Going to our first game this weekend, couple of ?

1,748 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BiochemAg97
Yukon Cornelius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried finding information on the 12th man website to no avail. Taking tbe family to our first couple baseball games this upcoming weekend. I'll have a couple of kids in tow and am curious what they allow in the park. Kids water cups? Etc. do all bags have to be see through etc like purses and diaper bags?
Cen-Tex
AG
On 12th Man website. Click on Game Day Central. Bottom of page has rules, bag policy, etc.

https://12thman.com/sports/2016/6/6/clear-bag-policy
trouble
AG
No water cups anymore now that that they have free refills on drinks. Too many people abusing that. I suggest the silicone tops that fit into water bottles.

Yup on clear bags.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Thank yiu
EVA3
AG
You can take in one bottle of water per person. It can be any size, but it must be sealed. If you try to take in a refillable water bottle they will stop you. All bags have to be clear. Not sure about diaper bags. Have fun!
Chrundle the Great
AG
Maybe it's because I've only gone on Tuesdays but they let me bring in anything in the clear bag. My son's big 16 oz refillable water bottle, a dozen different snacks, etc.
OnlyForNow
AG
Rules are sealed water bottles 1 per person and all clear bags.

Depending on who checks depends on what you can bring in.

Schrute Farms
EVA3 said:

You can take in one bottle of water per person. It can be any size, but it must be sealed. If you try to take in a refillable water bottle they will stop you. All bags have to be clear. Not sure about diaper bags. Have fun!

We've brought in regular diaper bags without issue. Not sure if it's allowed or if staff was just lenient. The most they've done is squeeze it and leave it be.

100% recommend bringing in sealed water bottles. The bigger Ozarka sport cap ones are perfect for kids.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Schrute Farms said:

EVA3 said:

We've brought in regular diaper bags without issue. Not sure if it's allowed or if staff was just lenient. The most they've done is squeeze it and leave it be.

100% recommend bringing in sealed water bottles. The bigger Ozarka sport cap ones are perfect for kids.
The rule is that the bag has to be clear. They may be a little lenient on diaper bags, depending on who checks your bag. But if you get a stickler, they might not let you in.
PETE14
AG
We've never been denied bringing a kids water cup in. Or even kids snacks for that matter.

We have found that it's easier to just bring normal water bottles in and a silicone straw for each kid. The silicone straw can easily be pushed in the water bottle and the cap can be tightened. It's a lot easier than actual kids water cups.
trouble
AG
They started denying us this year. At both football and baseball.

I bought these and they are great. https://a.co/d/aszSCks
ensign_beedrill
AG
I've seen a guy deny a kid from bringing in a water bottle because he was already drinking from it. (Then while he was so concerned with stopping this kid, I walked right past without getting my bag checked.) I've seen someone try to deny bringing in baby food for an infant. One guy threatened to call the cops over because I was bringing in a camera, and his supervisor had to come over and say it was allowed. Some people, when you give them a little bit of power, will take advantage of it. It really depends on who it is who checks.
BiochemAg97
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

I've seen a guy deny a kid from bringing in a water bottle because he was already drinking from it. (Then while he was so concerned with stopping this kid, I walked right past without getting my bag checked.) I've seen someone try to deny bringing in baby food for an infant. One guy threatened to call the cops over because I was bringing in a camera, and his supervisor had to come over and say it was allowed. Some people, when you give them a little bit of power, will take advantage of it. It really depends on who it is who checks.

We were warned at yell practice a few years back that they don't allow detachable lenses for the games.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Any parking suggestions?
trouble
AG
It's $5 to park at Reed
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Thank you
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Had a great time. Really good experience. Thank y'all for the advice and help.

Out of curiosity how do most people like season ticket holders do the weekends? Get a hotel, have a place already in town, drive in and out from Houston?
BiochemAg97
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Had a great time. Really good experience. Thank y'all for the advice and help.

Out of curiosity how do most people like season ticket holders do the weekends? Get a hotel, have a place already in town, drive in and out from Houston?

All of the above. I used to drive in and out from Round Rock. Sometimes I stayed at a friend's place. I couldn't ever really justify the 2 night minimum on a hotel. Although that was for football season tickets. If I had baseball season tickets at the time, the 2 night hotel stay would make sense. Now I live in Bryan and have a shorter drive.

I know others who have a small home in town for game weekends. Some that bought a home here when kids were at A&M and kept it for game weekends after the kids graduated.

I've know some that got a hotel for each weekend or an Airbnb, at least for a time.

I know some who are still working but approaching retirement and bought an eventual retirement place in BCS and use it for game weekends.

All kinda depends on how much you are willing to commit and what stage of life you are at. If you are doing both spring and fall sports, buying a house makes even more sense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.