This Weekend in the SEC (4/18 - 4/21)
31,874 Views | 468 Replies
dabo man
7:12p, 4/20/24
7-0 Bevo after 6 innings.

Need at least 3 here in the top of the 7th Frogs!!
TheBonifaceOption
7:12p, 4/20/24
9-6 ark final

Ark wins series 2-1
W
7:13p, 4/20/24
it looks like a must win for LSU tomorrow...sitting at 4-13 in the league
W
7:16p, 4/20/24
OU (24-14) seems to have taken control of the Big 12

solidly in 1st place at 14-4

RPI #17

could be a regional host despite the home sweep to Lamar
91AggieLawyer
7:17p, 4/20/24
In reply to dabo man
dabo man said:

LSU 7
Mizzou 8
---------
Top 9
2 outs and no one on
LSU has 3 runs so far this inning

FINAL

Is anyone going to go out and jump off a bridge due to this result?
RED AG 98
7:18p, 4/20/24
In reply to W
W said:

it looks like a must win for LSU tomorrow...sitting at 4-13 in the league
I think the first goal for LSU at this point is to make it Hoover. Second goal would be to then win it.

The other path is to get to within a game of .500 in conference play, which would mean winning 10 or 11 of their final 13.
dabo man
7:19p, 4/20/24
In reply to 91AggieLawyer
LSU is currently sitting 13th in the SEC. They wouldn't make the conference tournament with that position. They had to have been thinking that this was a series they could sweep. Their bullpen is garbage though.
RED AG 98
7:20p, 4/20/24
In reply to W
I agree here. Recent falloff of UCF and Pokes helps them too, and no other teams are any good. Moving into the host bubble.
RED AG 98
7:24p, 4/20/24
Big ol' fat grand slam and bat flip from the Noles.

FSU 5, Wake 1 T3
91AggieLawyer
7:26p, 4/20/24
In reply to W
W said:

OU (24-14) seems to have taken control of the Big 12

solidly in 1st place at 14-4

RPI #17

could be a regional host despite the home sweep to Lamar

If they go by pure RPI, which is unlikely, but OU's only chance at a host, UCSB will likely get it over OU. There's very few potential west coast regional sites.

With that said, they may go by who won more football national championships in the '70s.
missinAggieland
7:28p, 4/20/24
In reply to dabo man
dabo man said:

LSU is currently sitting 13th in the SEC. They wouldn't make the tournament with that position. They had to have been thinking that this was a series they could sweep. Their bullpen is garbage though.

Remaining SEC series Auburn, A&M, Bama, & Ole Miss

Do they break 0.500 with these remaining series? Tough ask.
TheBonifaceOption
7:37p, 4/20/24
91AggieLawyer said:

dabo man said:

LSU 7
Mizzou 8
---------
Top 9
2 outs and no one on
LSU has 3 runs so far this inning

FINAL

Is anyone going to go out and jump off a bridge due to this result?
idah fawl dun keel ya, da swamp pup'ees weyill
RED AG 98
7:48p, 4/20/24
In reply to missinAggieland
missinAggieland said:

dabo man said:

LSU is currently sitting 13th in the SEC. They wouldn't make the tournament with that position. They had to have been thinking that this was a series they could sweep. Their bullpen is garbage though.

Remaining SEC series Auburn, A&M, Bama, & Ole Miss

Do they break 0.500 with these remaining series? Tough ask.

Will be nearly impossible for them as it would require winning 11 of 13 remaining games
TheBonifaceOption
8:51p, 4/20/24
I feel like a sub.500 SEC team has made the tournament before.

Especially with a strong SECT showing.
W
8:55p, 4/20/24
TCU falls to 8-12 in the league

stuck in 11th place

critical game tomorrow
W
8:57p, 4/20/24
if LSU can get to 13-17, they will have a shot at an at-large

will need to win the series vs. A&M to boost their resume
AgEng06
8:59p, 4/20/24
Do we want Wake or FSU to win this game? Or do we care?
ADJME7002
9:02p, 4/20/24
Wake, so they don't end up partnered with us for a super regional. That's a dangerous "teen" seed
ftworthag02
9:06p, 4/20/24
In reply to W
Only 10 teams in the bdf tournament?
Sean98
9:16p, 4/20/24
In reply to TheBonifaceOption
TheBonifaceOption said:

I feel like a sub.500 SEC team has made the tournament before.

Especially with a strong SECT showing.
Those sub .500 records, usually 14-16, very rarely 13-17, typically have very good RPIs though. L$U is hovering around 50 in the RPI. They need to will 10 of 13 minimum IMO.
Sean98
9:18p, 4/20/24
In reply to ftworthag02
ftworthag02 said:

Only 10 teams in the bdf tournament?
Yep.

----

The 2024 Championship, which features an increase to 10 teams in a modified double-elimination format, is the third consecutive season Globe Life Field has served as the backdrop to the event and the fifth time (2002, 2004) Arlington has served as host.
missinAggieland
9:21p, 4/20/24
In reply to TheBonifaceOption
They have, but Ole Miss had a strong showing in the SEC tournament that year.

LSU has 4 wins right now, so the question may actually be will they make the SEC tournament? Or how many wins do they need to be in the field in Hoover?
dabo man
9:28p, 4/20/24
Only ten teams, but I'm sure that they'll fill The Hibachi In Arlington...
dabo man
9:28p, 4/20/24
And Florida St and Wake are tied at 7 in the top of the 8th.
AgEng06
9:32p, 4/20/24
In reply to dabo man
And Wake just walked the first 2 batters.
dabo man
9:35p, 4/20/24
I know people don't want Wake coming to Olsen in a Super, but I don't want Florida St. I'd prefer not to have to look at their all crimson unis again.

EDIT - And another walk. Yeskie join the Wake Forest staff after LSU's loss today?
AgEng06
9:35p, 4/20/24
In reply to AgEng06
AgEng06 said:

And Wake just walked the first 2 batters.

Then a reliever comes in and walks the next batter. Bases loaded, no outs.
91AggieLawyer
9:39p, 4/20/24
In reply to dabo man
dabo man said:

I know people don't want Wake coming to Olsen in a Super, but I don't want Florida St. I'd prefer not to have to look at their all crimson unis again.

EDIT - And another walk. Yeskie join the Wake Forest staff after LSU's loss today?

As of now, FSU would be looking at a 5-9 type seed while we're in the 1-4 range. Obviously, that could change, but Wake would be more along the 12-16 range IF they made a national seed at all. Which means, AS OF NOW, there's a far higher probability we'd be matched up against Wake in the Supers.

We still have a month.
aginlakeway
9:42p, 4/20/24
91AggieLawyer said:

dabo man said:

As of now, FSU would be looking at a 5-9 type seed while we're in the 1-4 range. Obviously, that could change, but Wake would be more along the 12-16 range IF they made a national seed at all. Which means, AS OF NOW, there's a far higher probability we'd be matched up against Wake in the Supers.

We still have a month.

Sidenote: 7 of those top 16 seeds lost in regionals last year.
dabo man
9:45p, 4/20/24
Wake is playing in an old Carolina League stadium that was home to the Winston-Salem Dash from 1956-2009. All of that history, and they've made it into one of those no dirt monstrosities. And their fake dirt is this ass ugly beige/khaki color.
W
9:48p, 4/20/24
part of TCU's problem...

they are behind Tech (10-9), KState (9-8), and UCF (8-10) in the standings

right now those three are the likely 4th, 5th, and 6th teams/bids for the Big 12

the Frogs (and the sips) need the committee to take 7 teams -- which is not a given
RED AG 98
9:59p, 4/20/24
In reply to dabo man
Back from a very wet dinner. Probably 1/3" or more since I said it hadn't rained today. But yes that field is an atrocity.

I feel like the SEC and ACC should be able to mandate dirt infield and mound at a minimum. Ideally the SEC would mandate natural grass and real dirt.
RED AG 98
10:00p, 4/20/24
FSU CF totally lost that one
RED AG 98
10:02p, 4/20/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Speaking of fake field atrocities -- that play right there is 100% on this fake field. Since there is no dirt on the warning track, the field has an incline that ate up the CF and he stumbles into the wall. Should have been easy 3rd out.
91AggieLawyer
10:07p, 4/20/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

91AggieLawyer said:

dabo man said:

We still have a month.

Sidenote: 7 of those top 16 seeds lost in regionals last year.

The average number of top 16 seeds that make the CWS since they went to seeding 16 is about 5.5. Since then, the most likely seed that gets there is the number 5 followed by 2.

The thing is, that I could easily see us, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tenn as 4 of the top 5 seeds (in whatever order). Then teams like Vandy, UGa, and some other SEC team mixed in the bottom 5 -- with 2 or 3 SEC vs. SEC matchups in the Supers.

Again, things could change DRASTICALLY. Virginia is a team to keep an eye on.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 12 of 14
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings