Sunday Starter TBA

1,347 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Agdad081216
The Marksman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Not a big surprise
Wabs
AG
Sdao or Cortez, depending on who may be needed Fri or Sat.
twk
AG
Wabs said:

Or Lamkin if we use both of those guys in the first two games.
Killzone3abc
AG
I suggest yall listen to Schloss' segment from the radio this morning. He made it clear Lamkin was slated to start Sunday, but they aren't sure if he'll feel ready if Saturday is a double header.
powerbelly
AG
twk said:

Wabs said:

Or Lamkin if we use both of those guys in the first two games.
I think it will be Lamkin.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Was it Moss that was decent on Sunday? Perhaps they can string together two or three innings each out of Lamkin and Moss and close with Sdao or Cortez depending on their need for Fri/Sat.

Condon worries me.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
SchizoAg
AG
Killzone3abc said:

I suggest yall listen to Schloss' segment from the radio this morning. He made it clear Lamkin was slated to start Sunday, but they aren't sure if he'll feel ready if Saturday is a double header.

Are you talking about this?
TexAgs Radio said:

On Tuesday, we weren't auditioning Justin Lamkin to pitch out of the bullpen. We want to remind him that every inning is a one-inning save. Sometimes, when you put a guy into a starting mode, he eases into it. Moss brings his best stuff out of the gate. We just wanted to do that to remind Lamkin to bring his best stuff. He was throwing harder on Tuesday. Now we'll have to see how he reacts and how he feels. That was a move to remind Justin just how good he is, and I think we'll benefit from it long-term. We had to try something different to get him going.
Doesn't mention anything about him not starting Sunday.

Edit: Reading into it, he could be thinking of starting Moss.
Gyles Marrett
Wabs said:

Hot take here...but I'd say we are 2-0 if we haven't needed to use both at some point through 2 games.
trouble
AG
Schloss has mentioned several times that he doesn't plan to move CC from the reliever spot he's in
Killzone3abc
AG
I don't read the writes ups usually I listen to the segment.

"If I'd had know we may not play Sunday and have to play 2 Saturday may not have done it. So now we'll just have to see how he reacts to that how he feels."

He was very clear in the segment that Lamkin's relief outing was to remind Lamkin how good he is not to move him from the starting rotation. Moss will likely start our next midweek given Schloss' comments the past few days in interviews, but I highly doubt he'll start him in game 3 unless Lamkin is unable to go.
Agdad081216
Listening to Schloss sounds like CC gets in his own head when he starts.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
trouble
AG
Agreed.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm terrified that the coach of the #1 team in the nation has no clue what to do on Sunday if it turns into Saturday!!!
SchizoAg
AG
Might want to see a psychiatrist
HoustonAg2106
AG
Agdad081216 said:

Listening to Schloss sounds like CC gets in his own head when he starts.

Being a starter and coming out of the pen are two very different mindsets and some perform better in one over the other
Agdad081216
I agree. Look in the MLB same thing. The old saying If it ain't broke don't fix it. Leave CC alone.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.