RED AG 98
8:51a, 4/17/24
In reply to you moran
you moran said:

RED AG 98 said:

And we are in the forties!

49 - Bell Rung #1

Hwy 49 in that sliver of East Texas

Looks we still need 52. Looking back on this thread, you even said 128 is the Ag record (not 125), which someone on another thread pointed out. We have 77 so far. Unless I'm missing something.
The official A&M media guide says 125, so that's what I started from. But they mathed incorrectly! There were a few games that were actually recorded incorrectly so I think the real number is 128. For example there's a game vs Mizzou that shows Daylon with 1 HR when he hit 2. There's a postseason HR that was omitted. etc. .. sigh.

In hindsight, I should've counted up rather than down and probably should've make a separate thread... Stupid mistake but I have no idea what to do now that it is verified by the SID that 125 in the media guide is wrong.

Ideas on how to correct from here????
Sea Pony 07
8:55a, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
I think the easiest thing to do is just start the correct count with the next home run and put an explanation on the post until there are no double numbers.
Bondag
9:03a, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

you moran said:

RED AG 98 said:

And we are in the forties!

49 - Bell Rung #1

Hwy 49 in that sliver of East Texas

Looks we still need 52. Looking back on this thread, you even said 128 is the Ag record (not 125), which someone on another thread pointed out. We have 77 so far. Unless I'm missing something.
The official A&M media guide says 125, so that's what I started from. But they mathed incorrectly! There were a few games that were actually recorded incorrectly so I think the real number is 128. For example there's a game vs Mizzou that shows Daylon with 1 HR when he hit 2. There's a postseason HR that was omitted. etc. .. sigh.

In hindsight, I should've counted up rather than down and probably should've make a separate thread... Stupid mistake but I have no idea what to do now that it is verified by the SID that 125 in the media guide is wrong.

Ideas on how to correct from here????

BucketofBalls99
10:30a, 4/17/24
Sorry, wasn't going to sift through the previous 49 pages of this thread…..

Does anyone have pics from the game by chance? Was listening to Brauny on TexAgs and he said how amazed he was at Aor Force when they showed their attention to General Welsh when he through the first pitch. Also, said they saluted during the National Anthem (which is pretty well a given). He also said they respected A&M at the end when the War Hymn was played. Would just like to see some of they are out there.

Thanks
ensign_beedrill
10:32a, 4/17/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

I wonder if the Aggies would ever travel to Colorado Springs for a road series with AF? I guess not but it would be a neat road trip to a beautiful place for our players and a good chance for a bunch of out-of-state Aggies to watch our team.

I wonder how far Jace could hit one at 6,000 ft.?
I wish, but non-conference takes place in February and early March and I just don't think that's the time of year to go play baseball in Colorado. And I don't think we'd go on that long of a trip for a midweek.
RED AG 98
10:34a, 4/17/24
In reply to BucketofBalls99
BucketofBalls99 said:

Does anyone have pics from the game by chance? Was listening to Brauny on TexAgs and he said how amazed he was at Aor Force when they showed their attention to General Welsh when he through the first botch out. Also, said they saluted during the National Anthem (which is pretty well a given). He also said they respected A&M at the end when the War Hymn was played. Would just like to see some of they are out there.

Thanks
Photo Gallery: A patriotic A&M-Air Force ballgame at Blue Bell Park | TexAgs
RED AG 98
10:36a, 4/17/24
Not a dig at the prior poster, but just a general comment: the free baseball content in the stickies is really good and I think is overlooked here. If you don't frequent it you are missing out.
ensign_beedrill
10:40a, 4/17/24
In reply to BucketofBalls99
BucketofBalls99 said:

Does anyone have pics from the game by chance? Was listening to Brauny on TexAgs and he said how amazed he was at Aor Force when they showed their attention to General Welsh when he through the first pitch. Also, said they saluted during the National Anthem (which is pretty well a given). He also said they respected A&M at the end when the War Hymn was played. Would just like to see some of they are out there.

Thanks
Don't have any pics, but when I was listening to the postgame, I noticed that after the War Hymn, the Air Force song was played, which was pretty cool.

Here's the athletic department's photos: https://12thman.com/galleries/baseball/baseball-vs-air-force-4-16/4990
TexAgs photos were already linked.
trouble
10:45a, 4/17/24
In reply to ensign_beedrill
Max and I made one of those. Barely.
Agdad081216
10:46a, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Thank you
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
you moran
10:46a, 4/17/24
Whiteout.

Just start with the correct count on the next one. No big deal. We can explain if anyone asks.

