tidbit from a horn site about Schloss

4,540 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by TheBonifaceOption
Caesar4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A horn friend sent me this tidbit of someone's first-hand observation that they posted on a horn site about Schloss (comparing to horn coach Pierce). Pleased me because Schloss seems to be doing things the right way.

Of course, nobody's perfect, but effort/attitude makes a difference.

Quote:

At camp, Schloss was in full uniform, and met every player after they checked in. He was fully engaged and in charge of everything.

UT and Pierce were much more of the "We are UT, you should want to play here," but weren't going to bend over backwards to recruit. Schloss was the opposite.

UT was very arms length and I didn't know a lot of the kids they recruited (and the ones I know are questionable). I knew a lot more of the kids A&M was after.
TexanJeff
AG
Full Uniform… nice

Baseball the only sport the coach matches players, way to own it.
AggieBB
AG
We are damn lucky to have the best coach in college baseball.
third deck
AG
nm
West Point Aggie
AG
"We are UT"…those clowns never change, do they?!
Serious Lee
saw that on surlyhorns and meant to post it, but wasnt sure i was ready to admit i browse that site. heres the rest of the quote.

Quote:

{poster's son} and a couple of teammates were recruited by both UT and A&M. I am not surprised at all at what Schloss has put together so quickly.

Teammate ended up with LSU even though part of family is Aggie. Schloss can be tough too, but he is a relentless recruiter. Pierce and his assistants are not.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Caesar4 said:

A horn friend sent me this tidbit of someone's first-hand observation that they posted on a horn site about Schloss (comparing to horn coach Pierce). Pleased me because Schloss seems to be doing things the right way.

Of course, nobody's perfect, but effort/attitude makes a difference.

Quote:

At camp, Schloss was in full uniform, and met every player after they checked in. He was fully engaged and in charge of everything.

UT and Pierce were much more of the "We are UT, you should want to play here," but weren't going to bend over backwards to recruit. Schloss was the opposite.

UT was very arms length and I didn't know a lot of the kids they recruited (and the ones I know are questionable). I knew a lot more of the kids A&M was after.

I'm sure there is nothing that kids want more than to work incredibly hard at a sport their entire lives just to get boat raced by UTRGV.
BurnetAggie99
TexanJeff said:

Full Uniform… nice

UIL, NCAA, & MLB all have rules that say coaches must wear uniforms. The NCAA rule is NCAA 1-14 Uniforms Section 14.

Also looks good to potential recruits at camps to be in full uniform so Schloss nails that
TheBonifaceOption
BurnetAggie99 said:

TexanJeff said:

Full Uniform… nice

UIL, NCAA, & MLB all have rules that say coaches must wear uniforms. The NCAA rule is NCAA 1-14 Uniforms Section 14.

Also looks good to potential recruits at camps to be in full uniform so Schloss nails that
Aggie Drip
45-70Ag
AG
LB12Diamond
AG
CDC and Sark are best buds per sips. LOL

They have nothing in common. Nothing. CDC knows this unless he's lying to himself every evening when he's wasted.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I had a similar experience in the early 90's with Gus and Gary Ward. Gus was at camp 15-30 minutes on the front and back end, while Ward slid on the tarp one night when we got rained out.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
HoustonAg2106
AG
Schloss will be getting a raise and a commitment on the stadium expansion once the sips offer him
90ags
Like Schloss and hope he's happy here, but he's pushing hard for sellouts (which he believes should be a given) and over-packing the stadium to get a new, larger stadium. He shouldn't have to be telling folks 'fill up the seats and if not using you ticket, give it to someone who'll use it'....coaches shouldn't have to spread that message for a program.

We'll see what the powers that be do about it, but we don't have more money than God as most incorrectly believe (Trev here to cull back some of that just like Bjork hinted some pain and increased prices needed...paying off Jimbo put a dent in the coffers a bit).

If Schloss wins it all this year (hopefully so!!), he'll probably have so much leverage to get what he wants (pay, stadium/field, practice facilities, etc). If he doesn't win it all (but competitive thru the CWS) and we balk on the stadium or extension/raise, he'll tease tu oppty. as negotiating.

Time will tell.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
twk
AG
90ags said:

Like Schloss and hope he's happy here, but he's pushing hard for sellouts (which he believes should be a given) and over-packing the stadium to get a new, larger stadium. He shouldn't have to be telling folks 'fill up the seats and if not using you ticket, give it to someone who'll use it'....coaches shouldn't have to spread that message for a program.

