Morehead St baseball field.

3,714 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Banned
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Man what Jace and Monty could do at that place.
greg.w.h
AG
Braden would swing from the leftie side of the plate at home if that were our field.
Agsncws
AG
That ball rolls into the left field gap, it might not come back til Monday.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
snowdog90
jmcfar_98 said:

That would not be allowed. The salamanders would be even more endangered.
The Marksman
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

That is the worst thing I have ever seen and should be illegal
jkag89
jmcfar_98 said:

They would be wiping out those poor endangered newts.

EDIT: Rats! Snowdog beat me to it.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Let's schedule a trip there next year!

Also if they're not the Fighting Salamanders I will be very disappointed.
jkag89
Eagles. Booooooooooooring!
ensign_beedrill
AG
jkag89 said:

Eagles. Booooooooooooring!

Ugh. Maybe they should work out a Long Beach State situation where their teams are the Eagles except the baseball team, which are called the Fighting Salamanders!
Cen-Tex
AG
The Marksman said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Worst? Might want to checkout the old Clark Field in Austin
jkag89
Cen-Tex said:

The Marksman said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Worst? Might want to checkout the old Clark Field in Austin
Yep, that thing was unbelievable.
Chrundle the Great
AG
It's even crazier than just that configuration alone.

I looked it up on wiki and the mentioned that the RF wall has "been built much taller to balance it's irregular dimensions"

Not many pictures, but looks like it's just a super tall disjointed net! Imagine trying to play a line drive off that net.

aggiealltheway
AG
greg.w.h said:

Braden would swing from the lefie side of the plate at home if that were our field.

Hell, I'd swing from the left side, too, and I never have!
jkag89
Couple more pics to give an idea about the closeness of the fence and the extra high netting.

W
AG
RF power alley is 335 ft

giving Florida State some ideas
Sean98
AG
Agsncws said:

That ball rolls into the left field gap, it might not come back til Monday.
Their left center gap is just a normal field. It just looks cavernous because of the itty bitty RF
Sean98
AG
There's a Twitter account, if someone can find it, of a guy who did his Master's thesis on unique fields. He's mapped every HS and college ball field in like 20 states. You would be AMAZED at some of them.
MaroonStain
AG
Sean98 said:

There's a Twitter account, if someone can find it, of a guy who did his Master's thesis on unique fields. He's mapped every HS and college ball field in like 20 states. You would be AMAZED at some of them.

Please post link. Do it, do it, do it.
Sean98
AG
Here it is:

https://twitter.com/davehrus

https://davehrus.myportfolio.com/baseball
jah003
S
Sean98 said:

My favorites are the ones where CF fence is like 610 ft.
jbone3515
AG
I played high school baseball in Canyon, TX outside of Amarillo. We played Perryton my junior and senior years. (Home of Mike Hargrove.) Their field had weird dimensions. The right field fence backed up to the main road in town. Right-center was probably 300. They had a lefty that was drafted. He lead the district in home runs, obviously.
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
jbone3515 said:

I played high school baseball in Canyon, TX outside of Amarillo. We played Perryton my junior and senior years. (Home of Mike Hargrove.) Their field had weird dimensions. The right field fence backed up to the main road in town. Right-center was probably 300. They had a lefty that was drafted. He lead the district in home runs, obviously.

Not for nothing, but if this is the available space, why wouldn't you minimize/eliminate everything down the third base line except the dugout, and pull the field towards 6th as much as possible. Everything else could go in the open field on the first base side?
P.U.T.U
AG
One of the Baytown schools we used to play at did one of the high net things in the outfield, just dumb.

Played at a world championship series in little league at a field in Tampa, two poles from power lines were in the field of play. So out of all the fields in Florida they chose that cruddy one?

Also played a city championship in Orange, tornado came through a week before and damaged the bronco field so we played on a smaller field. Lots of home runs that series, was fun as heck unless you were pitching
McInnis
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

It's even crazier than just that configuration alone.

I looked it up on wiki and the mentioned that the RF wall has "been built much taller to balance it's irregular dimensions"

Not many pictures, but looks like it's just a super tall disjointed net! Imagine trying to play a line drive off that net.

If they could build a green monster there like at Fenway then that could actually turn things into a positive. But I'm guessing that the required support structure would need to encroach into the forbidden territory. What they have now is a mess.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Sean98 said:

Wow, looking through those shows there are a fair number of high schools that take neither baseball nor football very seriously (with their weird "combined" fields). Quite the "anti-Texas" of the high school athletics world.
aggielax48
AG
Matt Antonelli - Strangest Field
ensign_beedrill
AG
Can we get the species and a picture of the salamander?
nereus
AG
The salamanders are so rare, we don't even have pictures. They have so far only been seen by 2 amateur environmentalists who unfortunately didn't have their camaras on them at the time: Mr. John Newton, father of 5 left handed sons, and Dr Winston Salazar, father of 8 left handed sons.
Oknows
AG
Looks like a high school field that doubles as a practice field for football. Plenty of those around Texas I assure you.
EFE
AG
Sean98 said:

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/davehrus

https://davehrus.myportfolio.com/baseball

I really hoped St Anthony's weird field with right field that went on forever with its weird off the stone fence rules were included in this
Turf96
Shift over two outfielders to left field for that park? Lol. That field would be hard to play on. Looks like a putt putt golf set up.
The Banned
Gotta be fun recruiting pitchers to a place like that
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.