Weather tomorrow

10,936 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RGLAG85
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is currently 100% chance of rain tomorrow in BCS with 60% chance of thunderstorms at game time tomorrow night. Any chance this series gets pushed back to Friday-Sunday or would they just play two if tomorrow's game isn't able to be played?
jkag89
Most likely no to pushing back the series.
Captn_Ag05
AG
TY
trouble
AG
I'm not worried about the weather.

Captn_Ag05
AG
I hope you are right! I will be busy Friday and Saturday, so can only go to the game tomorrow night.
Boozer92
AG
Forecast as I understand is for the rain to clear out early in the day. Shouldn't be a problem for the game
jja79
AG
According to the Aggieland board it never rains there even though the NWS stats show year to date precipitation above normal.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

There is currently 100% chance of rain tomorrow in BCS with 60% chance of thunderstorms at game time tomorrow night. Any chance this series gets pushed back to Friday-Sunday or would they just play two if tomorrow's game isn't able to be played?

The rule is that every series has to be completed within the scheduled 3 day window. They don't want the road team to have to change their travel plans last minute. If there is no game tomorrow it would be two on Friday and one on Saturday
trouble
AG
When those guys gripe, it always rains at my house.
KaneIsAble
AG
jja79 said:

According to the Aggieland board it never rains there even though the NWS stats show year to date precipitation above normal.

It rained a ton in January but all those floods that hit DFW, Bellville, and Houston last week my house only got enough to measure. The Dome is real.
jja79
AG
No one hates their hometown like the Aggieland board.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Aggieland board is nothing compared to Facebook comments on KBTX.

They gripe that there is nothing to do and then when something is announced gripe about the traffic or cost of it. They say we need new businesses, and when new businesses are announced they gripe that it isn't the right type of business or business they want to see (despite investing zero cents into bringing or opening a business themselves).

And the ones that complain about how everything in College Station is centered around A&M and what A&M students and staff want, while living in a town called COLLEGE Station that would not even exist if not for a university take the cake. I want to ask if they have ever been to Hearne. Because that is what the area would look like without TAMU.
trouble
AG
It's so much fun, isn't it?
StinkyPinky
AG
I think the more urgent issue is how to balance the game with the basketball game. Luckily it'll be Friday because two games means double fisting beers.
Tailgate88
AG
StinkyPinky said:

I think the more urgent issue is how to balance the game with the basketball game. Luckily it'll be Friday because two games means double fisting beers.
I wanna party with this guy.
StinkyPinky
AG
Tailgate88 said:

StinkyPinky said:

I wanna party with this guy.
Well, looks like you're the tailgate, so lets do this!
TyHolden
AG
AggieDome is always up.....unless we have a game
twk
AG
Since the game was moved to Thursday for ESPN, it's highly unlikely that they will change the Thursday game time unless and until we get close to first pitch and it's still raining or lightning in the area. Unless it's just going to set in and rain non-stop, I suspect that we will find a break and play the game, even if we end up starting late.

However, if we don't play Thursday, my guess is we'd schedule a day/night double header for Friday so that we don't end up with a doubleheader on Saturday, when both games would be limited to 7 innings (with a strong bullpen, we probably favor more innings rather than less).
dabo man
AG
My Meteorology degree and the two summers I worked for the National Weather Service tell me there's no way they get a game in tomorrow. Split DH on Friday and a single game on Saturday.
jja79
AG
Don't expect someone that lives by campus to drive all the way to Wm Fitch for dinner. What's wrong with you?
jkag89
dabo man said:

My Meteorology degree and the two summers I worked for the National Weather Service tell me there's no way they get a game in tomorrow. Split DH on Friday and a single game on Saturday.
The average weather forecast tend to be even more wrong than my March Madness Brackets.
jja79
AG
You mean it's exactly like it is all around the whole world?
DadHammer
AG
Weather looks bad for today. When will they announce cancellation. Wife and I headed up to the game tonight.
Macpappy99
AG
Heading up for the game today as well. The gameday posts usually hit social media mid morning, so hoping they make a decision by then.
TyHolden
AG
we've been through worse...

aeroag14
AG
DadHammer said:

Weather looks bad for today. When will they announce cancellation. Wife and I headed up to the game tonight.
Schloss mentioned last night that he thought there may be an opportunity to get it in during the evening. We shall see.
jkag89
aeroag14 said:

DadHammer said:

Schloss mentioned last night that he thought there may be an opportunity to get it in during the evening. We shall see.
Since it is on TV, any postponement will be announced late unless it becomes obvious there will be no window to get the game in.
trouble
AG
Unless the heaviest rain hits right at Olsen, I would expect delays before cancellation.

The latest I watched said scattered showers this morning and afternoon with a line of more widespread rain this evening. Once that comes through, it should be fine.

It's all going to depend on exactly where it rains.
75AG
AG
I would think, given our bullpen tends to give up lots of runs, Schloss would rather not have to start and stop and restart a game. Burning a starter.
aeroag14
AG
75AG said:

I would think, given our bullpen tends to give up lots of runs, Schloss would rather not have to start and stop and restart a game. Burning a starter.
I agree that we dont want to start/stop.

Not sure I agree on our bullpen giving up lots of runs. I think our weekend bullpen has a combined ERA around (or maybe even below) 3.0. Which is definitely at the very upper end of the SEC, behind, maybe, only Arkansas. Rudis, Asch, Stewart, Cortez, Morten, Peery and Sdao have ERAs of 0.0, 0.87, 1.0, 2.29, 2.89 and 3.24 respectively (WHIPs of 0.94, 0.87, 1.11, 1.37, 1.18, 0.84 and 1.10). To a REALLY good Florida offense last week, we had 16 innings of relieve pitching and gave up only 5 runs (ERA of 2.8).
75AG
AG
Good points on the bullpen.
Ragoo
AG
If the Rev can finish the best round of his life, the boys can play ball in not even the worst of it.
DadHammer
AG
Misty rain until midnight is what I see on my weather ap.
TyHolden
AG
I don't think we're playing today. Miss St gets to spend a day in their hotel rooms. Jimbo would be proud.
twk
AG
DadHammer said:

Misty rain until midnight is what I see on my weather ap.
I'm no meteorologist, but the future radar app that I looked at showed some showers around BCS at gametime, but a line of thunderstorms building back to the west. If the future radar app was right on timing, we can probably get it in. But, if those thunderstorms move in quicker, it could be a problem.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.