Aschenbeck question?
4,304 Views | 44 Replies
Serious Lee
11:44a, 4/22/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

https://texags.com/s/58914/jim-schlossnagles-aggies-return-to-blue-bell-to-host-houston-georgia/25

He answers all of the questions.
great interview. he knows what most are thinking so these are all valid questions.
we've got a month to get wansing ready for postseason. hope that can happen, think thats when we need him.
Decay
11:49a, 4/22/24
Okay that is insane. "If we can't do X then we don't deserve to win the series" ...WE WON THE SERIES DUDE. Argue tactics all you want but that's childish.
MMantle
2:38p, 4/22/24
Maybe Coach has already answered this.

Why didn't he use Aschenbeck for maybe, 20 pitches Saturday ?

Aschenbeck (34 pitches), Sdao (50 pitches) and Cortez (43 pitches) all pitched on Friday.

He used Sdao (11 pitches) and Cortez (19 pitches) on Saturday, why not Aschenbeck, instead of Wilson?

RR
twk
2:41p, 4/22/24
In reply to MMantle
MMantle said:

Aschenbeck (34 pitches), Sdao (50 pitches) and Cortez (43 pitches) all pitched on Friday.

He used Sdao (11 pitches) and Cortez (19 pitches) on Saturday, why not Aschenbeck, instead of Wilson?

RR
He didn't answer it in that fashion (why not Aschenbeck rather than Wilson), but he did say why he used Wilson. They've been wanting to get him in and develop another left handed option out of the bullpen. He had some tough luck so it didn't work out. I can't blame the coach for playing the long game. We may well need Wilson down the line.
SchizoAg
2:59p, 4/22/24
In reply to FTAG 2000
FTAG 2000 said:

We weren't up nine when we put him in, for starters.

Second, Schloss said he didnt think they would play on Saturday due to weather so he was going for the series clinch.

Can't believe people are pouting about this.
People are not "pouting". We are having a cordial, adult conversation. Why is that so hard for you to tolerate?
LB12Diamond
3:12p, 4/22/24
Schloss stated he put Asch in at that time bc he had just heard that there's a good chance bad weather was going to stop the game soon. Then of course that did not happen. Once they got the big lead he was planning on pulling him but then changed his mind on how things unfolded and also think there was a good chance they don't play the next day.

Pretty much all his decisions were based on making sure he used Asch.
aginlakeway
3:14p, 4/22/24
In reply to LB12Diamond
LB12Diamond said:

Schloss stated he put Asch in at that time bc he had just heard that there's a good chance bad weather was going to stop the game soon. Then of course that did not happen. Once they got the big lead he was planning on pulling him but then changed his mind on how things unfolded and also think there was a good chance they don't play the next day.

Pretty much all his decisions were based on making sure he used Asch.

Correct. And weather related.
ensign_beedrill
4:43p, 4/22/24
In reply to twk
twk said:

MMantle said:

RR
He didn't answer it in that fashion (why not Aschenbeck rather than Wilson), but he did say why he used Wilson. They've been wanting to get him in and develop another left handed option out of the bullpen. He had some tough luck so it didn't work out. I can't blame the coach for playing the long game. We may well need Wilson down the line.
He even said it was a good thing that could come out of this loss, Kaiden getting that experience.
Mark Fairchild
5:03p, 4/22/24
Well, I know one thing for sure, I know why he's In the dugout, and I am in my office on my computer. So glad that he is at the helm of AGGIE Baseball.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BoerneGator
6:40p, 4/22/24
I think perhaps looking back, Schloss might wish he'd reversed Kaiden Wilson's and Sarge's roles (which perhaps is what the OP was alluding to). Doing so would not necessarily have jeopardized our chances to win game two, since Sarge was still available to "finish" game 2, AND, perhaps available if needed for game 3.

Discussing here various scenarios in no way reflects poorly on Schloss, who continues to enjoy my utmost confidence!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings