Gavin Grahovac

7,582 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChemEng94
AggieBB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StinkyPinky said:

caleblyn said:

At the 2nd Georgia game, my son and I sat in the 3rd base lawn and got to be up and close! Crazy that Gavin is only 18 years old! He is HUGE!!! 6'-2" and 220. He been eatin' his chili!!
Not to derail this thread but I quick observation on Binderup. I knew he was 6'6" but seeing him stand at the mound with the team during a pitching discussion he looked like a giant. Especially standing next to Ali, Chetnut, and Appel.
If that dude could get more barrels he'd be a beast. He hit 10 his Sr year of HS, but just hasn't transitioned to hitting SEC pitching (yet).
StinkyPinky
AG
AggieBB said:

StinkyPinky said:

caleblyn said:

At the 2nd Georgia game, my son and I sat in the 3rd base lawn and got to be up and close! Crazy that Gavin is only 18 years old! He is HUGE!!! 6'-2" and 220. He been eatin' his chili!!
Not to derail this thread but I quick observation on Binderup. I knew he was 6'6" but seeing him stand at the mound with the team during a pitching discussion he looked like a giant. Especially standing next to Ali, Chetnut, and Appel.
If that dude could get more barrels he'd be a beast. He hit 10 his Sr year of HS, but just hasn't transitioned to hitting SEC pitching (yet).
When he does, watch out!
The Marksman
AG
I think Blake Binderup as a really nice future here in Aggieland, hopefully Schloss and Earley can really turn him into a big weapon in the offseason
OilAg01
AG
The Marksman said:

I think Blake Binderup as a really nice future here in Aggieland, hopefully Schloss and Earley can really turn him into a big weapon in the offseason
Hope so...next year's team shapes up pretty nicely if he's on. We guaranteed to lose Braden and Burton. Everyone else is eligible to return. I could see us losing Camarillo, Schott and Appel from the starters and maybe some of the guys that are further down on the bench. We're bringing in some nice bats..the Penn kid (Henseler) has 19 bombs.

ChemEng94
AG
Amazing to think that last year we brought in a freshman all-American in Jace and this year we will probably have two: Caden and Gavin.

Schloss and his team can recruit.
Wicked Good Ag
I haven't looked at most of the country but he got a late start in lineup. Do you think he can be a freshman all American ??

He certainly has the numbers in the back half of season to be considered
BoerneGator
AG
Think you answered your own question.
W
AG
yes, the position player recruiting is clearly the main difference between the Schloss era and the prior one

night and day

(for a variety of reasons)
Sq 17
grover1263 said:

Not happening. Schlossnagle loves GG in lead off

Definitely NOT the time to be messing with the batting order
Sean98
AG
That post was from 2 months ago to be fair.
ChemEng94
AG
I assume you are asking if Caden has enough playing time/stats to be an All-American because GG is a lock.

My answer to that is yes. There are very few freshman who make an impact at the D! level, much less in a conference as good as the SEC.

Caden has been spectacular in the field and is hitting over 0.300 with 6 HRs and 30 RBIs. He also leads the team in triples with 5. He has a total of 34 hits, with exactly half being of the extra base variety making his OPS over 1.000.

Rice is having a bad year at the plate, but as a basis for comparison, Caden would be 2nd on the Rice team in average, HRs, and RBIs despite significantly fewer at bats. His OPS would lead the team.

To put it another way, Caden would be Rice's best player. I definitely think that Caden is a freshman All-American.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.