Weather heads up
8,123 Views | 76 Replies
Biggame12
8:32a, 4/26/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

They usually don't clear it but it's also not usually expected to be packed.
they will absolutely clear it. You will need Sunday tickets to get into the second game. That's what they use the 45 minute intermission for.
trouble
8:37a, 4/26/24
In reply to Biggame12
Biggame12 said:

trouble said:

they will absolutely clear it. You will need Sunday tickets to get into the second game. That's what they use the 45 minute intermission for.

I didn't say they won't. I said they usually don't. I've been to multiple DHers at Olsen that were due to weather and they didn't clear it.

Given the expected crowds for this weekend, I think they'll have to clear it.
Biggame12
8:41a, 4/26/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Biggame12 said:

trouble said:

I didn't say they won't. I said they usually don't. I've been to multiple DHers at Olsen that were due to weather and they didn't clear it.

Given the expected crowds for this weekend, I think they'll have to clear it.
Before Schloss and this quality of team, they just hoped to have people in the stands on Sunday. I love the frenzy for TIX that Jim has created!!!
ensign_beedrill
9:41a, 4/26/24
In reply to Biggame12
Biggame12 said:

trouble said:

I've been to many double headers and they have never cleared it before. Not saying they won't this time, because it's a little different situation with Aggie baseball being such a hot ticket lately. But you can't say that they absolutely will.

I don't think 45 minutes is enough time to completely clear the stadium and let everyone back in. Will need longer than that if they clear it.
ensign_beedrill
9:42a, 4/26/24
Maybe they should treat it like a train. Where you just stay in the stadium and people come around checking your tickets to make sure you're legit.
AggieFromArkansas
9:43a, 4/26/24
Anyone heard if the call was made to Birmingham yet?
Biggame12
9:53a, 4/26/24
In reply to ensign_beedrill
ensign_beedrill said:

Biggame12 said:

trouble said:

I've been to many double headers and they have never cleared it before. Not saying they won't this time, because it's a little different situation with Aggie baseball being such a hot ticket lately. But you can't say that they absolutely will.

I don't think 45 minutes is enough time to completely clear the stadium and let everyone back in. Will need longer than that if they clear it.
They absolutely will..
twk
9:54a, 4/26/24
ensign_beedrill said:

Biggame12 said:

trouble said:

There will be a lot of folks who bought Sunday tickets who can't make it Saturday. That's what they would be counting on if they decide not to clear the park. It's always worked out in the past. Will it work this weekend? We might find out.
trouble
9:55a, 4/26/24
In reply to AggieFromArkansas
AggieFromArkansas said:

Anyone heard if the call was made to Birmingham yet?

I would expect it this afternoon. They want to give the forecast as long as possible to shift
ThunderFighter06
10:26a, 4/26/24
TheBonifaceOption
10:32a, 4/26/24
In reply to ThunderFighter06
ThunderFighter06 said:

"Coach signaled a sacfly, it just flew 500 ft."
tamc93
10:35a, 4/26/24
So does this mean the infield fly rule will not be in effect?
ThunderFighter06
10:38a, 4/26/24
In reply to tamc93
tamc93 said:

So does this mean the infield fly rule will not be in effect?
Maybe just for sacrifice bunts that get inadvertently popped up!
nickgeist7
10:43a, 4/26/24
So if the Sunday game is moved to Saturday as a doubleheader, does anyone know if the parking pass I bought via Stubhub will be valid for Saturday as well? It's a Lot 100 pass.
tamc93
10:49a, 4/26/24
In reply to nickgeist7
I would assume so, but I also did not know you could buy parking passes on stubhub.

People making money all the time. $5 parking going for $18+
Scooley01
10:49a, 4/26/24
ThunderFighter06 said:

Someone should warn folks inside the rec in case a window gets blasted
Kbeauty63
11:04a, 4/26/24
In reply to nickgeist7
nickgeist7 said:

So if the Sunday game is moved to Saturday as a doubleheader, does anyone know if the parking pass I bought via Stubhub will be valid for Saturday as well? It's a Lot 100 pass.
Lot 100 Reed or 100J? FWIW - you have to have the physical pass - a picture won't work.
HoustonAg2106
11:10a, 4/26/24
If there is a DH on Saturday does that mean the 2:00 game gets moved to like 11 or 12?
trouble
11:14a, 4/26/24
In reply to HoustonAg2106
No way to know yet. The forecast looks pretty good for either morning/afternoon or afternoon/evening games.
aggies_2001
11:19a, 4/26/24
In reply to nickgeist7
If you buy parking on stubhub, make sure you are getting the actual paper permit. They won't take a photo or screenshot.
ensign_beedrill
11:27a, 4/26/24
In reply to aggies_2001
aggies_2001 said:

If you buy parking on stubhub, make sure you are getting the actual paper permit. They won't take a photo or screenshot.
Also make sure it is for 100j. If you spend more than $5 on a pass for 100 a-g, you are being ripped off.
dermdoc
11:29a, 4/26/24
In reply to nickgeist7
nickgeist7 said:

That means they would have to clear the parking lots too. Sounds iffy to me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capitol Ag
11:33a, 4/26/24
Can we still park in the West campus outdoor parking area north of the rec center? I have been doing that for a few years and realize that now they have a guy charging there (used to be free), but it was always my go to parking area.
ensign_beedrill
11:44a, 4/26/24
In reply to Capitol Ag
The one across the street from West Campus Garage?

No. That one is cordoned off now. Apparently there will be construction there in the future, but it's been roped off for months and nothing is happening. Why can't it be used for parking in the mean time? Don't know.

I used to park there when it was free, too, but they've been charging at that lot for a few years now.
Capitol Ag
12:13p, 4/26/24
ensign_beedrill said:

No. That one is cordoned off now. Apparently there will be construction there in the future, but it's been roped off for months and nothing is happening. Why can't it be used for parking in the mean time? Don't know.

I used to park there when it was free, too, but they've been charging at that lot for a few years now.
Yup. Thanks the one. So where do folks without a parking pass park now?
Kbeauty63
12:16p, 4/26/24
In reply to Capitol Ag
Capitol Ag said:

ensign_beedrill said:

you pay $5 & park at Reed
tamc93
12:17p, 4/26/24
Also suggest parking on the North side of Reed. Everyone usually goes to the south and ends up walking from the softball fields.
91AggieLawyer
12:59p, 4/26/24
Quote:

Tornados, Tropical Storms and Heat!

I'll give you the first two, but the highest temp listed is 87. That ain't heat. Maybe a little early in the year, but in College Station, that's mild. For anyone that ever had to park on the old Fish lot in the summer and came back to his car mid-afternoon, I'll tell you about heat.
Capitol Ag
1:02p, 4/26/24
In reply to Kbeauty63
Kbeauty63 said:

Capitol Ag said:

ensign_beedrill said:

you pay $5 & park at Reed
Awesome! Thank you!
Randy Rhodes
2:07p, 4/26/24
Has there ever been a triple header?
HoustonAg2106
3:20p, 4/26/24
When will we know what the deal is tomorrow?
trouble
3:21p, 4/26/24
Probably sometime this evening.
Randy Rhodes
4:13p, 4/26/24
It's looking good for tonight and two tomorrow
aTm 99
4:26p, 4/26/24
HoustonAg2106 said:

If there is a DH on Saturday does that mean the 2:00 game gets moved to like 11 or 12?
That's what they did for the Alabama game that was postponed from Friday to Saturday. Saturday game was originally scheduled for 2pm I believe and they started the first game at 11am and the second game starts 45 minutes after the first one finishes.
Bondag
4:27p, 4/26/24
In reply to aTm 99
aTm 99 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

That's what they did for the Alabama game that was postponed from Friday to Saturday. Saturday game was originally scheduled for 2pm I believe and they started the first game at 11am and the second game starts 45 minutes after the first one finishes.

That was due to expected weather on Saturday
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off