Ryan Targac

5,140 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AggieBB
Bring n WOOD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems to not be seeing the ball/pitches too well at the plate lately….hoping he can pull out of his slump….
BANA89
AG
Bring n WOOD said:

Seems to not be seeing the ball/pitches too well at the plate lately….hoping he can pull out of his slump….

Username does not check out.
He apparently was injured for a while, but seems like a repeat of last year with a few scattered injuries and poor production. Doesn't seem like an exception any more but now has become the norm. I think Schloss is giving him a lot of tries because he is looking for more right handed hitting production here in SEC play first match up purposes.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
HuttoAg27
AG
I know he struck out multiple times... again... but I actually thought his AB's looked better tonight than they have the last week or so, especially on the one where he managed to foul off a few breaking balls instead of whiffing entirely during his 7 pitch at bat. 3 pitch k with the bases loaded was tough to watch, though.
you moran
AG
We hit righties better (good up and down the lineup). Our top guys, including Jace (Jace is actually hitting lefties better than righties) hit lefties but Schott, Burton and Camarillo have a drop off against lefties. Appel is hitting .600 against lefties (and .317 v righties). Kent is hitting lefties at .417 and righties at .231.
you moran
AG
Kent was hitting both going into Florida (.300 against righties) and was put in full time. For whatever reason, the lefty Kent hasn't been hitting the righties since. Limited ABs though. Targac is a switch hitter but so far is .000 against lefties and .250 against righties.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I hate that he is struggling so much. Schloss gave him the 12 for a reason, so I'm continuing to hold on hope he will turn it around at the plate. I thought he looked a lot better at that last AB. He looked like he was pressing quite a lot, and I'm sure he is putting more pressure on himself than anyone else is.
Luke The Drifter
AG
We need to find a way to get Targ about 6 at bats vs. Houston Christian on Tuesday.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Leto Agtreides II
AG
you moran said:

We hit righties better (good up and down the lineup). Our top guys, including Jace (Jace is actually hitting lefties better than righties) hit lefties but Schott, Burton and Camarillo have a drop off against lefties. Appel is hitting .600 against lefties (and .317 v righties). Kent is hitting lefties at .417 and righties at .231.
Where did you get these stats?
tjack16
AG
Bost struggled mightily last year after getting the #12 as well. I hope it's just a coincidence and it probably is.. but I do wonder if they pressed because the pressure of being the representative.
Sean98
AG
This began long before Targac got the #12 unfortunately.
jkag89
tjack16 said:

Bost struggled mightily last year after getting the #12 as well. I hope it's just a coincidence and it probably is.. but I do wonder if they pressed because the pressure of being the representative.
#12 did not effect Troy Claunch one bit.

I guess it can't be the TexAgs baseball board without singling out at least one player to insistently nit pick their level of play and direct ire towards.
McInnis
AG
jkag89 said:

tjack16 said:

I guess it can't be the TexAgs baseball board without singling out at least one player to insistently nit pick their level of play and direct ire towards.

Is there one post on this thread that is directing ire towards a player? I'm not seeing it. I think pretty much everyone here is feeling empathy for Ryan and is pulling for him to get on track.

And moran, where are you getting those L/R splits for our players? I looked on the athletic website and couldn't find them.
tjack16
AG
jkag89 said:

tjack16 said:

I've been very positive on Targac in all the game threads? So not sure where the "ire" is. I was just saying I hope it's not pressure due to the #12.
jkag89
My post was not directly about any on this thread but have you read those on the game threads? Those are the ones in which I'm referring. For example from last night's thread:
Quote:

For the love of baseball...can Targac do anything except strikeout?

[PLEASE FLAG POSTS LIKE THIS. STAFF WILL TAKE CARE OF THE POST AND POSTER. -STAFF]
jkag89
Sorry. That comment was not directed towards you. I probably should have made two posts for my thoughts: one for a response to your comment and a second about the negativity I've seen heaped upon Targac.
McInnis
AG
jkag89 said:

My post was not directly about any on this thread but have you read those on the game threads? Those are the ones in which I'm referring. For example from last night's thread:
Quote:

For the love of baseball...can Targac do anything except strikeout?

Now on that I agree with you. It was uncalled for. It wasn't a serious question and came off as sarcastic.

This forum isn't like the zoo, or even the premium board, and there was a lot of stuff like that there during the P V game. Most regular posters on the baseball forum seem to have real affection for our players and posts like the one you quoted aren't going to be welcomed here.
you moran
AG
I pull them off the Stattracker during games (and at the end of games before they disappear). The 12th man sidearm gametracker. Go to season stats in that thing and scroll.

Every once in a blue moon, there is a glitch, usually right after the game, and the stats are not accurate. Like it doubles the game result in the season numbers as one example. But that's become very, very rare. Just make sure the more common numbers like Jace's HR total for example are correct and you're good. Very rare and will get corrected by the next game.
jkag89
Agree. Most of us regulars defend the players, almost to a fault. They're our guys, we love them. Still there are many who regularly pop up on game threads that seem to see blood in the water and will find a player to criticize ad nauseum. Seen it far to often over the years. The one that comes immediately to mind is Adam Smith whose only crime was not living up to the hype about him.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

I hate that he is struggling so much. Schloss gave him the 12 for a reason, so I'm continuing to hold on hope he will turn it around at the plate. I thought he looked a lot better at that last AB. He looked like he was pressing quite a lot, and I'm sure he is putting more pressure on himself than anyone else is.
He definitely looked like he was trying too hard. I think he turns it around with more at-bats. I've been pretty high on him since he was a freshman.
Wabs
AG
That first AB last night he was definitely pressing. He really wanted to contribute with the bases loaded there and anxiously swung at the first pitches he saw. Second AB was much better. I feel for the guy, I really do, but he should not see any ABs in close games until he shows signs of coming out this funk - and it's been a LONG funk.
tjack16
AG
jkag89 said:

Sorry. That comment was not directed towards you. I probably should have made two posts for my thoughts: one for a response to your comment and a second about the negativity I've seen heaped upon Targac.

I gotcha. No problem.

Every year it seems like one or two players get all the hate from the fans. Drives me crazy. Especially for college baseball where they're playing on a 1/3 scholarship and the NIL deals aren't as lucrative as football.
jkag89
My thoughts exactly. I'll admit I take it more personally with baseball but I've seen it across all the Men's team sports. I've even seen it creep in a bit in soccer and softball.
grover1263
Targac will show up big sometime this year. He is mentally down on himself right now. Schlossnagle is trying to find the right times for him to get AB's and possibly get something positive going. Baseball is hard! Hitting is hard! 90% mental! Be positive with him. Believe me, there is nobody that feels worse then Ryan Targac himself!
McInnis
AG
Unfortunately, we may be at a point now where nothing is going to help except a slump buster thread.
trouble
AG
jkag89 said:

My thoughts exactly. I'll admit I take it more personally with baseball but I've seen it across all the Men's team sports. I've even seen it creep in a bit in soccer and softball.

I take it personally with baseball because I've had the opportunity to meet and interact with so many of our players. Not that I approve of dogging on any other sport.
phatty26
Nobody is attacking him but you can't keep striking out every ab and expect people to not be upset. He's not producing band hasn't since his sophomore year. He's a great kid and why he's 12 but he's killing us when he's in the lineup. If he's hurt sit out but ge doesn't get a steady diet of fastballs anymore.
greg.w.h
AG
phatty26 said:

Nobody is attacking him but you can't keep striking out every ab and expect people to not be upset. He's not producing band hasn't since his sophomore year. He's a great kid and why he's 12 but he's killing us when he's in the lineup. If he's hurt sit out but ge doesn't get a steady diet of fastballs anymore.
Schloss decides. Suck it up buttercup.
phatty26
greg.w.h said:

phatty26 said:

Not sure what you are referring to but ok. You like stirring up stuff where there is nothing.
Agdad081216
Like DH and play second?
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Agdad081216
Hammer is in a slump. Possibly added to it because of his injury. He needs at bats. HE WILL GET PAST IT!! We will be happy when it does.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
greg.w.h
AG
phatty26 said:

greg.w.h said:

phatty26 said:

Not sure what you are referring to but ok. You like stirring up stuff where there is nothing.
Im referring to you saying people like you can be upset about individual player performance. And you're the one stirring up disappointment about a specific athlete, not me.
austinag1997
AG
grover1263 said:

Targac will show up big sometime this year. He is mentally down on himself right now. Schlossnagle is trying to find the right times for him to get AB's and possibly get something positive going. Baseball is hard! Hitting is hard! 90% mental! Be positive with him. Believe me, there is nobody that feels worse then Ryan Targac himself!

He has been hurt. Just needs reps.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Agdad081216 said:

Like DH and play second?

I like the way you think.

Or…he can just play one and we put up about 22 runs in HCU.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
phatty26
greg.w.h said:

phatty26 said:

greg.w.h said:

phatty26 said:

Im referring to you saying people like you can be upset about individual player performance. And you're the one stirring up disappointment about a specific athlete, not me.

Once again learn to read my post as it was covered people in the game thread are attacking him. I said you can't keep striking out expect PEOPLE to not be upset with him. We can all agree he hasn't been the same since his sophomore year.
W
AG
the solution here...

is for Chestnut to get healthy or Jack Bell to step in
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.