Sat game Q

2,244 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sean98
3 20s & a 10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was trying to multitask and missed it - did both benches get warned? If so - what was the situation? Thanks - cooking and had on phone with boil down.
twk
AG
Yes, it appeared both benches were warned after the cuss fight between Early and Jake Gautrau.
SilverTongueDevil
Miss st was trying to be like Tennessee toward the end of the game. We stretched a single into a double. Miss St. first baseman Hines took issue and then mild catfight with our first base coach and their bench coach. I didnt think much of it until Miss St. 1st baseman got called strike 3 to end the game (looked like it was in the zone) and then he got in the face of the home plate umpire. They got their a$$ kicked today and went out like crying little *****ez. I guess they are trying to be the new Tennessee.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Early was hot under the collar, and whatever was said, he had a very hard time getting over it. He was having to be held back.
twk
AG
Something someone said elsewhere I think shed some more light on this. Schloss said in his post-game press conference that MSU "thought we had their pitches." How would that involve Earley, you ask?

Well, I also read elsewhere that one of the problems at Florida in the first two games was that they "had our pitches." And, I can't remember which game this was, but on the TV broadcast, something was said about our first baseman stepping away from the bag between pitches when the pitch selection is radioed through the earpiece, so that the opposition could not hear it. So, putting two and two together, my hunch is that MSU thought Earley was eavesdropping on them and relaying pitches to the hitters.
75AG
AG
Stupid follow-up question because I don't know nuthin: who all on the field has earpieces?
twk
AG
75AG said:

Stupid follow-up question because I don't know nuthin: who all on the field has earpieces?
Everyone, I believe. You saw MSU's pitcher try switching with 3rd baseman when his wasn't working.
Sean98
AG
I actually don't know but the NCAA rules interpretations says that in ear communication is limited to just the catcher so not sure how that would impact 1B?

Edit: guess that's live communication only. Other defensive players could get an audio call but it's pre-recorded I suppose(?).

Quote:

Electronic Communication Devices Rule 5-2-f Note 1.
Interpretations: The use of exclusively one-way electronic communication devices that transmit
pre-recorded message(s) or signals for the purpose of relaying the pitch or play call from the
dugout to the field (to the pitcher or other defensive or offensive players) is permitted. The use of
an in-ear communication device with direct or live audio remains restricted to the defensive
position of catcher.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Earley was really mad. Kept pushing into the umpire leading him away, trying to get back to who he was feuding with. Just makes me think someone had to have said something really bad, because I just think it would take a lot to make him act that way.
two93ags
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Early was hot under the collar, and whatever was said, he had a very hard time getting over it. He was having to be held back.

NGL, the immature sports fan in me kinda wanted to see him throw hands. He was ready to kick someone's ass
trouble
AG
Earley is usually pretty chill so it had to have been something personal and offensive. He's not getting that hot over being accused of stealing signs.
trouble
AG
two93ags said:

Bullpen Chias said:

NGL, the immature sports fan in me kinda wanted to see him throw hands. He was ready to kick someone's ass

I think you know what I would have been encouraging.
ensign_beedrill
AG
twk said:

Something someone said elsewhere I think shed some more light on this. Schloss said in his post-game press conference that MSU "thought we had their pitches." How would that involve Earley, you ask?

Well, I also read elsewhere that one of the problems at Florida in the first two games was that they "had our pitches." And, I can't remember which game this was, but on the TV broadcast, something was said about our first baseman stepping away from the bag between pitches when the pitch selection is radioed through the earpiece, so that the opposition could not hear it. So, putting two and two together, my hunch is that MSU thought Earley was eavesdropping on them and relaying pitches to the hitters.
Ah the old "if I'm losing you must be cheating" argument.
LB12Diamond
AG
You sort of have it right but that's not exactly what happened at Florida.
LB12Diamond
AG
Just happened in the first two games against the gators so it potentially only cost us the one game thankfully.
Agdad081216
Probably still butthurt over B Mont. we have him here not there.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
W
AG
speaking of Montgomery...

my question about yesterday's game (after watching the highlights)...

what strategy was State using in throwing Mongomery belt-high middle-in fastballs?

would recommend pitching him away
dermdoc
AG
two93ags said:

Bullpen Chias said:

I wanted to see a fight. And I have never been called a "mature" sports fan.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Agdad081216
Derm if there's a fight I'm afraid there will call in the national guard. The stands would empty and we would all be in jail.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
swimmerbabe11
I would be absolutely irresponsible if I was in left field and had an ear piece/communication device.
dermdoc
AG
W said:

what strategy was State using in throwing Mongomery belt-high middle-in fastballs?

I doubt if a fastball down the middle was called by Miss State.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

Earley is usually pretty chill so it had to have been something personal and offensive. He's not getting that hot over being accused of stealing signs.
I agree.
Sean98
AG
W said:

To see if he can drive it the other way off the scoreboard?? Oh wait, that's what he did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.