Shewmake update
2,703 Views | 18 Replies
ag0207
12:52p, 4/25/24
Looks like Shewmake is doing ok with the White Sox. Nice heads up play.

https://sports.yahoo.com/watch-white-sox-braden-shewmake-060404927.html
VegasAg86
1:13p, 4/25/24
In reply to ag0207
Still love that guy. Thanks for the update.
greg.w.h
1:20p, 4/25/24
Bas throws are errors but still cool!!!
Gyles Marrett
1:36p, 4/25/24
He looked a lot like Benny the Jet Rodriguez
Frere Jacques
2:43p, 4/25/24
In reply to Gyles Marrett
If Benny The Jet and Kirk Fox…
VegasAg86
2:57p, 4/25/24
In reply to greg.w.h
greg.w.h said:

There were no errors recorded and he got two stolen bases.
greg.w.h
3:02p, 4/25/24
In reply to VegasAg86
VegasAg86 said:

greg.w.h said:

There were no errors recorded and he got two stolen bases.
Nice.
HJack20
3:10p, 4/25/24
Man it's been hard being a Sox fan this year. Reallllly tough year so far. But it's nice to see Shewmake play
Corporal Punishment
4:41p, 4/25/24
ChiSox are 3-22 so far this season. They're like the anti-Aggies of baseball. Hideous.
bulverdeaggie93
5:33p, 4/25/24
sat with Chris Getz (White Sox VP and General Mgr) on a flight out of Chicago yesterday…. unfortunately didn't realize who it was until near end of flight.. he was chatting it up… In the end i had to wonder why is the VP and General Mgr of the MLB White Sox boarding with me in Group 3 and sitting on aisle 22??… I guess because it's the White Sox….. he was headed to Mississippi to watch a High School kid last night.
Luke The Drifter
5:42p, 4/25/24
Shew is only posting a .158 batting average in 15 games played, the worst on the team. I'm guessing he's only in the bigs because he plays for the White Sox. I hope he turns it around and somehow gets onto a better team. It must really stink to go to the ballpark everyday knowing you're on a 3-22 team.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
EMY92
5:52p, 4/25/24
It's a little easier going to the ballpark each day when you know that you're going to earn more than the average Texagers earns a year for playing that single game.
VegasAg86
6:08p, 4/25/24
In reply to EMY92
EMY92 said:

It's a little easier going to the ballpark each day when you know that you're going to earn more than the average Texagers earns a year for playing that single game.
His salary is about $740,000. He makes less than $5,000 per game. That said, being paid $5000 to go to a park and play a game you love wouldn't be a bad life at all.
Mas89
6:21p, 4/25/24
In reply to VegasAg86
Don't forget the 3.1 million he got when he signed as a first round pick in 2019.
VegasAg86
6:25p, 4/25/24
In reply to Mas89
Mas89 said:

Don't forget the 3.1 million he got when he signed as a first round pick in 2019.
No doubt, but he already has that and isn't part of his game check. I think he has a pretty nice life, but he doesn't make more per game than most TexAgers make in a year.
TMF
7:30p, 4/25/24
In reply to VegasAg86
VegasAg86 said:

Mas89 said:

No doubt, but he already has that and isn't part of his game check. I think he has a pretty nice life, but he doesn't make more per game than most TexAgers make in a year.

What kind of comment is this? Someone already said less than 5k per game. Who are you suggesting thinks he makes more than most texagers make in a year in just a single game? Or do you think most texagers make less than 5k per year? 740k per year is great and especially playing a game you love.
Oldfart2
8:43p, 4/25/24
In reply to Luke The Drifter
Luke The Drifter said:

Shew is only posting a .158 batting average in 15 games played, the worst on the team. I'm guessing he's only in the bigs because he plays for the White Sox. I hope he turns it around and somehow gets onto a better team. It must really stink to go to the ballpark everyday knowing you're on a 3-22 team.

To be fair, they are only 3-22 until their next game. Then they will be 3-23.
HoustonAg2106
9:02p, 4/25/24
In reply to TMF
TMF said:

VegasAg86 said:

Mas89 said:

What kind of comment is this? Someone already said less than 5k per game. Who are you suggesting thinks he makes more than most texagers make in a year in just a single game? Or do you think most texagers make less than 5k per year? 740k per year is great and especially playing a game you love.

I can guarantee you that most Texags posters don't make more than 740k per year
VegasAg86
9:25p, 4/25/24
In reply to TMF
TMF said:

VegasAg86 said:

Mas89 said:

What kind of comment is this? Someone already said less than 5k per game.

Correct, I'm the one that posted that.

Quote:

Who are you suggesting thinks he makes more than most texagers make in a year in just a single game?

EMY92. My post about 5k per game was in response to exactly that statement. Read the post my 5k responded to and you'll see it.

Quote:

Or do you think most texagers make less than 5k per year?
Since I specifically stated that ISN'T more that most TexAgers make in a year, I'm not sure how you could possibly think this.
Quote:

740k per year is great and especially playing a game you love.

This is pretty much the same thing I said in my previous post.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings