Grahovac's injury: defensive effect?
1,414 Views | 7 Replies
Roc96
11:51a, 5/4/24
I'm a high school coach, and have seen this plenty, when a player lacks confidence in a part of his/her body, and it shows up with a hesitation in their footwork, double-clutches, or throws not quite on line. I hope this is not the case with him, because he is such an asset to both halves of each inning. But I can't ignore what I saw last night.
Roc
Sean98
11:53a, 5/4/24
In reply to Roc96
I think it's highly likely. His first game since the injury. He's likely didn't know how his body would feel and react to certain movements. Now he does. Should be a new day today. I'm not worried.
AggieBB
1:26p, 5/4/24
In reply to Roc96
Roc96 said:

I'm a high school coach, and have seen this plenty, when a player lacks confidence in a part of his/her body, and it shows up with a hesitation in their footwork, double-clutches, or throws not quite on line. I hope this is not the case with him, because he is such an asset to both halves of each inning. But I can't ignore what I saw last night.

Never coached but I did play D1 baseball, and you're thought could very well be what was going on last night. I've been there and know the feeling being a middle infielder and making the throw to first after pulling a hammy weeks before.
Muktheduck
1:41p, 5/4/24
Quite possible, although he's struggled with throws and transfers all year long. Gotta be something mental, because he's doing the hard part (getting the ball in your glove) extremely well.
Frag
1:42p, 5/4/24
In reply to Roc96
Roc96 said:

I would not doubt that at all.
Hart-J hall
2:15p, 5/4/24
I thought his throws were already iffy when rushed before he was half way to 1st last Saturday. Certainly the injury could compound it. His defense is not up to SEC caliber yet, understandably as a fish
LB12Diamond
2:21p, 5/4/24
Being that it's the first time he's done this all year and it was the first game after his injury. I would guess, very likely.

I was kind of hoping all the knobs complaining on the game thread might use a little reasoning or understanding instead of going cray cray.
BurnetAggie99
2:27p, 5/4/24
Got to remember he was Primary outfielder that played some Infield coming out of HS & Select ball.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings