jkag89
2:59p, 3/17/24
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Dropping 2 of 3 to a top 10 team (last years runner up in the cws)on the road by 2 pts in each game dropped is a whimper?

I told my sons little league team this all the time - you score runs in baseball, not points

Way to be a dick, asshat. You get my point, right? Or are you arguing the validity of it?
C'mon, histag. We all know you know better. Take the ribbing with a little grace.
Todd 02
Lots of baseball left to play. Tough to open up with #8 Florida, but that's the way SEC baseball go. Glad we got one.

Win the home series and don't get swept on the road. Anything better is icing on the cake.

Couple days rest and then Wednesday to Saturday baseball with Clanga! at Olsen next weekend

Gig 'em Ags!
htxag09
In reply to LB12Diamond
LB12Diamond said:

tjack16 said:

Jace got hosed on the strike 3 call but he should have swung at strike 2. Grooved fastball right in the zone

Agree

Did change the entire inning

Can't say that changed the inning when ignoring the 1-2 strike to Gavin that was called a ball, which led to him getting a single.
themissinglink
Hold your head up. We lost a competitive SEC road series vs a top 5 team (at least in terms of talent). There are things we need to fix, but we'll be fine.
histag10
3:01p, 3/17/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Dropping 2 of 3 to a top 10 team (last years runner up in the cws)on the road by 2 pts in each game dropped is a whimper?

I told my sons little league team this all the time - you score runs in baseball, not points

Way to be a dick, asshat. You get my point, right? Or are you arguing the validity of it?
C'mon, histag. We all know you know better. Take the ribbing with a little grace.

Oh I'm fine with most of it. It's the idiots I have never once (or rarely) seen on here that bring a certain stink that bothers me. (Which is why I didn't pitch at everyone who pointed it out lol).

But also- my kids are driving me insane. And I'm about to lose my mind lol
Ags77
I still really like our ball club. Florida is pretty dang good, imo.
TexasAggie81
In reply to Frank Grimes
Frank Grimes said:

aginlakeway said:

Damn. On an 0-2 pitch.

0-2 pitch shouldn't be hittable. (Captain Obvious?)

That's the 5th time that's happened in the last 2 weeks.
fightintxaggie10
3:02p, 3/17/24
This is an Omaha team, or our coaches name isn't Jim Snorznoodle. Take a deep breath. We are good.
aggietony2010
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

jkag89 said:

histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Oh I'm fine with most of it. It's the idiots I have never once (or rarely) seen on here that bring a certain stink that bothers me. (Which is why I didn't pitch at everyone who pointed it out lol).

Go make the kids point around outside until they get tired.
TexasRebel
In reply to histag10
Slaughter it! Goat steaks aren't too bad.
histag10
3:03p, 3/17/24
In reply to aggietony2010
aggietony2010 said:

histag10 said:

jkag89 said:

histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

Go make the kids point around outside until they get tired.

It's a muddy mess outside here, and frankly I can't deal with that today lol.

Hope yall have been good!
AgRyan04
Good lord. No more jabs around here after losses.

My appologies.

Signed,

The Asshat
Fquin
Florida crushes mistakes. We missed them. Same thing Friday. Good thing there is a lot of baseball left. I think this team is special and we will be where we want to be at the end of the season.
Beau Holder
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

jkag89 said:

histag10 said:

AgRyan04 said:

histag10 said:

Evanhue said:

We go out with a whimper

"Beau… don't have kids…!"
TexasRebel
3:04p, 3/17/24
In reply to fightintxaggie10
fightintxaggie10 said:

This is an Omaha team, or our coaches name isn't Jim Snorznoodle. Take a deep breath. We are good.

Why are you jinxing us this early?!
StinkyPinky
In reply to Ags77
Ags77 said:

No shame is losing to that team. Their freshmen pitchers were impressive
histag10
In reply to TexasRebel
TexasRebel said:

Slaughter it! Goat steaks aren't too bad.

I threatened to do this to a goat my husband brought home that was aggressive AF. I was actually looking forward to it. But noooooo.... no one let's me slaughter animals they consider "pets", so it went to someone else (who I hope slaughters it).
TexasRebel
3:06p, 3/17/24
In reply to histag10
The best name for a goat is Taco.
htxag09
In reply to StinkyPinky
StinkyPinky said:

Ags77 said:

Yep. It's baseball.

If you expect to win every series you're gonna wind up disappointed
2040huck
Still too may unproductive at bats. I said a coupleof weeks ago that all the k's were gonna bite us
Blitz88
3:07p, 3/17/24
In reply to Fquin
Fquin said:

Florida crushes mistakes. We missed them. Same thing Friday. Good thing there is a lot of baseball left. I think this team is special and we will be where we want to be at the end of the season.

This was the difference this weekend. Gators didn't miss fat pitches when it mattered…….the Ags did
trouble
3:08p, 3/17/24
In reply to htxag09
I think SEC umps just, in general, suck. I don't think they esp hate us, with a few exceptions.

JJ was more inconsistent than usual but he wasn't acting butthurt like he gets sometimes.

Jeff Head is pretty universally hated. Google him. There's a thread on every message board in the SEC about his horrible ass.

Seth Buckminster has this going for him.
Quote:

Buckminster gained a measure of notoriety because he had the worst record of any umpire in the majors when it came to video review during the first half of the 2014 season: 11 of his calls were reversed upon review, in spite of only working part-time
RED AG 98
3:09p, 3/17/24
Our SoS moved up 60+ spots from the upper 130s so there's that.
Bondag
3:10p, 3/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

trouble said:

Welp. We took 1 on the road. That's good enough.

See y'all Wednesday.
Weird week. Wed and Thur-Sat this weekend.

Wednesday game is at 4:00 for some reason.

12TH MAN FOUNDATION

Aggie Baseball Time Change

Texas A&M vs. Prairie View A&M | March 20 | 4:00 p.m.
The first pitch for the Texas A&M vs. Prairie View A&M baseball game on Wednesday, March 20, has been adjusted to 4:00 p.m.

To ensure you catch all the action at Blue Bell Park, please visit 12thMan.com/baseball or @AggieBaseball on X (formerly Twitter) for the most up-to-date information, including schedule changes and updated game times.

You can also receive updates and push notifications for Aggie Baseball via the 12th Man Mobile app, which can be downloaded here.
RED AG 98
3:11p, 3/17/24
In reply to Bondag
Bondag said:

RED AG 98 said:

trouble said:

Welp. We took 1 on the road. That's good enough.

See y'all Wednesday.
Weird week. Wed and Thur-Sat this weekend.

Wednesday game is at 4:00 for some reason.

12TH MAN FOUNDATION

Aggie Baseball Time Change

Texas A&M vs. Prairie View A&M | March 20 | 4:00 p.m.
The first pitch for the Texas A&M vs. Prairie View A&M baseball game on Wednesday, March 20, has been adjusted to 4:00 p.m.

To ensure you catch all the action at Blue Bell Park, please visit 12thMan.com/baseball or @AggieBaseball on X (formerly Twitter) for the most up-to-date information, including schedule changes and updated game times.

You can also receive updates and push notifications for Aggie Baseball via the 12th Man Mobile app, which can be downloaded here.
shooty hoops, presumably?
TexasRebel
3:11p, 3/17/24
In reply to trouble
Until anyone ever does worse than Dave Yeast I'll be okay.

It's why I can laugh at Angel Hernandez.
bdp514am
3:12p, 3/17/24
In reply to Blitz88
top of the order didn't get it done this weekend. 5 for 33 for the 1 thru 4 hitters
TexasRebel
3:12p, 3/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
I thought we called it "bouncy ball".
Wabs
3:13p, 3/17/24
Corn dogs about to lose their series at State. I guess their season is over too.
Beau Holder
3:13p, 3/17/24
In reply to htxag09
htxag09 said:

StinkyPinky said:

Ags77 said:

Yep. It's baseball.

If you expect to win every series you're gonna wind up disappointed

I'm under no illusion of winning every series but it's how we lost this one.

- Friday and Saturday guys got shelled
- Wasted a ton of opportunities on offense to take one of the two we lost
- Plate approach seemed misaligned for more than half the weekend

Abundance of time to rebound. But this series was winnable and we lost it. Forget about it tomorrow but today it's ok to be disappointed imo.
powerbelly
3:14p, 3/17/24
In reply to Wabs
Wabs said:

Corn dogs about to lose their series at State. I guess their season is over too.

Hopefully the chicken littles just take the rest of the season off so we can enjoy the game threads
TexasRebel
3:15p, 3/17/24
In reply to Beau Holder
Two called strikes in the top of 9 down by two.

There's a runner on, but SWING FOR CONTACT!!
Beau Holder
3:20p, 3/17/24
In reply to TexasRebel
Yep. Easily could've put more on the Friday guy too if not for gracefully observing every flat middle-middle fastball as it hit the catcher's mitt.
Strike One
3:23p, 3/17/24
So far, the majority of our guys in the line-up don't look like good contact hitters when facing power pitchers (92+mph). Even our HR guys like LaViolette either take too many good pitches or swing through pitches without contact of any type, even fouls. I hope they can fix this as the season progresses because there are a whole lot of good arms on SEC teams.
Tailgate88
3:23p, 3/17/24
In reply to fightintxaggie10
fightintxaggie10 said:

I was in Omaha this week and snapped a picture of the College World Series stadium. Thought about posting it here but then I was concerned that I might be jinxing.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 44 of 45
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings