Foreign Substance - Georgia Pitcher's Glove
57,298 Views | 274 Replies
tjack16
9:25p, 4/29/24
I was told the Astros were the only baseball team that has ever cheated… so nothing to see obviously from Georgia
GrapevineAg
9:44p, 4/29/24
In reply to AGinHI
AGinHI said:

RED AG 98 said:

Aggie X account has jokes.

Such an awesome video!!!
Great song in the background too
APHIS AG
9:52p, 4/29/24
In reply to LB12Diamond
LB12Diamond said:

We are kicking so much ass. Other Teams only chance is to cheat like cray cray.
We have been the victim of teams (t.u.) doing this (not only in baseball) that it does not only get old but infuriating.
ensign_beedrill
10:13p, 4/29/24
In reply to snowdog90
snowdog90 said:

This whole thing is amazing to me. Dude is obviously cheating.

1. What is going to be done about it?

2. Will Georgia deny it?

3. Will any journalists dare question Georgia about this?

4. Is there any technology that can judge the spin rates of Saturday's game with other games this guy has played?

I don't expect the answers to all these questions, but wow, how embarrassing and fraudulent that Georgia "win" was.

I think it might affect them as the season progresses.
Hopefully they are watched like eagles the rest of the way.

Perhaps the only thing that will come out of this is that this guy specifically, and maybe Georgia pitchers generally, will not be able to do this any more with as much scrutiny as they're going to be getting.
aginlakeway
10:40p, 4/29/24
In reply to ensign_beedrill
That will be the biggest consequence.
PunchyFarmer
10:42p, 4/29/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

Aggie X account has jokes.

Anybody know what song that is?
GrapevineAg
10:47p, 4/29/24
In reply to PunchyFarmer
PunchyFarmer said:

Anybody know what song that is?

"Outro" by M83.
WT14
10:56p, 4/29/24

I know it may not matter, nor is anything *likely* to be done… but for those of you who follow Jomboy media, he just did a pretty damning breakdown of this.

I sure hope there's an investigation. Doubtful, but feels good when one of the biggest channels on baseball covers it and exposes this loser for who he is, a damn cheater.

If it takes a team cheating to beat you, we've got something special.
WT14
11:22p, 4/29/24
In reply to WT14
lol oops like 5 people already posted this… oh well. More coverage on this cheating loser
SHSU-AG
9:44a, 4/30/24
College baseball needs to do like the pros do and have an umpire check the pitchers glove after they come off the mound. On a side note, does MLB check relievers when they exit a game, or just between innings?
Hustle, hit, never quit!
StinkyPinky
10:04a, 4/30/24
In reply to WT14
Glad to see Jomboy covering it. They (including SEC) can't continue to hide from this.

On a lighter note we also need an Ozzie Man review of the video.
HtownAg92
10:10a, 4/30/24
In reply to WT14
WT14 said:

I know it may not matter, nor is anything *likely* to be done… but for those of you who follow Jomboy media, he just did a pretty damning breakdown of this.

I sure hope there's an investigation. Doubtful, but feels good when one of the biggest channels on baseball covers it and exposes this loser for who he is, a damn cheater.

If you don't follow Jomboy and are a baseball fan, do so immediately. I thought he was just another Yankee honk that hated on Astros (he nailed the trashcan scandal big time), but he is great. He will break down close or controversial calls, coach melt-downs, umpire suckage, brawls, etc. Very entertaining.

And yes, him picking up on this is huge. Even if nothing comes of this, a VERY broad audience now is fully in our corner as to being cheated.
twk
10:16a, 4/30/24
A week from now, no one will care about this. Yes, the guy cheated. We didn't catch it in the moment, so he got away with it. That's baseball.

I'm not sure I see the point in continuing to try to drum up this story. All future UGA opponents are going to watch this guy like a hawk. Evidently, there has been some discussion prior to this incident as to whether umpires should be checking pitchers gloves as a matter of course like they do in the big leagues, so maybe this adds some fuel to that fire. But we don't get any prize for having proved that the guy cheated.

It was an interesting topic in the beginning, but we are venturing into dead horse territory now.
AggieBand2004
10:36a, 4/30/24
It's only Tuesday morning. The team hasn't even played its midweek game yet.
Dead horse status is a few days away
HtownAg92
10:43a, 4/30/24
In reply to twk
twk said:

A week from now, no one will care about this. Yes, the guy cheated. We didn't catch it in the moment, so he got away with it. That's baseball.

I'm not sure I see the point in continuing to try to drum up this story. All future UGA opponents are going to watch this guy like a hawk. Evidently, there has been some discussion prior to this incident as to whether umpires should be checking pitchers gloves as a matter of course like they do in the big leagues, so maybe this adds some fuel to that fire. But we don't get any prize for having proved that the guy cheated.

It was an interesting topic in the beginning, but we are venturing into dead horse territory now.
Wait, we are expected to just let things go? I'll work on that, but in the meantime I will resume breaking down the Zapruder film of the Trent Hunter "hit".
Aggies2009
10:46a, 4/30/24
In reply to HtownAg92
HtownAg92 said:

WT14 said:

If you don't follow Jomboy and are a baseball fan, do so immediately. I thought he was just another Yankee honk that hated on Astros (he nailed the trashcan scandal big time), but he is great. He will break down close or controversial calls, coach melt-downs, umpire suckage, brawls, etc. Very entertaining.

And yes, him picking up on this is huge. Even if nothing comes of this, a VERY broad audience now is fully in our corner as to being cheated.

This was the first video I saw of his. Amazing.
REMARCH11
10:47a, 4/30/24
Can someone educate me on what would have happened had he been caught in the act?

Let's just say 9th inning 2 outs je gets caught. Do those outs still stand? Tough luck? Not sure what the outcome would have been.

Appreciate the answer.
God,....I really hate the sips!
Aggies2009
10:53a, 4/30/24
In reply to REMARCH11
REMARCH11 said:

Can someone educate me on what would have happened had he been caught in the act?

Let's just say 9th inning 2 outs je gets caught. Do those outs still stand? Tough luck? Not sure what the outcome would have been.

Appreciate the answer.
Basically he gets ejected from the game and possibly suspended for like 2 games after that. The outs stand. Everything else stands. In 2022 I believe, Auburn had a player ejected for using an illegal bat. I'm pretty sure he had done some damage that game and throughout the series. All that happened was that he got ejected from the game and Auburn still got those wins they had picked up on the back of cheating.

In baseball, it's proven to be worth it to cheat. What are the consequences? The Astros were fined $5 million (made WAY more than that in revenue from hosting playoff and WS games due to their cheating) and lost a couple draft picks. Well worth it to win a title. Players like this UGA guy... At this point, at worst (and very unlikely), the SEC will suspend him for a game or something. Even had he been found out during the game, he'd have been ejected but he'd have already killed our rally in the 8th and I'm sure he'd be okay with that.
Serious Lee
11:02a, 4/30/24
its only been like 14 years, but im just glad weve moved on from dave yeast
REMARCH11
11:02a, 4/30/24
In reply to Aggies2009
That's about what I figured. Appreciate the clarification.
God,....I really hate the sips!
Aggies2009
11:06a, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

**** that guy.

His problems go FAR beyond him screwing up a series against tu. He was suspended from other conferences too for his screw ups. He boasted that he made what he knew to be the wrong call to get back at players/coaches who challenged his authority. Even worse, he was teaching/coaching young umpires. Wonder why we have guys like Ryan Broussard? Dave Yeast currently works for the SEC doing umpire coordination.

Also, he's a shady businessman but I won't get into all that.
histag10
11:11a, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

I will never fully move on from the Dave Yeast debacle. That was straight up bull **** that had bigger implications than just one conference series.
Aggies2009
11:12a, 4/30/24
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

Serious Lee said:

I will never fully move on from the Dave Yeast debacle. That was straight up bull **** that had bigger implications than just one conference series.
Amazing that he stopped umpiring like RIGHT as instant replay became a thing.

Heh, it's funny cause he got butthurt that one of the plays he screwed up was shown on the video board. Can you imagine the blow to his ego that a "call overturned" would drum up?
AggieBand2004
12:43p, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

I'll not move on from Dave Yeast until he has a grave I can pee on
P.U.T.U
1:09p, 4/30/24
Think it was a few years ago that a Michigan pitcher was caught with sticky stuff on his glove and he was suspended 4 games. It is more of a slap on the hand compared to what happens in the MLB
Luke The Drifter
1:35p, 4/30/24
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

Think it was a few years ago that a Michigan pitcher was caught with sticky stuff on his glove and he was suspended 4 games. It is more of a slap on the hand compared to what happens in the MLB

Consider the college season is about 1/3 the length of an MLB season. A 4-game suspension in college equates to a 12 or 13-game suspension in the pros.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Hornbeck
1:39p, 4/30/24
In reply to AggieBand2004
AggieBand2004 said:

Serious Lee said:

I'll not move on from Dave Yeast until he has a grave I can pee on

That would be great
BadMoonRisin
2:09p, 4/30/24
In reply to PunchyFarmer
It's M83 - Outro, not Wait. Sounds very similar.
GrapevineAg
2:11p, 4/30/24
In reply to BadMoonRisin
BBQ
2:13p, 4/30/24
In reply to GrapevineAg
Go get'em Johnny Boy
ensign_beedrill
2:43p, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

Oh, great, now you've done it.
BadMoonRisin
3:05p, 4/30/24
In reply to TyHolden
TyHolden said:

looks like he's jerking off into his glove....
This...might be the play if you're the pitcher.

"uhhh yeah, I um....get nervous sometimes"
RGLAG85
3:24p, 4/30/24
In reply to BadMoonRisin
BadMoonRisin said:

TyHolden said:

looks like he's jerking off into his glove....
This...might be the play if you're the pitcher.

"uhhh yeah, I um....get nervous sometimes"
A little sticky substance never hurts a pitcher.
histag10
3:37p, 4/30/24
AP news picked it up and reached out to Schloss for comment. Several other news outlets have picked up the AP story

https://apnews.com/article/college-baseball-christian-mracna-d4d660935e04f791fb3bfed1d235e7e6
ensign_beedrill
3:50p, 4/30/24
In reply to histag10
Quote:

"Certainly appears that way," Schlossnagle said in a text to The Associated Press on Tuesday. "It's part of the game ... wish we would've caught it."
That sounds like Coach.

He needs a direct line to Section 12 so they can alert him to this stuff.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 8
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings