Kaden Kent

4,211 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by you moran
Sonny Corleone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd like to see Kaden Kent back in there at 2nd base on Saturday. Chestnut had some poor AB tonight and Kent is our future and deserves another crack.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Not a knock on Kent but chestnut has been playing great offensively and solid D.
Wabs
AG
Chestnut got ****ed by blue in his last AB. But….i do think Kent deserves more PT. I was hoping he'd PH for Chestnut late in the game.
Randy Rhodes
Chestnut is gonna come up big this year, trust me
TheBonifaceOption
Sonny Corleone said:

I'd like to see Kaden Kent back in there at 2nd base on Saturday. Chestnut had some poor AB tonight and Kent is our future and deserves another crack.
Chestnut got hosed twice by high called strikes. It wasnt like they were bad ABs.

Chestnut arguably had a better game than Monte, who despite reaching base on a BoB, did GIDP.
RED AG 98
AG
If we're making wishes, wins against one of the best offenses in the country is what I want to see.
trouble
AG
Duuuuuuuuude, Lil Bit got a called strike that was above his eyes.
cheeky
AG
Is Kent 100%?

He's much better defensively than Chestnut. However, Kent hasn't done much with the bat to separate himself from the herd when given the opportunity outside of eating pitches and getting on base. If that's important in the bottom of the lineup.
Charpie
AG
trouble said:

Duuuuuuuuude, Lil Bit got a called strike that was above his eyes.

Thus my WTF text last night
StinkyPinky
AG
Chestnut has been solid. Has earned the spot IMO. Plus his speed on the based are a huge plus.

Edit: But I'll balance that as well with agreeing Kent has been playing well a d would have zero issue with him in as well. Nice problem to have.
Sean98
AG
Sonny Corleone said:

If the future is what you're looking for then it's probably Bell.

2nd is going to be a struggle for us this year but it's not like it's a black hole. They've all done some good things and they've all struggled. We may continue to see some rotation. We should be used to this after 40 games.
Rec
AG
My kiddo tried out for Jeff Kent's team a few times but they did not seem need an undersized middle infielde, hehe. We played against them a few times too over the years. Im always pulling for Kaden, been watching him play for a long time.
MMantle
AG
Our future at 2B is Jack Bell.

RR
McInnis
AG
Sonny Corleone said:

I like Kent but will be surprised if he doesn't hit the portal after this season.
Aggie0404
AG
Agreed
BBQ
AG
Travis had zero bad at bats. Blue did not adjust his strike zone accordingly to the physical dimensions of the batter. Blue was using Jace V's zone on every body.

It amazes me how blue at this level could be do incompetent.

As a player since the age of coach pitch, is drilled into your every fabric what the "strike zone" is and that clown very confident that those pitches were strikes.

The indicator that the blue was less than stellar, chirping by the batter during and after the at bat by both teams and especially the Aggs. I don't think i have observed much of that from the Aggs all season.

I thought Ali was going to get run at one point. He was pretty demonstrative.
phatty26
TheBonifaceOption said:

Sonny Corleone said:

Chestnut got hosed twice by high called strikes. It wasnt like they were bad ABs.

Chestnut arguably had a better game than Monte, who despite reaching base on a BoB, did GIDP.

Runner on third less than 2 outs you can't get rung watching the strike. Ump called high all night he's bent over swing the bat get the run home.
BmtAg96
AG
What about targac?
RED AG 98
AG
If Travis swings at the pitch and misses (which is highly likely), the same people would be here talking about his bad AB and that he swung at ball 4. It was above his letters. That's not protecting the plate; that's blue that is terrible at his primary job.
bdp514am
Even Schloss mentioned that Travis' ABs weren't bad ABs.
phatty26
RED AG 98 said:

If Travis swings at the pitch and misses (which is highly likely), the same people would be here talking about his bad AB and that he swung at ball 4. It was above his letters. That's not protecting the plate; that's blue that is terrible at his primary job.

Possibly but bottom line you've got to get that run home regardless if blue is bad which he was. Chesnut has performed better than the other two last night was the exception and I expect him to deliver today and others who had off nights. That is why this team is special Burton and Appel.
Sonny Corleone
AG
Sonny Corleone said:

I take back what I said.
AgLA06
AG
Good call!
curry97
AG
Bump!
tjack16
AG
Sonny Corleone said:

#FreezingColdTakes
RED AG 98
AG
Corleone doesn't often admit a mistake. Well done.
nukeaggie2000
AG
Good call manager
BBQ
AG
Anymore great Skipper moves?
AggieBB
AG
Sonny Corleone said:

How were those AB's today?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I like Kent, but Chestnut is an absolute weapon when he gets on base. His speed is something that can win games in the postseason.
cheeky
AG
Would not imagine that Kent will return to this team even with Targac and Chestnut moving on after this season to whatever is next for them. Really puzzled by it but clearly something is misaligned. So my hope is TC limits errors and finds a way on base where he is most productive.
you moran
AG
Cheeky, are you even watching the games?

The only puzzling thing is why you think Chestnut hasn't performed very well and why you think Kent should be playing in his or anyone else's spot. Statistically, both offensively AND defensively (.979 fld% for Chestnut, .950 for Kent), it's not even close between him and Kent right now. Other than strikeout rate, Chestnut has much better numbers. Especially at the plate in conference. In conference only, the comparison gets silly. Chestnut not only has more speed, he has shown more power. He has more range. He gets on base at a higher rate, he hits better. Slg, obp, ops,, you name it.

Look, Kent after some flubs early, has been solid defensively. He has a solid oba overall (conference not so much). He makes contact. He hasn't shown any power but that could come in time. He can play multiple positions and wouldn't be the first player to see a real uptick in production as an upperclassmen. Maybe more at bats would help. Maybe a Blake Allemond like progression best case scenario. But right now it's not close.

Still a lot of season left and things can change. Maybe he will need to step in and hopefully he does well. But this is not a debate right now. Sorrell and Chestnut solidified the starting lineup the last several weeks. Our nine is set unless we see an extended slump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.