CVS keeps giving me free money
2,372 Views | 15 Replies
fc2112
2:37p, 5/6/24
They sent both a $4 and $3 off any purchase coupon on Saturday. So I went and got a $2 gallon of Blue Bell.

Then another $3 off any purchase yesterday, so I bought some Heath bars, which I didn't need either.

I just got another $4 off coupon, so that's $13 off in the last three days.

Is something broken there? Is it just me?
maroon barchetta
2:40p, 5/6/24
If I give you money will you stop posting?
ac04
2:47p, 5/6/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

They sent both a $4 and $3 off any purchase coupon on Saturday. So I went and got a $2 gallon of Blue Bell.

Then another $3 off any purchase yesterday, so I bought some Heath bars, which I didn't need either.

i'm pretty sure you are the one giving them free money
MAROON
2:52p, 5/6/24
In reply to fc2112
they'll make it back one day on your diabetes medicine!
DD88
3:29p, 5/6/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

Perhaps you should buy a calculator.
strbrst777
6:12p, 5/6/24
Desperate for front-store general merchandise sales. Ridiculous business model. Senior management never catches on.
BartInLA
7:52p, 5/6/24
Maybe it's good Karma coming back.
Today I bought a 24 ounce bottle of premium ginger beer that was 1/2 off in clearance. Been years since I had one. I get to the car to unload and the bag slips and it breaks into 25 pieces flooding my plastic sack.
I carefully put the pieces and take it to the trash near the front if the store. So I think I might be rewarded for doing the right thing. I decided to replace it. When I paid by credit card I noticed change at my self-checkout. 43 cents. Karma.
oklaunion
7:11a, 5/7/24
Years ago I was behind an Indian/Pakistani woman who had a basket full of stuff in CVS. It took her 10 minutes to get checked out because of all the coupons and free stuff she got while checking out. I think she walked out paying nothing.
I questioned the checkout lady about it and she said some people have figured out how to game their system. I was actually quite impressed.
IIIHorn
7:45a, 5/7/24

Pharming

ABATTBQ11
12:10p, 5/7/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

How much money are we talking?
IIIHorn
3:27p, 5/7/24
In reply to ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11 said:

maroon barchetta said:

How much money are we talking?

A $2.00 Escalade coupon.

NoahAg
12:26p, 5/8/24
In reply to oklaunion
oklaunion said:

Years ago I was behind an Indian/Pakistani woman who had a basket full of stuff in CVS. It took her 10 minutes to get checked out because of all the coupons and free stuff she got while checking out. I think she walked out paying nothing.
I questioned the checkout lady about it and she said some people have figured out how to game their system. I was actually quite impressed.
I'm not sure that's very common anymore. There was a phase around 10 years ago when "extreme couponing" was a thing, particularly at some grocery stores. My wife got into it briefly. Can't remember the details but if you played the coupon game right you could stock up on lots of household items for a ridiculously low amount of money.
Obviously, the stores caught on and changed their systems.
Tanya 93
1:06p, 5/8/24
In reply to NoahAg
NoahAg said:

oklaunion said:

I'm not sure that's very common anymore. There was a phase around 10 years ago when "extreme couponing" was a thing, particularly at some grocery stores. My wife got into it briefly. Can't remember the details but if you played the coupon game right you could stock up on lots of household items for a ridiculously low amount of money.
Obviously, the stores caught on and changed their systems.

Stupid show ruined that ability
jja79
5:57p, 5/8/24
I bought a bottle of tequila today at CVS and they gave me a free bottle of margarita mix. Wish I had your coupons on top of that.
Lex
6:04p, 5/8/24
I'm a Walgreens people. So I always get free money at CVS to get me to come back.
Ginormus Ag
6:44p, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
Walgreens people are better people than CVS people.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings