JW Walsh to Oklahoma State.

3,267 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by StringerBell
RIP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm stunned. Did we have interest?
The Lost
osu had their junior day last weekend fyi... guess he was impresesd
12aggie12
Good for OSU but I would like to get Dexter Foreman to come to aggieland.
Honky Tonk Man
AG
We had not offered and were not close. He seems very athletic but i question whether or not he has the goods to play QB at the college level.
JDUB08AG
AG
I think next year we only take a QB if he is an absolute stud. With only about 18-19 sholarships to hand out and with the abundance of QBs on the roster (Tannehill, Showers, Joekel and Dorman), I don't forsee this staff settling on an even above average QB.
AlexNguyen
His grandfather lives in OK, and I guess he has family relatively nearby. Supposedly OKState hiring the OC from Houston was the big selling point though as the system he runs is very close to what Denton Guyer ran.

The sweepstakes for David Ash just heated up.
beerad12man
AG
Dorman's a TE. For 2011, we'll only have at MOST 4 QB's. We most likely take one in 2011.
Think Schwartz
AG
Sherm will want to take a qb a year, so since JJ is leaving, we will need a qb to replace him, just like we'll need one the year after to replace Tanny.
Thirsty Third
AG
and Honeycutt.
Bachelor99
AG
nice p/u for the pokes...but its veryyyyy early
AkersN
Brewer-Texas A&M
Ash-Texas

Will the Aggies go after the Lufkin QB?
sonora's death row
99, i think last yr ostate picked up commitments from a 4 star qb from tulsa and a 3 star qb from texarkana w/i 10 days of signing day.

1 is already on campus and the other seems solid to commit to ostate tmro.

hiring the houston oc had to have helped in walsh's decision. i think he played the same offense at denton guyer.

and kids r just commiting earlier.

agswin84
AG
J. W. is a great kid. I was calling the Guyer soccer game in the pressbox last evening when we got the word. J.W. was waiting for an Okie State offer. He had a great experience there. He is a great pick up for them and will do well. Great family. I thought he would be a great fit in Aggieland, but he knows what is best. I am proud of him for what he has done. He will be fun to watch in the future.

Hug your kids everyday!
Rudyjax
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I think next year we only take a QB if he is an absolute stud. With only about 18-19 sholarships to hand out and with the abundance of QBs on the roster (Tannehill, Showers, Joekel and Dorman), I don't forsee this staff settling on an even above average QB.

And….. we took a lowly 3* from the shill country.
StringerBell
AG
i remember being bummed about walsh but moreso about josh stewart

i remember dat being in charge of his recruitment and telling stewart to follow his heart and i was like no **** that he doesnt need to follow his heart he needs to come to a&m **** a heart.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.