UGA pitching

1,681 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by RED AG 98
borrego29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With UGA going 15 innings yesterday, did they use any of their weekend starters?

Wondering if we have any kind of advantage in that regard, or if there are enough days in between for rest and recovery...
aeroag14
AG
I think they used a couple of weekend guys in short stints. But we used Aschenbeck on tuesday as well. So call it a wash
Fquin
AG
Using Asch on a Tuesday in no way affects a Friday, Saturday, Sunday series. It's like a bullpen session.
The Marksman
AG
The only thing I know about UGA pitching is that they are going to surrender a whole lot of runs to the Aggies this weekend
W
AG
Georgia is 25-3 at home

but 3-7 on the road

2-7 in SEC play
RED AG 98
AG
They pitched 10 guys and total of 249 pitches!, but none went more than 2.2 innings. Most were in the 20-40 pitch range. Looking down their box scores, most of their weekend guys threw at least some but was clearly a staff game.

Charlie Goldstein threw 2.0 and 24; he's been their Friday ace for most of the season, up until 3/29. He didn't pitch again until last Saturday 4/20 due to shoulder soreness, when he also threw 2.0 and 24.

Jarvis Evans has been their Saturday guy (Fridays in April) and he threw 22.

Mracna, their Sunday starter, also threw 14 pitches in this game.
RED AG 98
AG
Update: the UGA series preview says the Bulldogs are going with Finley, Hoskins, and TBA, which means the Friday ace Goldstein is still working back from his shoulder fatigue. I thought he might be a named starter this week since he pitched both Saturday and Tuesday. I still expect we see him but even if we do it will likely be a short outing.

FRI - Finley, Soph, RHP, 3-1, 5.27 ERA
Finley has 10 appearances this year, all starts. Looks to consistently go 4-5 innings, doesn't walk folks much and has decent strikeout numbers (42 IP, 13 BB, 36 K). He has given up 46 H and 30 R in those 42.2 innings though.

SAT - Hoskins, Soph, RHP, 0-0, 0.00
Hoskins is just coming off TJ. Last Saturday versus Ole Miss was his first appearance back. He pitched the 1st inning only (17 pitches) and had 1 K and 1 BB. Looks like he is on a strict count.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.