread it's sec umps hate us and every game is one sided.

In reality it's a combo of things.

The camera angle in college sucks.

Umpires, in general, aren't great in college.

When you're used to watching the mlb, where umps are actually pretty good, it's pretty eye opening switching to college.
StinkyPinky
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

AgEng06 said:

Beat40 said:

It was the ****ty ump.

Camera angle is definitely deceiving. Does make strikes look like balls. Blue was pretty consistent on the outside, but very inconsistent vertically.
LB12Diamond
In reply to tjack16
tjack16 said:

Jace got hosed on the strike 3 call but he should have swung at strike 2. Grooved fastball right in the zone

Agree

Did change the entire inning
W
2:59p, 3/17/24
it was a tough series. Can live with 1 of 3. Glad to have this road trip off the schedule.

once Prager got knocked out in the 3rd inning on Friday...we knew the pitching staff was going to be under stress for the remainder of the weekend.

both teams scored 18 runs in the series
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 43 of 45
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off