Your countdown after each homer is great and is now game thread tradition. I think our team can get there and this will be awesome as we close in on the record late in the season/post-season.
RED AG 98
10:57a, 4/17/24
I missed this detail on the field last night:
https://12thman.com/galleries/baseball/baseball-vs-air-force-4-16/college-station-tx-april-16-20/4990/176342

BucketofBalls99
12:09p, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Thank you!!
TheBonifaceOption
12:12p, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

I missed this detail on the field last night:
https://12thman.com/galleries/baseball/baseball-vs-air-force-4-16/college-station-tx-april-16-20/4990/176342

Army > AF

It is known.
RED AG 98
12:40p, 4/17/24
Attention: Based on information in the Texas A&M Baseball Media Guide, the home run countdown began this year at 125. That total, however, appears to have been in error, based on actual game logs from the 1999 season. The actual home run total in 1999 was 128, so an adjustment to the countdown must be made. The final home run from yesterday versus Air Force is restated below.

Jack's home run versus Air Force -- his first!!! -- was the 77th of the season for the Ags. (Bonus: we've limited opponents to just 36. Quite impressive!) The revised record from 1999 stands at 128, which means we need 51 to tie the record and 52 to establish a new record. I will restart the count at 51, so the number will be 0 when we tie and will go negative when we pass the record. As an aside, we are just slightly ahead of the 1999 pace and with continued good fortune have a real shot here ...

Without further ado:

51 -- Bell Rung #1

The Marksman
12:41p, 4/17/24
I'm still impressed that we run-ruled a quality AF team without using any of our regular pitchers and while resting one of our best hitters
BadMoonRisin
1:06p, 4/17/24
We had a serious stomach bug going on jn my house last night so I didn't follow the thread and may have missed it in the game.
-- can anyone tell me who the AF players had on the back of their jerseys?

Are they notable alumni of AF academy?
Killzone3abc
1:06p, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
It was Jack's 1st HR not Jett's
Bondag
1:10p, 4/17/24
In reply to BadMoonRisin
BadMoonRisin said:

We had a serious stomach bug going on jn my house last night so I didn't follow the thread and may have missed it in the game.
-- can anyone tell me who the AF players had on the back of their jerseys?

Are they notable alumni of AF academy?

various Air Force bases
BadMoonRisin
1:15p, 4/17/24
In reply to Bondag
Thanks. That's cool.
Ags83
1:28p, 4/17/24

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51][/url]
Area 51 is the common name of a highly classified United States Air Force (USAF) facility within the Nevada Test and Training Range.

It's appropriate that we are correcting the HR total after playing USAFA
RED AG 98
1:44p, 4/17/24
In reply to Killzone3abc
Doh! I said Bell but said the wrong first name. Thank you.
annie88
1:48p, 4/17/24
And I don't think we'd go on that long of a trip for a midweek.

They did.

Yesterday I actually saw the planes coming in for a landing and thought wow, cool planes.
Bondag
2:04p, 4/17/24
In reply to annie88
annie88 said:

They did.

Yesterday I actually saw the planes coming in for a landing and thought wow, cool planes.
Did they come from Dallas or Colorado? They played DBU last weekend.
you moran
3:38p, 4/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Awesome.
Sea Pony 07
4:13p, 4/17/24
In reply to Bondag
I suspect that they came from Dallas
annie88
4:16p, 4/17/24
In reply to Bondag
Bondag said:

annie88 said:

They did.

Now that I don't know. I just saw them coming in as I was going down 1179.
BeowulfShaeffer
4:18p, 4/17/24
In reply to Bondag
Bondag said:

annie88 said:

They did.

The DBU series was in Colorado Springs.
Bondag
4:21p, 4/17/24
In reply to BeowulfShaeffer
BeowulfShaeffer said:

Bondag said:

annie88 said:

They did.

The DBU series was in Colorado Springs.
Silly me assuming thats why we played them mid week.
BeowulfShaeffer
4:29p, 4/17/24
In reply to Bondag
I had wondered the same thing, so I looked it up yesterday--I was surprised to find out that this was a mid-week trip. I'd just assumed they'd stayed over in state from the weekend. But the series was indeed in Colorado.
Ags83
4:31p, 4/17/24
ensign_beedrill said:

McInnis said:

I wonder if the Aggies would ever travel to Colorado Springs for a road series with AF? I guess not but it would be a neat road trip to a beautiful place for our players and a good chance for a bunch of out-of-state Aggies to watch our team.

I wonder how far Jace could hit one at 6,000 ft.?
I wish, but non-conference takes place in February and early March and I just don't think that's the time of year to go play baseball in Colorado. And I don't think we'd go on that long of a trip for a midweek.

Well there are definitely enough Aggies here in the Colorado Springs area and up in the Denver area that we could fill a good portion of their stadium. Never been to a baseball game at the Academy but have been to a football game.
Ags83
4:38p, 4/17/24
February and March can be in the 60's or a foot of snow. Looking at their schedule, they only played three home games in March and the DBU series last weekend and two games against Northern Colorado in the beginning of April. Not a whole lot of home games so far.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 34 of 34
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings