To you old timers.
3,460 Views | 31 Replies
HogsSmellGood
8:33a, 4/20/24
I'm very happy to see A&M where they should be! Your fan base deserves nothing less than being elite.

I came here in 2011 just for the entertainment of the smack directed at tu. I quickly settled here in your baseball board. The jkag posts are pure gold!! Hope he keeps it coming.
Right now A&M the projected #1 seed, Arkansas the two. Hopefully we can both stay in the top three so as to avoid each other until deep into the post season.
Hopefully both teams stay injury free and meet up in Omaha. Good luck the rest of the way.

dermdoc
8:35a, 4/20/24
In reply to HogsSmellGood
HogsSmellGood said:

I'm very happy to see A&M where they should be! Your fan base deserves nothing less than being elite.

I came here in 2011 just for the entertainment of the smack directed at tu. I quickly settled here in your baseball board. The jkag posts are pure gold!! Hope he keeps it coming.
Right now A&M the projected #1 seed, Arkansas the two. Hopefully we can both stay in the top three so as to avoid each other until deep into the post season.
Hopefully both teams stay injury free and meet up in Omaha. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks. And looks like the Arkansas/Ag series at the end of the season will be epic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieZUUL
8:35a, 4/20/24
HogsSmellGood said:

That's Oldtimer w/Cheese to you, good sir.

Randy Rhodes
8:39a, 4/20/24
Is A&M gonna keep scoring double figures the rest of the way? If so, this is boring
ensign_beedrill
8:58a, 4/20/24
In reply to AggieZUUL
Rest in Peace, Chili's.
They've gone way downhill.
twk
9:41a, 4/20/24
I hope A&M and the Hogs end up 1-2, in some order, because it would be a shame if we had to play in the tournament before the final.
SBDavis87
12:09p, 4/20/24
No one ever talks about Kentucky.
??
Sea Pony 07
12:11p, 4/20/24
In reply to ensign_beedrill
ensign_beedrill said:

Rest in Peace, Chili's.
They got rid of what I liked years ago on the menu.
ensign_beedrill
12:31p, 4/20/24
In reply to SBDavis87
SBDavis87 said:

??
And it's weird. They have the best conference record at 15-1. Yet A&M and Arkansas are still ranked ahead of them? They just beat Tennessee last night, so are continuing to roll.

Arkansas does play Kentucky in a few weeks, so that'll be a good series to keep an eye on. We don't have Kentucky this year, which is a little bit of a shame... I'd like to see that series!
McInnis
12:42p, 4/20/24
Here's an old timer that still hasn't forgotten what happened to our football team in Fayetteville in '75!
The Marksman
12:52p, 4/20/24
In reply to SBDavis87
SBDavis87 said:

??
Because they aren't as good as us or Arky
aeon-ag
12:54p, 4/20/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

Here's an old timer that still hasn't forgotten what happened to our football team in Fayetteville in '75!
Same here. Emory and that damned wishbone and Shipman as quarterback. Bad combination
twk
1:03p, 4/20/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

It was Little Rock
McInnis
1:07p, 4/20/24
In reply to twk
twk said:

McInnis said:

It was Little Rock

Dang. You remember it better than I do. You have my sympathies.
CEAg78
1:44p, 4/20/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

Why did you bring that up? I have struggled to suppress that.
Martin Cash
1:48p, 4/20/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

I was running around Fort Hood in an M60 that day, listening to the disaster!
annie88
1:56p, 4/20/24
I'm starting to really embrace the old timers thing. There's just some thing about getting to nearly 60 that starts to embrace all the memories and ups and downs, and to an understanding of Aggie sports for decades.

The good, the bad and the ugly. And we've seen all of it.
SBDavis87
2:13p, 4/20/24
In reply to The Marksman
The Marksman said:

SBDavis87 said:

??
Because they aren't as good as us or Arky
Looking at the D1 stats online, they only lead A&M/Arkansas in one category - stolen bases.
I don't understand how neither their pitching, hitting, or defense/fielding is leading or in the top 50 and yet they are winning so many games both overall and in the SEC.

How are they doing this?
greg.w.h
2:55p, 4/20/24
In reply to SBDavis87
Only stat that truly matters is whether run differential is + or ~ at the end of the gameā€¦
3:47p, 4/20/24
Booked our tickets and hotel in omaha earlier this week. The chances of either the wife's hogs or our Ags making it there seems like a good bet. Obviously we'll have a blast even if neither team makes it.
Joe Schillaci 48
8:15a, 4/22/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

twk said:

McInnis said:

It was Little Rock

Dang. You remember it better than I do. You have my sympathies.
I am still undergoing therapy for BAS because of that game.
dcg4403
8:20a, 4/22/24
HogsSmellGood said:

I personally am far more fearful of TN Vols than Arky. Hopefully TN and Arky remain in opposite brackets till final four....if that could even ever happen.

Feel we can out hit Arky "elite" pitching. But TN has more hitting strength than even Ags. That is scary!!
LincolnBorglum79
8:31a, 4/22/24
A group of us went back in 1976 for revenge sitting in section 12 in about 12 degree weather and watched the Texas Aggies destroy the Razorbacks, with most of the hog fans leaving at halftime. Both the 1975 and 1976 teams were among the best Texas Aggie teams in history. I'm pretty sure all 11 starters on the Defense on the 1975 team were drafted in the NFL.
12thMan9
9:09a, 4/22/24
In reply to LincolnBorglum79
Why did we play at Arky back to back? Because of the entrance of UH in '76?
Ronnie '88
Caesar4
9:20a, 4/22/24
In reply to Sea Pony 07
Sea Pony 07 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Rest in Peace, Chili's.
They got rid of what I liked years ago on the menu.
Terlingua Pride burger (Chilli's, late 70s) was pretty dang good.
twk
9:21a, 4/22/24
In reply to 12thMan9
12thMan9 said:

Why did we play at Arky back to back? Because of the entrance of UH in '76?
Yes
Sean98
9:23a, 4/22/24
In reply to dcg4403
dcg4403 said:

HogsSmellGood said:

I personally am far more fearful of TN Vols than Arky. Hopefully TN and Arky remain in opposite brackets till final four....if that could even ever happen.

Feel we can out hit Arky "elite" pitching. But TN has more hitting strength than even Ags. That is scary!!
I don't think they really do. Their ballpark is small and plays even smaller. If you look at their historic home road splits it tells a different story. Not saying they can't hit, because they can, but I'd guess we have another 15-20 balls we've hit this year that would be out in Knox. I don't think that helps them in Omaha.

Their pitching is good, not great (like ours) so it would be a fun slugfest.
fightintxaggie10
9:54a, 4/22/24
In reply to ensign_beedrill
ensign_beedrill said:

Rest in Peace, Chili's.

This is true, but the 3 for 10.99 deal is awesome, and the Oldtimer with Cheese is still delicious.

This thread belongs to Chilis now.
12Power
11:05a, 4/22/24
I've got tickets for the first Arky game on a Thursday night. Hopefully it is not a repeat of the first game of the 1989 series battle. 1:30 a.m. is way past my bedtime these days.
fightintxaggie10
11:51a, 4/22/24
This is the season of Bacon and Ags
LeftyAg89
11:55a, 4/22/24
I see what you did there!
Eso si, Que es
1:20p, 4/22/24
In reply to twk
twk said:

I hope A&M and the Hogs end up 1-2, in some order, because it would be a shame if we had to play in the tournament before the final.
If one of us is the 1 seed then the other can be 2, 3, 6, 7 seed and never meet until the championship. That is something to keep an eye on when they hand out seeds.

Last year the best teams in SEC were seeded 2, 3, 5, 6 meaning 2,3,6 all will battle it out with LSU at 5 seed and not have to play another SEC national seed. Obviously 2 and 5 met for an All SEC Championship game. It is difficult to sprinkle SEC teams throughout the bracket to try and avoid super regional matchups since there are typically so many teams selected but it is interesting to watch and see how the top SEC teams are seeded and how many SEC teams they have to go through to win.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings