Autograph

1,124 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AggieDub25
AggieDub25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got my son his favorite player's jersey for his birthday. He turns 5 on Monday. I'm wanting to get it autographed and framed for his bedroom.

I'm curious what's the best way to go about getting it autographed. Do the players do autographs before or after the games? Or should we wait and see if there's an autograph event happening around CS?
ag0207
AG
There will be autograph events at some of the places around town for NIL so that's one option.

Sunday games are also good. After the game the kids get to run the bases and then afterwards a "class" of baseball players hang around to sign autographs. When I say "class" I mean the Juniors or sophomore's on the team ETC. Not all of them are always there though. You could probably talk to someone in the athletic department & see what Sunday his favorite player will be signing autographs.
threeanout
AG
Will this Saturday's game be a autograph day?
ag0207
AG
I would assume so, since there is no Sunday game.
DrToothGuy
Who's the player?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Players come over to the left field berm and sign autographs after the game. It's their choice, though, so you're not guaranteed to get any one player.

Before the game is not good. Sometimes players will sign before the game, but most of the time, they're pretty busy with preparing. Ushers are also tight about not letting people ask for stuff before a game.

You can also hang around the clubhouse doors (outside the stadium next to the left field exit) and try to catch some players as they leave.

As already said, kids can run the bases and get autographs from some players on Sundays. I do not think that adults are generally allowed out there, though. Just kids.
trouble
AG
threeanout said:

Will this Saturday's game be a autograph day?

Yes

It's always the last game of the series.

Hanging out by the players' exit after the game is the best way to get a specific autograph.
AggieDub25
LaViolette. I figure one of the harder ones to get due to NIL these days.
ensign_beedrill
AG
No, he's not at all hard to get. He's very nice and is one of the few who will make it a point to sign a few things even before the game if he has time.

trouble
AG
He's a total sweetheart. He's usually available before and after games.
PETE14
AG
Jace is a good dude. He graciously signed a few balls for my kids before a game in the globe life series. He seemed genuinely happy to sign the balls for the kids and talked to them a bit. Made our kids day.
AggieDub25
Thanks guys! I wasn't sure how open the team was at games with NIL. He already has a baseball signed by most of the team thanks to being selected as the play ball kid this year. A signed LaViolette jersey will go nicely with his collection!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.