TX Cares Antibody study (natural vs vaccination)
85,944 Views | 629 Replies
88planoAg
12:21p, 2/22/22
In reply to DannyDuberstein
I only got one number - I'm not vaccinated so that is all I needed. Nothing like the Cares study data, just one value.
DannyDuberstein
12:22p, 2/22/22
In reply to 88planoAg
Got it. So it would most likely have been the spike protein
Dolphin Roper
5:50p, 2/22/22
Had my 3rd draw on Friday. Had Covid early on in March 2020 (approaching 2 years ago now), no vaccine.

Aug 2021: N protein 100, S protein >2500
Nov 2021: N protein 84, S protein >2500
Feb 2022: N protein 65, S protein > 2500

Youngest daughter has been negative for both N and S proteins all 3 times. Older daughter has been positive for N protein at low levels and negative for S all three times - not really sure what would cause that? Haven't seen anyone else positive for N and negative for S.
farmrag
7:57p, 2/22/22
In reply to Player To Be Named Later
Player To Be Named Later said:

KidDoc said:

The Moderna booster in the studies I have read through pops your titers to 30k +. It will take a long time for them to get below that 2500 threshold.

I'm really trying to wrap my head around how I dropped from 2nd to 3rd draw with the Moderna booster between the two.....
Same thing happened to me. I had my 2nd draw a couple weeks after my 3rd Moderna shot. Went from 2100 s protein to 173. I had my 3rd draw today so hopefully the 2nd was just a bad lab test.
lb3
9:43p, 2/22/22
I'm dumbfounded by my latest results.

March: Moderna 1st shot
April: Moderna 2nd shot.

August- N:Neg S:1287
November- N:Neg S:704

January- PCR Test: positive for COVID.

February: N:Neg S: Off scale high(>2500)

My understanding from when we enrolled was that the N protein was going to represent natural antibodies from being exposed to COVID and that the S protein representing the mRNA antibody response would decline over time.

My wife got Covid in January as well. I know I got a pretty good viral load from her b/c I took her nasal swabs and swabbed my nose with them twice, about 10 hours apart.

Does this mean my body remembered how to make the mRNA antibodies and defeated COVID before any other immune responses could be activated? Or does Omicron functionally behave like the vaccine?
KidDoc
12:20a, 2/23/22
In reply to lb3
lb3 said:

My understanding from when we enrolled was that the N protein was going to represent natural antibodies from being exposed to COVID and that the S protein representing the mRNA antibody response would decline over time.

My wife got Covid in January as well. I know I got a pretty good viral load from her b/c I took her nasal swabs and swabbed my nose with them twice, about 10 hours apart.

Does this mean my body remembered how to make the mRNA antibodies and defeated COVID before any other immune responses could be activated? Or does Omicron functionally behave like the vaccine?

Yes you neutralized the infection before n immunoglobins were made.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lb3
8:29a, 2/23/22
In reply to KidDoc
That stinks. I was hoping to acquire hybrid immunity. I guess I'll need to try again.
jograki
8:48p, 2/23/22
Did my third yesterday. Pfizer in March/April last year, extremely mild covid in July.

N:
August '21 4.6
December '21 8.9
February '22 6.7

S:
All 3 were >2500.

Pretty happy about these results. I unexpectedly was diagnosed this fall and subsequently had surgery in Oct for thyroid cancer, so it's pretty great to have these as "benchmarks" and see that I'm not quite immunosuppressed.
SoulSlaveAG2005
8:27a, 2/24/22
Super immunity FTW!

No way I'm gonna get a booster jab.

Caliber
8:38a, 2/24/22
In reply to lb3
lb3 said:

Am I reading this wrong? Did you intentionally give yourself covid?
Caliber
9:07a, 2/24/22
In reply to Caliber
Brad06ag said:

Did my Second draw thanksgiving week.

J&J Vaccine on 8/2/2021

First Texas cares on 9/7/2021
N - 11.7 (this was a surprise to me)
S - 208

Second draw on 11/29/2021
N - 17.8
S - 930

I never had a positive Covid test. Only possible symptoms were week starting 8/9/2021 - only real symptom was limited appetite. Wanted to eat but was done after just a few bites for a nearly a week. Everything tasted/smelled good, just didn't want to eat more.
Wife and kids didn't have any symptoms at all, so who knows if they got it.
Was Covid Negative on a blood donation in June.
Third draw Yesterday and results in today...

N - 162
S - >2500

I'm guessing that minor little stomach bug my 3 year old brought home from daycare in January wasn't a stomach bug...

She was sick for a day in the middle of the week (kept home wed/thurs) and then school cancelled friday. I had it Saturday night. Wife felt slightly nauseous for a couple hours Friday night and went to bed early but woke up feeling good. Other kid had nothing.
Only major symptom for kid and I was throwing up ever 1-3 hours for 12-18 hours. Didn't feel bad in between and actually had an appetite. I thought I was just tired on Sunday/Monday because mine was at night and I hardly slept, but that was probably just a typical fatigue symptom from covid.

So, Natural booster complete.
SoulSlaveAG2005
9:19a, 2/24/22
In reply to Caliber
Quote:

lb3
2:11a, 2/27/22
In reply to Caliber
Brad06ag said:

lb3 said:

Am I reading this wrong? Did you intentionally give yourself covid?
Yes, I didn't want to miss out on all the fun.

I've been trying to get COVID since the peak of Delta. I started visiting bars and restaurants frequently with no luck. I had COVID positive friends cough on me or drive in a car with me to try to catch it. I had one friend jokingly offer me nasal swabs but that seemed a bit too intimate. Then when my wife caught it, I asked her for some swabs. Unfortunately, I still didn't get any of those cool N proteins I was seeking.

Maybe I'll do better with the next variant.
The Fall Guy
5:37a, 3/1/22
Didn't even do my third draw which was supposed to be 2 weeks ago. I DGAF anymore.
petebaker
5:35p, 3/1/22

Charpie
5:46p, 3/1/22
Now how can I catch Covid?

Just kidding. I'm sure I'll catch it next week at the convention I'm attending
dubi
8:06a, 3/3/22
In reply to Charpie
Charpie said:

Now how can I catch Covid?

Just kidding. I'm sure I'll catch it next week at the convention I'm attending
You may catch Omicron and never know like me in January. Cedar was high and i felt crummy Just like every Dec/Jan for my entire life. Low fever one day that was caught only because I had a Dr appt. Then my Texas Cares N antibody went up and I was a bit happy that I finally caught it.

KidDoc
9:16a, 3/3/22
My moderna vaccine from 1-2021 is holding up amazingly well!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nhamp07
4:16p, 3/7/22
My natural antibodies are waning but my S protein is still > 2500. My wife had natural antibodies for the first time. Never ran a fever but had allergy symptoms off and on all December and January.
TheMasterplan
6:28p, 3/7/22
I'm not in Texas but when I visit I'd like to do an antibody test.

Does the CVS one give the similar results that everybody is seeing here or is there a special one I can do at an urgent care facility?
88planoAg
6:36p, 3/7/22
In reply to TheMasterplan
The one people are reporting - Texas Cares - was a study that is now closed. I don't know how to get results that look like that anymore.

You can go to Lab Corp and get a blood draw antibody test that gives one number. That works for me because I haven't been vaccinated, so any antibodies are natural ones for me.
TheMasterplan
6:38p, 3/7/22
In reply to 88planoAg
88planoAg said:

The one people are reporting - Texas Cares - was a study that is now closed. I don't know how to get results that look like that anymore.

You can go to Lab Corp and get a blood draw antibody test that gives one number. That works for me because I haven't been vaccinated, so any antibodies are natural ones for me.
Right so no antibody tests that show the N and S proteins? That sucks. Thanks for answering.
aggielostinETX
3:34p, 3/9/22
My O vaccine worked quite well.

clem93
12:48a, 3/11/22
03 Mar 21: First test: all 0.0, Negative
16 Mar 21: J&J Vax - zero side effects
02 Dec 21: 2nd test: S = 52.8
02 Dec 21: Moderna Booster - 30 hours of fever
09 Mar 22: 3rd test: S = >2500
18 Jul 22: 4th test S = 2072
A is A
11:42a, 3/22/22
In reply to A is A
A is A said:

A is A said:

A is A said:

First Covid Symptoms Aug 7 (night).
No Vaccine.
Wanted to get the anti-body test just to see the numbers.
This is my first test.

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein : Positive
COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative) : 186

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies : Positive
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative : 157.0

Second Test Blood Draw tomorrow (Friday) Will post with results.

Alright, round two below.
Unvaccinated; Covid symptoms start Aug 7
1st test Sept 10; 2nd Dec 18
S: 186 up to 529
N: 157 up to 201

Will post pics tomorrow if I remember.
Alright. Round three completed.
Unvaccinated; covid symptoms aug 7-11.

SARS-CoV-2, Total Ab, N Protein:
Sep: 157.0
Dec 201.0
Mar 127.0

SARS-CoV-2 Total Ab, S Protein:
Sep: 186
Dec: 529
Mar: >2500
LSB_2002
12:28p, 3/22/22
In reply to Caliber
Brad06ag said:

Brad06ag said:

Did my Second draw thanksgiving week.

J&J Vaccine on 8/2/2021

First Texas cares on 9/7/2021
N - 11.7 (this was a surprise to me)
S - 208

Second draw on 11/29/2021
N - 17.8
S - 930

I never had a positive Covid test. Only possible symptoms were week starting 8/9/2021 - only real symptom was limited appetite. Wanted to eat but was done after just a few bites for a nearly a week. Everything tasted/smelled good, just didn't want to eat more.
Wife and kids didn't have any symptoms at all, so who knows if they got it.
Was Covid Negative on a blood donation in June.
Third draw Yesterday and results in today...

N - 162
S - >2500

I'm guessing that minor little stomach bug my 3 year old brought home from daycare in January wasn't a stomach bug...

She was sick for a day in the middle of the week (kept home wed/thurs) and then school cancelled friday. I had it Saturday night. Wife felt slightly nauseous for a couple hours Friday night and went to bed early but woke up feeling good. Other kid had nothing.
Only major symptom for kid and I was throwing up ever 1-3 hours for 12-18 hours. Didn't feel bad in between and actually had an appetite. I thought I was just tired on Sunday/Monday because mine was at night and I hardly slept, but that was probably just a typical fatigue symptom from covid.

Same!!!! Naturally booooooosted sometime between 2nd and 3rd draw. Didnt even know I had it again.

First time was March of 2021, then again sometime in the last couple months. S-protein back up to over 1500! Yippee
combat wombat™
11:18a, 4/5/22
Had my 3rd draw yesterday. Had Covid in May 2021, no vaccine.

The entire family had covid in May 2021. My two sons tested positive for covid again in mid-January 2022. No one else got it, as far as we know.

08/23/21: N protein 110, S protein 119
01/12/22: N protein 47.8, S protein 118 (before boys tested positive for covid)
04/04/22: N protein 29.5, S protein 130

So why'd the N protein go down whole the S protein went up after my boys had covid?
AgsMyDude
11:32a, 4/5/22
In reply to AgsMyDude
AgsMyDude said:

AgsMyDude said:

32-year-old, J&J April 2021

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein
POSITIVE *

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative)

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies
NEGATIVE *

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative

I know for sure I've been exposed multiple times but one of the closest was 10 months ago (pre-vax)

Round 2 - 1/12/22

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein - POSITIVE *
COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative) - 98.6
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies - NEGATIVE *
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative - 0.0

Surprised at no N protein. Have been living pretty much normal since last summer, only really wearing masks when required (flying, etc.).

Had covid the last week in January, third draw yesterday

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein - POSITIVE *
COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative) - > 2500
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies - POSITIVE *
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative - 4.1

Surprised the N protein is a little low but that S protein though
KidDoc
12:27p, 4/5/22
In reply to combat wombat™
combat wombat said:

Had my 3rd draw yesterday. Had Covid in May 2021, no vaccine.

The entire family had covid in May 2021. My two sons tested positive for covid again in mid-January 2022. No one else got it, as far as we know.

08/23/21: N protein 110, S protein 119
01/12/22: N protein 47.8, S protein 118 (before boys tested positive for covid)
04/04/22: N protein 29.5, S protein 130

So why'd the N protein go down whole the S protein went up after my boys had covid?

118 vs 130 is an insignificant difference, that is likely within testing error.
VaultingChemist
11:43p, 7/6/22
I just had my blood drawn for my fourth antibody test. Texas CARES granted me two additional extended tests.
88planoAg
7:14a, 7/7/22
In reply to VaultingChemist
VaultingChemist said:

I just had my blood drawn for my fourth antibody test. Texas CARES granted me two additional extended tests.

Are they extending the study or are you an exception?
dubi
7:33a, 7/7/22
In reply to VaultingChemist
VaultingChemist said:

I'd also like more tests!
VaultingChemist
11:09a, 7/7/22
In reply to 88planoAg
88planoAg said:

VaultingChemist said:

Are they extending the study or are you an exception?
I don't know. They sent me this text on June 28:
Quote:

TX CARES COVID-19 Antibody Test: Hi *****, Texas CARES has extended testing (up to 2 additional draws). You can opt out at any time. It is time for your fourth Texas CARES COVID-19 antibody test. Complete the survey to receive a confirmation text with your new order number. Our test detects both vaccine-induced and natural antibody presence.

Survey link: ******************* (this link is personalized for you)

Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Results from your antibody tests are returned by text. Replying STOP will discontinue this service.
I got my results back today. I have not been vaccinated, but was infected by alpha variant. My spike protein antibodies increased from 1140 on August of last year to 2122 currently.

SoulSlaveAG2005
11:43a, 7/7/22
In reply to dubi
dubi said:

VaultingChemist said:

I'd also like more tests!

Me too
88planoAg
12:06p, 7/7/22
I emailed them, here is the response - looks like we will all get a chance for a 4th draw eventually!

Quote:

Thank you for your participation in Texas CARES! We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails. We apologize for the delayed response.

Thank you for reaching out. At this time, we have begun the roll-out process for T4 surveys. T4 surveys are being distributed depending on a participant's county of residence and the number of available CPL locations. Counties with a large number of Texas CARES Project participants can take up to 9 weeks to receive their T4 surveys. Our records indicate that you reside in Bexar County. At this time, Bexar County is estimated to take around 4 weeks to distribute all T4 surveys.

Please visit our FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions. Click here for a report of our recent findings: https://go.uth.edu/TXCARESreport Thank you for helping Texas fight COVID-19!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 15 of 18
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings