*****Aggies vs. Mississippi State - Thursday*****

80,409 Views | 1496 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggies2009
you moran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieDub25 said:

Beautiful
H2SAag
AG
trouble said:

H2SAag said:

W said:

Kent is too much of a GiDP threat

lol. What?
He's got 3 which is a third of our total.

I don't like second guessing our coaches but Targac has no business getting abs on this team. His abs aren't in the same league as Kent's, in my humble (and likely wrong) opinion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis
AG
trouble said:

H2SAag said:

W said:

lol. What?

Was that the reason Kent was pinch hit for? I'm wondering if he's been hitting lefties really bad. I can't find his splits on the official website. Anyone know?
trouble
AG
I looked at it earlier but I can't remember now. I really think we didn't want an inning ending GiDP
Killzone3abc
AG
5 would be awesome. That would require some improvement from what we've seen. The staff spoke highly of him before the season so hopefully that materializes.
Bondag
AG
H2SAag said:

trouble said:

H2SAag said:

W said:

lol. What?

I don't like second guessing our coaches but Targac has no business getting abs on this team. His abs aren't in the same league as Kent's, in my humble (and likely wrong) opinion.

He needs to heal and get out of his head. He has power in his bat and will contribute.
trouble
AG
He's definitely doing less than any of us would hope but he's much more likely to strike out than hit into a DP.

That's my entire thought on the matter.
you moran
AG
Targac ph for Kent and K'd right before Grahovac's grand slam.
you moran
AG
Basically we got the 9 hole out of the way so Grahovac could hit it off the rec center.
H2SAag
AG
I hope Targac proves me wrong. But man, he's really going through it. I also really enjoy the way Kent plays and think his potential is extremely high.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Bondag said:

H2SAag said:

trouble said:

H2SAag said:

W said:

lol. What?

He needs to heal and get out of his head. He has power in his bat and will contribute.
Coach Schloss obviously sees something in Targac and really wants to get him going again, or else he wouldn't be playing him. He even honored him with the number 12.

This was a hi/lo type pressure situation, bases juiced, no outs, and I think it's a good coach that is trying to get his players going that where a K is not great but acceptable, a base hit is a confidence builder, and a HR is the juice he needs to find something.

The only risk was a GiDP or even TP, but really those are unlikely given his last at bats.

I like the call. The probability of a K, HR, or RBI single was way higher than a GiDP and Gavin up next at bat, Im not worried about a single out. And then Gavin did Gavin **** and it was all good.

Coach Schloss' teams get better as the season goes on because, yes -- he definitely wants to win -- but he is trying to get his early-mid season team to become a mid-late season team -- and that's why his teams perform so well in the post-season, in my opinion.
you moran
AG
Kent will still play. Still our best 2b option right now.

Someone asked about Kent's splits. He is hitting .417 against lefties and .231 against righties (was .300 going into Florida in limited ABs). He's hitting .417 leading off and .179 with ROB. Obp of .403 (it was higher before Florida).
BadMoonRisin
AG
trouble said:

BadMoonRisin said:

That State player looks like Nigel Thornberry

Yes!!!!!! That's who it is
Agsncws
AG
I don't have any real issue with Walker, but the fact of the matter is that I bristle any time an ex LSU player calls our games.

And I always will.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
trouble
AG

trouble
AG
trouble said:

Weatherman said 11ish so that sounds about right

Just wanted to point out that the dome cracked at 11:06
RED AG 98
AG
2 hours. Literally almost identical to my drive time. Will be there Saturday so I hope it's all gone by then.
grover1263
Loser
GarryowenAg
AG
you moran said:

Kent will still play. Still our best 2b option right now.

Someone asked about Kent's splits. He is hitting .417 against lefties and .231 against righties (was .300 going into Florida in limited ABs). He's hitting .417 leading off and .179 with ROB. Obp of .403 (it was higher before Florida).
I've been a huge backer of Kent since this offseason and will continue to be in his corner all season until proven otherwise. He's got a good bat and an amazing glove. I just think he's trying to do too much and that's what is causing him to have bad swings when trying to get guys plated.
phatty26
H2SAag said:

I hope Targac proves me wrong. But man, he's really going through it. I also really enjoy the way Kent plays and think his potential is extremely high.

My whole deal with Targac he is a way worse hitter as a righty. I wish he would only bat left.
Someone would need to break down those abs, but the last 5 k's I know are as a righty.
AgBQ-00
AG
He can't bat left. His injury prevents it
ThunderFighter06
AG
Great highlights with a touch of humor at about the 2:13 mark!

jkag89
GeauxTigerAggie said:

Kinda really excited to see States third starter. He can throw 93+ with either arm. He's amphibious.
Boozer92
AG
The glove part of that fascinates me.
histag10
AG
histag10
AG
Aw crap, I'm on the wrong game thread...
Aggies2009
AG
EEEEEEE

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.