We'll see what the powers that be do about it, but we don't have more money than God as most incorrectly believe (Trev here to cull back some of that just like Bjork hinted some pain and increased prices needed...paying off Jimbo put a dent in the coffers a bit).

If Schloss wins it all this year (hopefully so!!), he'll probably have so much leverage to get what he wants (pay, stadium/field, practice facilities, etc). If he doesn't win it all (but competitive thru the CWS) and we balk on the stadium or extension/raise, he'll tease tu oppty. as negotiating.

Time will tell.
Schloss pushes boundaries on everything. No detail is too small. He changed when we sing the War Hymn. That's the level of detail at which he operates, so telling season ticket holders to send him their unused tickets is not out of character. He's made his point, and gotten a good response.

If you ever see Schloss not pushing, that's when it's time to worry.
Belton Ag
AG
90ags said:

Time will tell.

This may all be true, and I'm not saying you think Schloss might leave, but Schloss would be saying this same stuff no matter where he coaches. I doubt there is a place on Earth that would satisfy him. As others have said, he's relentless.
BBGigem
AG
Had a kid go to camps at A&M, tu, and lsu, not too long ago but before Schloss, and by far the A&M camps were run the best. Credit to Hutch for as he sets them up. But to your point, a lot of credit goes to Schloss for being out front and center and engaging every kid. The sip arrogance was front and center in their camp. Actually, lsu camp was very similar to the sips. Anyway, Schloss knows how to recruit and build good teams. This is a great example of that.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Wow you found a rarity. An objective Longhorn.
ensign_beedrill
AG
No, a coach shouldn't have to do that. But Schloss doesn't have to do that. If you haven't noticed, he's a micromanager. He wants to do that.
Caesar4
AG
Serious Lee said:

saw that on surlyhorns...
Had to google what that, surlyhorns, meant. Wow, that site is a mess...so many ads, poor layout/navigation, and annoyances. And, their fans are indeed surly. Regularly/frequently throwing players under the bus.

I'm ignorant if surly fans are the source of the site name or maybe the site name attracts surly fans.

Either way, that site is atrocious.

annie88
AG
West Point Aggie said:

tu
West Point Aggie
AG
annie88 said:

West Point Aggie said:

tu

I was quoting what was copied from sippy site
Noctilucent
AG
twk said:

90ags said:

Time will tell.
Schloss pushes boundaries on everything. No detail is too small. He changed when we sing the War Hymn. That's the level of detail at which he operates, so telling season ticket holders to send him their unused tickets is not out of character. He's made his point, and gotten a good response.

If you ever see Schloss not pushing, that's when it's time to worry.
Man, I wish I lived there to get some of those tix!
bonfarr
AG
TexanJeff said:

Full Uniform… nice

It is hilarious to think of football coaches dressed up in full players uniform in the same way. Can you imagine seeing Jimbo in pads, pants and jersey standing on the sidelines? Would have looked like something out of Little Giants.
SchizoAg
AG
Caesar4 said:

Serious Lee said:

Had to google what that, surlyhorns, meant. Wow, that site is a mess...so many ads, poor layout/navigation, and annoyances. And, their fans are indeed surly. Regularly/frequently throwing players under the bus.

I'm ignorant if surly fans are the source of the site name or maybe the site name attracts surly fans.

It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Somehow they manage to attract and retain a large contingent of the douchiest (and hence most amusing) sip fans there. Originally it was "shaggybevo.com", but I think Dildoland sent them a cease-and-desist so they had to remove the Bevo and it became "shaggytexas.com". Then I think there was some kind of slapfight between the two owners of the site and "surlyhorns.com" came out of that. I may be missing a few details, but WGAS.
bonfarr
AG
SchizoAg said:

Caesar4 said:

Serious Lee said:

It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Somehow they manage to attract and retain a large contingent of the douchiest (and hence most amusing) sip fans there. Originally it was "shaggybevo.com", but I think Dildoland sent them a cease-and-desist so they had to remove the Bevo and it became "shaggytexas.com". Then I think there was some kind of slapfight between the two owners of the site and "surlyhorns.com" came out of that. I may be missing a few details, but WGAS.

I read some of the trial transcript from the court battle over the name. The plaintiff attorney actually read some of the posts from the site into evidence, amusing stuff.
TheBonifaceOption
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.